You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1.5 mil

ElSeano

He doesn't have to state it as a criticism, just a fact. When asked about speculation of say signing Turner for £10m, he just needs to say "That won't be happening. He is way outside my budget at the moment".

He needs to say it though, one way or another.

You can guarantee the reason Purslow or whatever was there was to keep him in line, and control him.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piss off. The bottom line is that you don't get Steak on a Corned Beef budget and that is what Rafa has had for far too long. And every season YOU criticise him for not producing Steak with some of the most contrary, agenda driven nonsensical arguments I've ever seen.

It's integrity and honesty you want is it? These two cunts have syphoned something like 200m out of the club and lied since they've been here and you are still having a pop at Rafa?

Hermes coaching people on integrity? The gaul of the fella.

He's spent more since they came than in the equivalent time period before.

He has also earned about 3 times the amount. Do you think that other clubs just stand still waiting for us to catch up?

The year before Rafa arrived Chelsea spent more than any team in the World, as they did in the 2 seasons after he arrived. Even in their belt tightening days, they outspend us every season and are backed by bottomless pits that allow them to be in a position to go out and buy any player if the need arises.

United are also in a position, or at least have been for the last 4 seasons to go out and lash up 30m on a single player if the need arises. Now we have City who are in a position to spend at will on whomever they can attract whenever they want to.

This doesn't even take into account the fact that the relative starting positions of Arsenal, Chelsea and United were far in advance of ours when Rafa took over thanks to legacy of your best pal Houlliers profligacy and poor judgement, and all 3 have strengthened to the tune of millions and millions since he has been here.

Every penny Rafa has spent since he has been here has been money that he has brought into the club and now he isn't even being allowed to spend the money he recoups, nevermind the money he has earned because of a pair of lying cunts who you publically supported when he criticised them....and you are STILL boring us all with your agenda driven arse-piss. Have a day off lad, you are making a show of yourself on an a far too regular basis. The problem at Liverpool Football Club isn't Rafa's transparency, it's the fact that he is hamstrung by a pair of asset stripping liars who don't care a fuck about ambition...and yet people like you expect him to be quiet a be a good little boy when it suits you and then do the very thing you have criticised him for when it suits.

Give your head a shake Hermes lad, you are sounding repetitve and stupid. Of course he has spent money, the game is more awash with more TV money than it has ever been and yet he is under more financial constraints than any manager at any top club despite bringing home the bacon each season with a squad that needed major surgery and yet he is still to blame? The CL rewards are greater now than ever and he has performed in the CL and now he cant even spend what he has earned.... Behave. Your arguments don't hold any water.

You can guarantee the reason Purslow or whatever was there was to keep him in line, and control him.

You can guarantee that Purslow being there had fuck all to do with keeping him in line. Its a press conference, if they want to keep him in line you stick a run of mill press officer in there, or do you seriously think Purslow is going to sit in on every press conference?

if this is the case then rafa should never have signed his new contract, he should have walked when he had the chance, it would have been the best thing he could have done for the long term financial future of this club, at the point of signing his new contract he was in the strongest position he had ever been in, the full support of most fans and having won his battle with the yanks for the time being, there would have been no greater rallying call to the fans than rafa calling a press conference and saying something like 'while the yanks remain at the club the future of the club is in serious doubt' unfortuntely no one in a high position of power or authority or respect at the club has come out and properly aimed a shit storm at the yanks, in fact its gone the other way, they have got the manager to sign onto their doomed project of staying in the champions league place for the next few years to bide them time, they aren't arsed about the ambition of winning the prem when being in the top four is enough without overspending to compete for the title, they bring kenny on board to shut the fans up, they take money out of the club and make sure they pay for the refinance.....their plan is working excellently at the moment...for themselves.

In a way I am having trouble having sympathy with rafa over limited transfer spending,you lie with dogs and you get fleas, he knew what the yanks were, they tried sacking him behind his back, he should have walked and let us deal with the yanks, the momentum his departure would have caused may just have gotten the yanks out instead he signed on knowing they were lying cheating scumbags and it means we'll all have to watch the decline of our club, the doomed scenerio of selling key players to pay for their debt and refinance is already here, alonso has left, masc will defo be off next season and then after that who knows? torres....well I wouldn't blame him and rafa can always get another job, but we can't get another club.

This club is more important than anyone including the manager and especially the fucking yank scum.

You can guarantee that Purslow being there had fuck all to do with keeping him in line. Its a press conference, if they want to keep him in line you stick a run of mill press officer in there, or do you seriously think Purslow is going to sit in on every press conference?

