You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The thing is if he has gone for 80 any one they go after will have their price hyper inflated. We are going to have to wait until everyone has done their business i think.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get a couple of players in like valencia and a rb and then buy back some debt.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking Great News!!!

United could buy 3 £20m plays with that money and I bet they'd still wouldn't get the same return as they get from Ronaldo.

Plus, losing Tevez as well. I don't know the exact figures but they must be losing about 50 goals a season here. Thats two massive losses for them.

Good.

Fucking Great News!!!

United could buy 3 £20m plays with that money and I bet they'd still wouldn't get the same return as they get from Ronaldo.

Plus, losing Tevez as well. I don't know the exact figures but they must be losing about 50 goals a season here. Thats two massive losses for them.

Good.

Maths wasn't your favourite subject. Am i right?

This closed season has the hallmarks of the summer of 2006, we got closer and then the other teams just strode ahead, 'flexing' their financial muscle. I think United will be a much stronger team for this, less reliant on Ronaldo because they will be able to strengthen around the pitch.

This closed season has the hallmarks of the summer of 2006, we got closer and then the other teams just strode ahead, 'flexing' their financial muscle. I think United will be a much stronger team for this, less reliant on Ronaldo because they will be able to strengthen around the pitch.

I think that is a risk, but as with all signings, there is also a risk that you won't get what you hoped for. Berbatov, Nani and Anderson cost 67m combined and they have got nowhere near value for money for that. Add owen hargreaves to that and you go past the 80m mark easily. It is a load of cash, but you will also see teams demanding top dollar for their players.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Shortly afterwards:

MOYES: "MEDICAL STOPPED RONALDO'S EVERTON DREAM MOVE"

Everton manager David Moyes has today claimed that Everton had tried to sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United but the player failed a medical after the clubs had agreed a fee.

"The Ronaldo signing were to be the third in an exodus from the Champion club to Everton' date=' started by Phil Neville and Louis Saha, but after founding out about Ronaldo's medical situation the move was deemed a to big risk", Moyes explained.

Everton will now move their attention towards Swedish starlet Zlatan Ibrahimovic, in order to overcome their Merseyside neighbours next season.

"It is true that we're monitoring the situation around Zlatan closely", said Moyes.[/quote']

50m for Silva? Are you sure about that?

That's what Valencia have put on his head.

For people saying that they need to find one player that can get the 30+ goals etc, What's to say he can't get 2?

He hasn't bought anyone yet, and he gets about £20M a season, so what's to say he can't prise Eto'o and Messi away with a £100M bid? Then Berbatov's on the bench and there's the goals that Ronaldo makes up for you there.

More from auntie beeb:

Man Utd accept £80m Ronaldo bid

Manchester United have accepted a world record offer of £80m from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

"United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player," said a statement from the English club.

It added that the decision came at Ronaldo's request after he "again expressed his desire to leave".

United described the offer for the 24-year-old as unconditional and added that they expected the matter to be concluded by 30 June.

Madrid signed Brazilian Kaka for a reported £56m earlier in the week, surpassing the previous world record fee of £45.6m Real paid for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

That deal was sealed by the ambition of returning Real president Florentino Perez, who previously led the Spanish club from 2000 to 2006 - during the famous galacticos era.

And Perez had earlier made it clear that he would do "everything possible" to sign Ronaldo.

Madrid have also been linked with Liverpool's Xabi Alonso, Valencia's David Villa and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery since Perez's unopposed election signalled the return of their vast spending.

Ronaldo, who joined United in 2003 from Sporting Lisbon for £12.2m, was strongly linked with a move to the Spanish capital last summer.

United lodged a complaint to world governing body Fifa last June over what they believed was a deliberate attempt by Real to unsettle the winger.

After a long drawn out sage the Portugal international remained at United for the 2008-09 season, but the speculation soured relations between the clubs.

And last December United manager Sir Alex Ferguson said that he would not "sell that mob a virus".

More to follow.

Put it this way, if someone accepted £80M for Gerrard I'd be more worried about losing Gerrard, than pleased we had loads of money to buy replacements.

I bet that's what they thought when Rush went to Juventus.

We got it right. It doesn't make it any less of a risk.

Our biggest rivals losing their best player HAS to be good news. There are no guarantees that anyone they buy will be an effective replacement.

Nobody can effectively replace him, but if they replace their 3 worst first teamers with 3 top class players they will have a better team. Put it this way, I'd have snapped the hand off anybody offering £80m for any of our players and so would Rafa.