You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather vs Marquez

Byrnie

Looking forward to this been watching the 24/7s the whole way through,good build-up.

Here they are for anyone who's interested.

http://www.arkhilario.com/2009/09/18/mayweather-marquez-24-7-episode-4/

This fight was scheduled to be at a catch weight of 144 pounds.Mayweather weighed in at 146 and Marquez at 142.

Apparently they changed the contracts at the last minute so it could go ahead with Mayweather having to pay $300,000 for every pound he was over.

I think it's a joke as he is naturally the bigger man and its Marquez' first fight above 135,which to my knowledge he only fought at twice stopping Joel Casamayor and Juan Diaz.So Mayweather could be around 10 pounds heavier than him in the ring.

Still the reason Mayweather is over limit might be due to a very distracting training camp.Since camp started he has been questioned and had his house raided over a shooting incident.Supposedly had the IRS threatening to repossess his house over millions of unpaid taxes.He got sued for missing payments on one of his cars.His trainer and uncle Roger has a serious assault charge on his head and his dad Floyd snr is back in his camp which is bound to end in tears.

With all of that going on Mayweather might have had trouble focusing on making weight,or he could have pulled a stunt as he knew the fight wouldn't be cancelled.

Still Marquez is a tough cookie,he can take big shots and can climb from the canvas (as he showed against Pacquiao getting back up from 3 first round knock-downs to claim a draw).

He also tends to only really get going in the middle rounds,he is also a very effective counter puncher and has one of the best jabs in the business today.

I'm going for Mayweather on points or a round 10-12 stoppage.I think ge weight and speed advantage will be too much.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic