You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The fragrant Mrs J cooks the Sunday lunch, but I do the gravy. It's a man's job.

She is responsible for the little things that make a house tick, like ironing, cooking, cleaning and shopping. I rugby tackle burglars, fix engines and make gravy. They're the man's responsibilities.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good gravy is one of the finest things in the world.

The first time i ever went into my local chippie, which is southern and shite, i asked them for fish, chips and gravy, as you do, and they got out a kettle and a tub of fucking bisto and proceeded to mix it up.

I was too shocked to say anything..fucking heathens

Guest ShoePiss

Yeah I wouldn't want gravy anywhere near fish either, mushy peas of course work well with fish but not gravy. I'm hoping it was served up in one of those containers with two sections; fish with chips and gravy, benefit of the doubt here.

The fragrant Mrs J cooks the Sunday lunch, but I do the gravy. It's a man's job.

She is responsible for the little things that make a house tick, like ironing, cooking, cleaning and shopping. I rugby tackle burglars, fix engines and make gravy. They're the man's responsibilities.

I have a lovely picture of you at the cooker in one of those tie round the middle pinnies a la Freddie Mercury (meant with love!)

Gravy goes on your chips, not on the fish. Chips rice and gravy, pretty much my school dinner for years.

On the subject of chippies, why is it only Liverpool chip shops (and tanhouse chippy in skem) that know how to make a decent fish cake? (savoury for you wools)

They don't even make them down here, wrong 'uns. We do get gravy though, and chip shop or Chinese curry.

Gravy goes on your chips' date=' not on the fish. Chips rice and gravy, pretty much my school dinner for years.

On the subject of chippies, why is it only Liverpool chip shops (and tanhouse chippy in skem) that know how to make a decent fish cake? (savoury for you wools)

They don't even make them down here, wrong 'uns. We do get gravy though, and chip shop or Chinese curry.[/quote']

And how do you keep the gravy off the fish?

It's bound to go on your fish Mels.

Sorry but I'd have to shoot you in the face.

It wouldn't, at worst it would get on the batter. Besides, i'd still have tomato sauce on it, even with the gravy.

That's got 'Fail' written all over it.

Only for a caveman.

Rice and gravy?

That is wrong on many levels.

Snob

Fail

P1100425.jpg

Processed peas? Disgusting!

So is rice & chips for that matter.

It was 85p, chips and gravy was a quid, this way i had enough change for a carton of juice.

Guest Pistonbroke

Rich dark brown gravy with a bit of mustard and a drop of JB or JD in it, fucking lovely.

Do they still do battered hamburgers/sausages in the UK? Used to love them with chips instead of fish.

Anyone who puts a meat based sauce on fish should be arrested and publicly shot in the face.

Oh, Lurtzey, i'm very disappointed in your lack of taste and culinary shortcomings.

Obviously, i wouldn't go into a decent fish restaurant and have a cracking piece of fish with gravy. It'd be barbaric.. but fish, chips & gravy from a decent chippy with lashings of salt & vinegar is a thing of beauty and a joy to behold.

It's only your championing of the delectable Miss Khoo which is preventing me from delivering a just negging

Shakes head

When I was a lad... Mayo and chips (or cheesy chips) wasn't even heard of' date=' let alone available.

There really should be a worldwide ban on food exports from America. They peaked with the potato.

Leave it to the experts... Asia, Italy, France and Greece.[/quote']

Mayo and fries is a dish from Belgium not the US.

Guest ShoePiss
This is something I have been meaning to try for a while.I need a recipes though for type of gravy/cheese etc

Getting your hands on fresh cheese curds will be your main problem I imagine although if there's a cheese factory close by that has a factory shop they might sell them. The gravy varies a lot from what I've seen, just make your favourite.

Getting your hands on fresh cheese curds will be your main problem I imagine although if there's a cheese factory close by that has a factory shop they might sell them. The gravy varies a lot from what I've seen' date=' just make your favourite.[/quote']

I have a couple of recipes for making cheese at home,I'll have a read up and see if I can do it.