You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The best goal you ever scored

Antynwa

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was when i was playing for local side a long time ago. I played centerhalf and did not score too many. 5 goals in 10 years. I won a tackle om the edge of my own box beat a player and just kept going and going before slotting it in the corner of the net. I scored 3 goals that season.

a few contenders. the one that my old man & brother goes on about was against Fleetwood Gym when i was 11. Beat 7 men in (what was known at the time) a trademark beardsley dribble and then dinked it over the keeper.

Scored from the halfway line at uni, in the best route one goal you will ever see. goalkick controlled onthe volley onthe instep of my right foot, ball wen tbehind my left left and i swiveled and twatted it over the opposing keeper.

Best goal I ever scored was in my head. I track back like Stevie in his snapping people days, take the ball away, drop my shoulder and go past 2 bitters near the half way line. I lay the ball to Nando (used to be robbie) who squares a ball between 2 defenders to Steeeve Gerraaard, Gerraaard, who then rolls it back as I scream "SET!" and I rifle one in the top right corner of the goal at the Kop end past a cursing, foaming, ticking Tim Howard.

On a real note though, I did take a penalty against an alsatian on the halfway line at half time of the FA Youth Cup Final in 96. I went last and nobody else had scored, not surprisingly as the dog was bigger than the fucking goal. I hit the bar, thought I was Robbie in his prime as the crowd went "OOOOHHHH" and jogged off clapping everyone as if I was getting subbed in the last minute purely because I'd played class and the gaffer was giving me my moment.

I'm pissed by the way, so apologies for the nonsense! The peno against the dog is actually true. I think!

Fuck knows how I forgot this one.

I was about 10 years old playing 5 a Side and I essentially did what Zola did v Norwich in the cup a few years ago.

Jesus christ I was invincible

I remember you being there when I played for YNWA in the HJC Cup. Only young, you were.

I remember you being there when I played for YNWA in the HJC Cup. Only young, you were.

Was it the one where we got to the Final or the one where I got twatted by the ball point blank in the head, you would have known it was me, I was almost in tears on the floor, funny now but it hurt like a bitch last time, couldn't feel my ear for days?

Guest Pistonbroke

I dribbled all over the pitch and flicked the ball into the top right hand corner from a whole 40cm's. Then my father kicked my head in for dribbling on his subuteo pitch. I've been mentally scared ever since. Can't face the green cloth any more. They should form a help group for kids beaten up in the 70's for dribbling on a subuteo pitch.

2 for me,

the first, which is the best goal was on my last day of primary school, all the lads where allowed to play football, my team got a free kick on the right, so perfect for the inswinging left footer (me), 3 lads wanted to take it, and funnily enough, them 3 lads all had trials in England (none made it mind), it hit the underside of the bar on the left, it couldnt have been anymore top corner than it was, ill never forget the look on 2 of the really good players faces :wow:

the other one was a peno

we had a league in my school, my class where pretty shit hot, as i said in the previous post, we had 3 really good players

it was the final, and the game was 2 all, i was just a number for our class team to be honest, not a great player, just not shite

pens where up, the teacher asked who wanted the last one, no one said shit so i said i would

stepped up, bottom corner, off the inside of the post, cracking pen if i do say so myself, i was mobbed

i retired that day, i wanted to retire on the top, i knew deep down it wasnt going to better than that

Was it the one where we got to the Final or the one where I got twatted by the ball point blank in the head, you would have known it was me, I was almost in tears on the floor, funny now but it hurt like a bitch last time, couldn't feel my ear for days?

I think we got to the final when I played but can't really remember in all honesty!

I have a shite memory.

i have had the chance to play all over the pitch (meaning the boss wanted to play his son than me), but back in 97, (yes old git, but only 21 at the time) i was playing right wing in the tri service league, although it says tri service it had 10 teams in the league

with the RAF needing a win to be crowned champions and the navy only needing a draw, the last game of the season was a bit of a bore, ten mins to go i cut from the right wing played down the left noone marking me, fastest biggest player sees this and charges me down but i the ball played through, for some reason decided to lob from 30 yards out keeper stranded, jumped on by team quality celebration championship won

although not greatest goal, back in 94, exercise in trinidad, we played their forces team, but as we couldnt get time off to play the only way it could be recognised was by the trinidad fa classing it as a international match, which they did

5-0 down at half time as it was monsoon season, the grass was 3 inches long and we didnt have boots, my mate says me upfront on my own (from right back) just get the ball too me, we go 6-0 down, fromthe kick off my mate shoots, i follow up and knock it in, then get the ball and loft it over the keeper from outside the box, (topical celebration of roberto biaggio) finishing with a penalty, which the lads let me take, on arrival back at camp i was informed that as the trinidad fa had forced the game through, it was according to fifa rules, legit, and so i now have a international hatrick to be very proud off

Best goal ever? Five-a-side cage game, received the ball on my chest, dropped to my knee, felt the defender rushing up behind me and chipped it backwards over my head, spun, he went straight past, hit it on the volley straight into the far corner. Like Gazza's goal, but better. True story, I swear it.

Also got battered into the concrete edges from behind at full pelt in the same game. Fractured my rib, but didn't realise it till the next day - finished the game. Still, if you're gonna play like Pele, expect to be kicked, I suppose.

Also, warming up once, chipping the ball between me and another lad while I lived in France, got the urge to shoot at goal. I was on the halfway line at the very edge of the pitch. Caught it on my knee and WALLOPED it. Made a massive 'CLANNNNNNGG' off the crossbar as I hit it.

"C'était jolie, ca," said my French chum. I was an utter disgrace in the match, mind.

Friendly game in Malmo 2 years back. I'm playing in the midfield, ball gets cleared to the half-way line, where I am stood directly in its flight as it is dropping. I bring it down on the chest, and spot that the keeper seems a long way off his line, without really thinking, I hit the ball immediately back from whence it came. From the moment it left my foot I knew it was going in. Very nice feeling that.

The best I can remember was a game at high school where I knocked the ball up with my knee after getting it just outside the area, then volleyed it and it dipped then went in off the crossbar. I love volleys where they dip and just manage to make it in, and with it going in off the crossbar it was as good as it got. Saying that though I always loved top corners, was fucking obsessed with them and curling it in, so there was probably at least on where it curled into the top corner that I can't remember.

I am the master of the lobbed goal as Unrighteous who is 6ft3 and atk who is about the same will testify. I lobbed them both within the space of a week at TLW footie a while back.

The atk one was a thing of beauty. I was 30 yards away from goal (a five a side one at that) and the ball bounced to the side of my left foot (of which I am left-footed and proud of it) so I tried this outside of the boot flick which had the power from 30 yards to loop over atk then hit the underside of the bar and went in. The fact it was atk in goal made it all the sweeter. I had Ted and Monty running after me in awe at what they had just seen.