You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

Heard a story that Bruce Lee was making enter the dragon and apparently was flirting / and / or shagging the directors wife. The director called one of the characters Mr Braithwaite cos Bruce couldn't pronounce his 'R's. Thought that was quite funny if true.

Heard a story that Bruce Lee was making enter the dragon and apparently was flirting / and / or shagging the directors wife. The director called one of the characters Mr Braithwaite cos Bruce couldn't pronounce his 'R's. Thought that was quite funny if true.

Never heard that and he never put anything in the biography he wrote about Bruce Lee either

He was supposedly having an affair though as the brain hemorrhage happened at Betty Ting Pei Hong Kong apartment while he slept before he was due to have dinner with her and Raymond Chow

Has any actor been in so few films made such a impact.

He only really stared in the Green Hornet tv show. The big boss,way of the dragon,fists of fury and enter the dragon. Game of death is mostly stunt doubles and cutting of old shoots other than the Pogada fight scenes at the end

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Just moved my pecs for the first time in my life by twitching the muscle under the moob. I'm so happy I could cry

I read that in my head using a Peter Griffin voice. 

Never heard that and he never put anything in the biography he wrote about Bruce Lee either

He was supposedly having an affair though as the brain hemorrhage happened at Betty Ting Pei Hong Kong apartment while he slept before he was due to have dinner with her and Raymond Chow

Has any actor been in so few films made such a impact.

He only really stared in the Green Hornet tv show. The big boss,way of the dragon,fists of fury and enter the dragon. Game of death is mostly stunt doubles and cutting of old shoots other than the Pogada fight scenes at the end

Very true.

Funny as fuck this.

10qe3jb.jpg

Today I woke up to a message from my fitness app telling me I had reached a new low, initially I thought it had somehow managed to discover I've been snacking from the bag of dried fruit in the cupboard. 

But no, I've managed to hit 189lbs which for my height (6'2") is great news for me.

I've done this without becoming a crushing food bore, without having to give up anything I enjoy and without any pills or powders. 

I did it with some cardio and alternate day fasting. You may have heard of the 5-2 fast in which you eat your normal dietary requirement (TDEE) on five days and no more than 600 calories on your fast days. Well I did this for nearly a year and I did find that it kept me at the same weight but as I wanted to lose weight I decided to go a step further.

Now apparently Dr Moseley the 'creator' of the 5-2 intermittent fast used all of the research for 'alternate day fasting' for his book on the 5-2. He tried ADF but just couldn't do it so went with something easier and that worked for him.

I did my research of ADF and having been used to 5-2 found it easy to transfer over to it. That might be the key, I think going ADF from nothing could be very difficult for some. I take decent vitamins and minerals and I make sure I get enough veggies. I won't give up my two cups of fresh coffee each day with milk and I do go a little mad on the weekend day that I can eat normally but other than that it's pretty normal eating on the food days. Obviously I drink a lot of water and because of this I decided to go with one of those filter jugs, it just tastes better. 

I'm not finished yet though, I have a little further to go and then I'm going to start some strength/resistance training and the correct dietary requirements to achieve that. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I've been doing this dumbbell workout in the gym for a month after a stop-start beginning and am starting to see the benefits. http://www.building-muscle101.com/dumbbell-workout-routine.html

My posture has improved, my arms and shoulders are getting some definition instead of the PC worker hunch and underneath my beer gut is firm causing it to jiggle less thus giving the impression of a tight stomach. 

Trying to do a lot of core work as my ultimate aim is to be able to do a single pull up.  Just one and I'll cry with happiness like the first time I was able to independently, and deliberately move my pecs

• Upvote 2

I've been doing this dumbbell workout in the gym for a month after a stop-start beginning and am starting to see the benefits. http://www.building-muscle101.com/dumbbell-workout-routine.html

My posture has improved, my arms and shoulders are getting some definition instead of the PC worker hunch and underneath my beer gut is firm causing it to jiggle less thus giving the impression of a tight stomach. 

Trying to do a lot of core work as my ultimate aim is to be able to do a single pull up.  Just one and I'll cry with happiness like the first time I was able to independently, and deliberately move my pecs

Thanks for sharing your SICK GAINS and that dumbbell programme. Looks decent.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing your SICK GAINS and that dumbbell programme. Looks decent.

No Pains No Gains

My nephew is a wanna be male fitness champion (keep telling him he should be out shagging birds at 17 but what can an uncle do?) and did a programme for me 5 days a week hours at a time.  No chance I can do that with my family and life.  This one I can batter out in half an hour and be at home.  I usually get to the gym for 5:30 and then do the crunches at home so it's a perfect little routine for me.

• 2 weeks later...