You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can we sack Benitez now

Antynwa

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa was a game away from getting the sack at Valencia, away to Espanyol then won the league, twice. Ferguson was a game away from the sack at Man Utd at one point.

I agree with everyone that this season has been a fuckin mare, but as quick as you can point the finger at Rafa, you wanna have a look at some of the players and we've got most of the same players from last year. Gerrard was shite today, wasn't even in it. So what? Sell Gerrard!? No Gerrards one of the best players in the world who's having a bad season, same with Rafa.

I'm not even in the mood to debate it. If you aren't seeing what I'm seeing you either are blind, or just fucking moronic.

So, if people don't agree with your opinion then they're moronic. Fucking quality. Fuck you.

Rafa was a game away from getting the sack at Valencia, away to Espanyol then won the league, twice. Ferguson was a game away from the sack at Man Utd at one point.

I agree with everyone that this season has been a fuckin mare, but as quick as you can point the finger at Rafa, you wanna have a look at some of the players and we've got most of the same players from last year. Gerrard was shite today, wasn't even in it. So what? Sell Gerrard!? No Gerrards one of the best players in the world who's having a bad season, same with Rafa.

But the buck stops with the manager mate, after nearly 6 years and countless millions of pounds we're no nearer to winning the league, he's had a fair crack of the whip, it's time for somebody else.

Last summer we spent £7M on Dossena, £19M on Keane and £8M on Riera all sold or about to be sold, this season we have spent £20M on Aquilani who he will not play and £16M on Johnson a fullback who cant defend.

If someone in any other business wasted funds like this he would be seen as a liability to the company.

How can anyone defend this shite, there are no excuses for his bizarre decisions, still people think he should get another season?

Unbelievable really..

It would cost over £30m to get rid of him and his back-up men. Even if he got another job tomorrow, he has it written into his contract that he gets paid in full. We just can't do it. Nor indeed should we be held to ransom by him.

What I would do is not give him a single penny towards his transfer budget - anything he spends this summer, he has to raise. He's the one who's created the squad, he's the one who can sort this mess out and earn the £5m a year he handsomely gets paid. And he could start by getting rid of Macia, whose criteria for signing players has not been motivated by their ability or talent, but by channeling our club's business through his mates.

If rafa doesn't want to work under these conditions, let him walk and take a job elsewhere, and forego his massive pay-off.

What is obvious, despite denial from the usual suspects on here who have spent all season blaming others - anyone but Rafa - is that something - drastic - needs to change at this club.

But the buck stops with the manager mate, after nearly 6 years and countless millions of pounds we're no nearer to winning the league, he's had a fair crack of the whip, it's time for somebody else.

Yer, but is it that bad that we need to sack a manager and start again? I really, really can't see how sacking Rafa is going to do us any good. Honestly.

We nearly won the prem last year. one bad season and its all over?

Each to their own.

We cant sack benitez because....... is the refuge of the rafapologists.

He's lost the players, time to go.

We've stuck to 'the Liverpool way' for too long. This is why united have capitalised their income streams. This is why we have a small stadium compared to almost every club in Europe who we consider our equals. This is why we dont sack a manager past his sell by date.

We need to change before its too late.

one step forward a million steps back if we sack Rafa.

He's had a nightmare this season but i can't see the benefit we're gonna get if we sack him.

Signing better players (and playing them)?

Playing a more enterprising and entertaining type of football?

I don´t buy the funds or net spend excuse. I agree it is a factor, but United are miles in front of Liverpool with only two players who may be considered unreacheable with Liverpool´s financial muscle, Rooney and Ferdinand. Yet they play a much more entertaining and effective brand of football.

Today´s Benitez starting midfield was Kuyt, Maxi, Mascherano, Leiva and Gerrard, with the only idea of stopping United and to try to catch them on the break. That should be unacceptable for a club that wants to compete at the top, but that is the only way Benitez knows.

Yer, but is it that bad that we need to sack a manager and start again? I really, really can't see how sacking Rafa is going to do us any good. Honestly.

We nearly won the prem last year. one bad season and its all over?

Each to their own.

One bad season, 4 seasons of mediocrity and 10 weeks of one season where the 'shackles are off.'

Strange sense of perspective you have there! Each to their own.

Getting beat by the mancs should hardly be the straw that breaks the Camel's back, whisper it quietly - they're not a bad side.

Hold on. Because we lost today they aren't that bad. Lost count of how many people said we are better than them on paper.

We have lost too many games this season and if rafa was at any other club he would be sacked. Sick of this 'we went to the champions and just lost' mentality. It's people who have spent too much

time listening to rafa. A poor side, poor season. He guaranteed 4th, isn't going to achieve it. As a result he should quit

maybe if we weren't so negative earlier in the season we wouldn't be in this mess. No point trying to win games from march

We cant sack benitez because....... is the refuge of the rafapologists.

He's lost the players, time to go.

We've stuck to 'the Liverpool way' for too long. This is why united have capitalised their income streams. This is why we have a small stadium compared to almost every club in Europe who we consider our equals. This is why we dont sack a manager past his sell by date.

We need to change before its too late.

£30m to get rid of him though? We simply cannot do it. It means selling Mascherano just to pay off the manager. He has us over a barrel - i think we should just insist he generates his own transfer money this summer, and let him walk if he doesn't like it.

To be honest, i really dont now if i want Rafa gone, i like him, he`s had a bad season. We all knew at the start of the season that if we had injuries to key players, we`d be fucked and thats pretty much whats happened........ but,his negative, stifling tactics are driving me fucking mad and it strikes me our 2 superstars aren`t liking it either. The persistence with 2 holding midfielders in EVERY fuckin game. The lack of width/pace/creativity is painful to watch. Watching Kuyt is heartbreaking, i`m better. And yet he causes so much debate on here coz he runs around a lot and tries! And he`s just been given a bumper new contract!! I know it was only v Portsmouth, but with no Kuyt or Lucas on the pitch, we didnt give possession away so fuckin frequently, thereby, playing a more fluid and attacking passing game.Its not fuckin rocket science! Rafa has got to change his ways, I think we all thought he had for the last 3 months of last season, but, unfortunately, that was not the case. So therefore, I`m leaning towards the Rafa out brigade.

£30m to get rid of him though? We simply cannot do it. It means selling Mascherano just to pay off the manager. He has us over a barrel - i think we should just insist he generates his own transfer money this summer, and let him walk if he doesn't like it.

I have a feeling he's been generating his pay-off since January last year

Every time there is a Benitez out thread we compare him to alex ferguson. he won nothing in his first year only an FA cup etc.. Benitez won champions league and the FA cup. the comparison is wrong. Ferguson is one of the best coaches in history no matter how much you hate him. Benitez is on the other sides someane who thinks first clean sheets and then will see if we can score. Had enough of his tactics. I always supported Benitez but after today he needs to leave.

says who?

only a rafa apologist

Why start a thread if your not willing to 'debate it'.

Should rename the thread 'Everybody look at me '

If your not in the mood for debating it then why start one of your famous LOOK AT ME fucking threads AGAIN, and as for calling people moronic for having a different opinion to you, it just about sums you up.... grow up, stop acting like a fucking bell end and stop playing to the fucking crowd, it gets a bit fucking boring after a while!

SNAP

You put him on gardening leave. You dont have to pay the 30m (last estimates I saw was 20m) up front. You do the same with his staff who dont resign too.

TBH if we let him loose with the transfer budget, he really will screw us more than he has in the last couple of windows!