You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Uni in September

Antynwa

Mate, nothing to be scared of. But I'd recommend getting your own place asap if you can. I was going to stay local and go to JMU, like a few of my mates did, but decided to move away. Bit dodgy at first but as soon as I settled I knew it was the best decision I'd ever made. Living the fuckin life of riley, on the piss whenever, playing footy, living with a few top lads who I met up there (who are all Merseysiders and Reds), and last year I had about 6hours of lectures A WEEK. A few of my mates who stayed local and went to JMU got student digs in town and it'sthe same for them, they love it. But I don't think my others mates who have stayed at home have got the full experience. It's more like just going to college IMO, instead of the full life experience and independence that your own gaff brings. Good luck though mate, you'll be sound.

Mate, nothing to be scared of. But I'd recommend getting your own place asap if you can. I was going to stay local and go to JMU, like a few of my mates did, but decided to move away. Bit dodgy at first but as soon as I settled I knew it was the best decision I'd ever made. Living the fuckin life of riley, on the piss whenever, playing footy, living with a few top lads who I met up there (who are all Merseysiders and Reds), and last year I had about 6hours of lectures A WEEK. A few of my mates who stayed local and went to JMU got student digs in town and it'sthe same for them, they love it. But I don't think my others mates who have stayed at home have got the full experience. It's more like just going to college IMO, instead of the full life experience and independence that your own gaff brings. Good luck though mate, you'll be sound.

Nice one, It's just scary, in a few weeks I'll be something like 4 grand in debt and whatever.

Interesting times.

Often wondered if I should have moved away to Uni, but in hindsight I never really liked student culture, so don't think I'd have enjoyed it. Went into our student union bar twice in four years, witnessed some jolly japes from the rugby lads pouring beer over their own heads, had a game of pool, and got ghost.

Nice bud on tap though.

Im going into my final year in September. i remember being scared too...for about a week but everyone else is in the same boat as you. I agree with Randy_Marsh in that to get the full experience out of uni ( independence, freedom and space to yourself taking birds back and not having to shag them quietly in the back kitchen, all the perks come from living in your own place)

Yeah you'll be bunged in with people you dont know but that's part of the fun. I wouldnt worry too much about the debt either, it wont really affect you untill you graduate (or drop out in which case youre fucked...sure you wont though!) and then you'll be paying it back in affordable chunks.

If ive got any advice to give to someone just starting uni it's to talk to anyone and everyone in your first week...just walk up to people and be chatty and friendly...especially the Fit birds!! Chances are there's alot of people comin from outside of liverpool and the more people you get to know in the first week the better it will be for you as the year goes on!

Enjoy it!!

If ive got any advice to give to someone just starting uni it's to talk to anyone and everyone in your first week...just walk up to people and be chatty and friendly...especially the Fit birds!! Chances are there's alot of people comin from outside of liverpool and the more people you get to know in the first week the better it will be for you as the year goes on!

Definitely.

Im going into my final year in September. i remember being scared too...for about a week but everyone else is in the same boat as you. I agree with Randy_Marsh in that to get the full experience out of uni ( independence, freedom and space to yourself taking birds back and not having to shag them quietly in the back kitchen, all the perks come from living in your own place)

Yeah you'll be bunged in with people you dont know but that's part of the fun. I wouldnt worry too much about the debt either, it wont really affect you untill you graduate (or drop out in which case youre fucked...sure you wont though!) and then you'll be paying it back in affordable chunks.

Enjoy it!!

Good post mate, welcome to the site.

You're right about the fanny situation. There are loads of filthy slags gagging for some if you look hard enough, first few weeks especially. The amount of plug headed lads I see walking around with fit birds is astounding, and it's probably because the poor cow will speak to anyone as she doesn't know any fucker. I'm going on a huge fanny push this freshers week, concentrating on the young and impressionable fresher birds. And having your own place means you don't have to operate a covert SAS mission to smuggle the bird in, do the deed on the couch in the backroom, then evacuate her out again with taxi fair and the convincing you have to do that you do actually like her and were'nt just after her snatch and will deffo text her, and all this before the family wake up.

Good post mate, welcome to the site.

You're right about the fanny situation. There are loads of filthy slags gagging for some if you look hard enough, first few weeks especially. The amount of plug headed lads I see walking around with fit birds is astounding, and it's probably because the poor cow will speak to anyone as she doesn't know any fucker. I'm going on a huge fanny push this freshers week, concentrating on the young and impressionable fresher birds. And having your own place means you don't have to operate a covert SAS mission to smuggle the bird in, do the deed on the couch in the backroom, then evacuate her out again with taxi fair and the convincing you have to do that you do actually like her and were'nt just after her snatch and will deffo text her, and all this before the family wake up.

I think i might be you. pretty much hit the nail on the head there mate haha. Although i tend to go for the back kitchen rather than the couch. leather setee squeaks like fuck.

On another note though, yeah, thanks for the welcoming.

Im goin to JMU in september and im coming across from Ireland. I agree about the whole be talkative and chat to randomers bit.

Any other advice lads???/ because upon reading this thread its just proper kicked in im going to Liverpool and im startin to shit it a wee bit

Im goin to JMU in september and im coming across from Ireland. I agree about the whole be talkative and chat to randomers bit.

Any other advice lads???/ because upon reading this thread its just proper kicked in im going to Liverpool and im startin to shit it a wee bit

If you see wandering about talking to people apparently randomly, looking slightly scared and apprehensive, kick his fucking head in.

Anyone else starting Uni this year?

Personally I'm scared shitless of it.

Yeah, alright, don't rub it in. Bastard.

(It's the time of your fucking life, Ant, and scary for about one day, till you get to know your new neighbours, get pished up, and fall asleep all over each other. Enjoy it to the maximum - I'm sure you will.)

(Almost all my best mates now - I'm 33 - are mates I met at uni, where I started in 1995, when you must have been... about four or five years old. Oh dear.)