If Rafa started kicking off Purslow could easily damage control better than some no mark press officer.

Batchainpuller - if all else fails then yes, I've almost got to the point where I agree a hit job should be arranged (yes they ARE that bad!!) or should we be another Leeds and sit there while we burn? I doubt it'll get THAT far though - I think IF we apply pressure as we did up until the Aston Villa game in January 2008 - I.e. public protests, TONS of TV coverage and LOTS of public speeches against the b*stards.

They'll go, they'll have to - they no longer have the money to sit there, do nothing and make money from us without our fans getting mad about it and there's NO way they'll refuse a decent offer to buy THIS time as it's about ALL they'll get out of us since they clearly can't fund us. No they're finished and the endgame approaches. It's up to us to provoke the coup de grace though. If Corinthians in Brazil can do it, why not us?.........................

what did corinthians do?

apart from get relegated and go bankrupt

You brought up the money, again. As you always do, but then kick off when the facts are presented.

I'm just pointing out the flaws in all of your repetitive incorrect arguments AGAIN. I can dig up other threads where you were handed your arse and did your usual retreat into your foxhole for a couple of weeks if you like.

I'm just pointing out the flaws in all of your repetitive incorrect arguments AGAIN. I can dig up other threads where you were handed your arse and did your usual retreat into your foxhole for a couple of weeks if you like.

I'm not sure everybody else is interested in your obsession.

This news is proper depressing. It's even worse seeing Liverpool fans defending the yanks and blaming Rafa on top of it.

If we can't spend any money this summer, third is a very realistic proposition. That's fucked after the season we just had.

Really is fucking deppressing.

While I agree, this has been said for the past 18 months. People get outraged when these stories come out, or when we lose a few matches, then it fades again.

If the credit crunch couldn't get the cunts out, how can the fans?

Its a business and like any other is vulnerable to reputational damage - much bigger outfits than these two chancers have been severely damaged as a result of public campaigns. As you say though then problem is maintaining a sustained campaign - naturally we all get distracted by the football.

They are only interested in the bottom line so anything that fans can do that potentially affects the value of the "brand" and g & h's other business interests can have an effect.

Its a business and like any other is vulnerable to reputational damage - much bigger outfits than these two chancers have been severely damaged as a result of public campaigns. As you say though then problem is maintaining a sustained campaign - naturally we all get distracted by the football.

They are only interested in the bottom line so anything that fans can do that potentially affects the value of the "brand" and g & h's other business interests can have an effect.

Direct action is the only hope we have. I am sick to the back fucking teeth of my own apathy regarding this. It's time to make a proper fucking stand. I don't know how, right now, but to sit back and do nothing is a form of moral cowardice that I will struggle with if I can continue to do little.

I'd be surprised if we only had £1.5M left in the pot, but either way, as I said the other day, if we don't spend about £20M in the next couple of weeks serious action needs to be taken about these owners.

It's a shocking situation for us to find ourselves in.

Your 2nd paragraph is pretty much the answer to your first one. You said a successfull business should get rewarded - yes, but if they view us a pure business, the success should only reward the share holders. In our case, the lovely George and Tom.

Maybe - noone objects to them making a return on their investment (given the nature of the world we live in: even Moores made a lot of money from liverpool, including on loans as well as his 88m pieces of silver) but a successful business is about more than short-term asset-stripping. They are asset-strippers, not businessmen. They realised 18 months ago they wouldn't get the price for the club they wanted in this changed economic world, so i think they have resorted to Plan B, which is to strip the club of all assets and then sell up at any price once they have extracted the value they want. They're not interested in the long-term viability of the club.

We will be the next Portsmouth if we are not very careful. From an FA Cup win to certs for relegation. Because of asset stripping.

There IS an answer. we need to start petitioning the FA and UEFA to have them declared unfit owners and barred from owning the club...

Time to turn the pressure up on those two cunts now. SOS will never have a better opportunity. The vast majority of our fans will hear about this, it needs to be acted on.

Maybe, but they need to change tactics and start getting the FA and UEFA involved. And there's no way that SOS have the nous and experience to do this alone.

Either that or it's time for a mass boycott. Sod the line that 'the team will get affected'. We either suffer a slow death of our club over a number of years, or we take drastic action NOW to try and reclaim our club, even if that means starting from scratch.

Personally, IF they don't come up with the money in the next 2 weeks, i think Rafa should walk - he's not doing himself any favours by staying, and he serves only to legitimise the regime.