You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Riera: stay or go?

Jens

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would fire him out a big cannon if we could find a better alternative (which shouldn't be hard to do), its not just his lack of pace its his total lack of effort, too many times Ive watched him stroll round in front of me making no effort to chase people or run for a return, Id say he is far more lazy then Babel. The only benefit in him being in the team is he gives us a bit more balance and width.

He does provide good balance I have to admit. I've never beenn a big fan of his as i think he is limited, just liek dirk on the other side. If Dirk had a robben on the other side he'd make so much more sense and would be great counter balance. Likewise Riera if we had a Ribery on the right side.

it comes down to team balance. Individually both can be seen as doing a job for the side but both need something extra from the opposing side to add that extra cutting edge.

He does provide good balance I have to admit. I've never beenn a big fan of his as i think he is limited, just liek dirk on the other side. If Dirk had a robben on the other side he'd make so much more sense and would be great counter balance. Likewise Riera if we had a Ribery on the right side.

it comes down to team balance. Individually both can be seen as doing a job for the side but both need something extra from the opposing side to add that extra cutting edge.

I concur with the Costanza.

Like Kuyt, someone i'd be more than happy with in the squad. But two lads we really need to be improving on rather than continually making sideways moves in the transfer market when buying for those positions.

Think himself or Yossi will be off in the Summer anyway. We have Kuyt, Riera, Yossi and Maxi now as the senior wide-men, plus Pacheco and maybe even Amoo edging closer to the senior team. So if we really want to make any improvements in that area, which we do, one of them at least will have to go.

He's a decent player and usually uses the ball well. He has good feet and game intelligence. The thing that stops him from being in the £20M+ bracket is a turn of pace. It we sold him and added money to bring in Mata or Silva, then I would do that. But if we sold him to pay down debt and/or line the pockets of G&H then no chance.

To stay for sure.

Only wide player we have who actually stays wide.

If he can play for Spain he can certainly help us out even if it's as a squad player.

I think we need a wide player to balane out Kuyt coming inside and to give SG and FT more space to operate in.