You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much sangria?

Just truly fucked of with people taking absolute bollocks, we paid that amount never mind what we where owed and will pay over the next couple of years.

Johnson cost us 17 million end of story. Too much probably but if we wanted him and had to pay the price.

I just hate the way some try to dicky it up to suit what they want to believe.

so far we have spent £4m on Johnson and received £7m in sales (Crouch) which we have also spent on Johnson

with £3m coming in for Gonzales we should have about £19m left imo

Johnson cost more than £11M. Even if we factor in the likelihood that part of the fee will be based on appearances and trophies won, I would be very surprised if that accounted for more than £3M or the £18M fee. My best guess is the deal will 15+3 add ons (and obviously the outstanding balance on Crouch reduces the 15).

I'm not sure we have a definitive word on the £20M + sales either. Lots of people seem to think it is about this, but ask a question like 'Is the Robbie Keane money on top of this too?' and the answers come back varied.

In short, we really don't know what we have. I suspect we have enough for one more signing (as per what Rafa said). I hope that means we have enough for a good signing, such as Silva. Then if we have to do a sale or two we don't want to (Xabi and/or Masch) then spending will go up accordingly.

My best guess on the window's activity:

Johnson and Silva in.

Xabi sold. (This likely leads to Negredo plus cash coming in, and I'm not sure who Rafa will sign for the midfield).

Mascherano stays on a new contact.

We have paid them 17, they have paid us 6. (or whatever the figures are)

The money from Portsmouth goes to settling their debt, not necessarily to bumping up the transfer kitty.

Do we know for definite that Portsmouth have actually paid off their debt?

We have paid 17m for Johnson end of fucken story. Not minus this, or that, 17 fucken million.

Agree completely, they owed us that money for Crouch regardless. Johnson cost the full amount paid, it's not as if they let us off any money for him.

Agree completely, they owed us that money for Crouch regardless. Johnson cost the full amount paid, it's not as if they let us off any money for him.

Exactly.

If we lived by some peoples logic we would be another Leeds in no time.

Well there's half a page of Johnson put to bed, back to Xabi.

He's gonna wake up this morning, shave his beard thing off, look in the mirror and say "there you are! what the fuck have I been thinking? not off to that circus."

"rafa lad? that you? right I'm staying, can you do me a pay rise though to sort out what Gordon "prudent" fucking Brown has pinched from me?"

"wtf? I don't know, will have to see....."

"Ok, fuck it, I'm staying either way. Tell the TLW boys to unsticky that thread, it's over. Lets fuckin av it lad, bring on number 19."

Apparently we are now asking 47 million euros for Xabi. Given he is just about 28, that is frankly a ridiculous price and there is no way anyone would pay that, especially when rafa refuses to pay half of that for David Silva. As an aside, I have to say that if we were BUYING a player, and a club kept changing the asking price (ie Del Nido over Alves a few years ago) we would get rightly pi*sed off, so I don't think it's particularly good practice.

What I would like to know from all those who claimed to know Xabi's innermost thoughts (and who have gone remarkably quiet over the last few days) - how does Xabi feel now, especially if it is true that he "said his goodbyes" to the training staff?

Apparently we are now asking 47 million euros for Xabi. Given he is just about 28, that is frankly a ridiculous price and there is no way anyone would pay that, especially when rafa refuses to pay half of that for David Silva. As an aside, I have to say that if we were BUYING a player, and a club kept changing the asking price (ie Del Nido over Alves a few years ago) we would get rightly pi*sed off, so I don't think it's particularly good practice.

What I would like to know from all those who claimed to know Xabi's innermost thoughts (and who have gone remarkably quiet over the last few days) - how does Xabi feel now, especially if it is true that he "said his goodbyes" to the training staff?

If it has the desired effect it is a very good practice?

They want him, they pay our price, if it is too much then don't pay it! We do not exist for Real Madrid, we are not a shop. If Xabi really wants it, he can force the issue which is one of the reasons I think we are making it so hard. I have a feeling this will be a damp squib, he will stay and we will win the league and he will sign a new contract extension.

If the result is Xabi staying then it is very good practice indeed. Fuck real, they are a bunch of cunts and i can't for the life of me understand why, if it is true, Xabi would want to go to them.

I have a feeling this will be a damp squib, he will stay and we will win the league and he will sign a new contract extension.

I think he'll be off if he stays and we win the league next season to be honest. He might see it as job finally done then get off back home.

I was surprised to see that ATK hadn't voted in the poll either, thought he'd have chosen the 4th option. (mainly for the burn down RBS bit.)

If it has the desired effect it is a very good practice?

They want him, they pay our price, if it is too much then don't pay it! We do not exist for Real Madrid, we are not a shop. .

I'm not saying that at all - i'm just saying that no club should name a price, then keep raising it, which is what we have done. The transfer market would simply cease to exist if this happened across the board, and Rafa is quick to take the moral high ground when other clubs do this to him (ie Sevilla over Alves, Valencia over Silva, Villa over Barry).

I agree that I cannot see it happening, and that's why it's curious where all those loud and shrill voices adamant that he was leaving ("FACT"!) and that he would "never" play for Rafa again have rather melted away now....

I'm not saying that at all - i'm just saying that no club should name a price, then keep raising it, which is what we have done. The transfer market would simply cease to exist if this happened across the board, and Rafa is quick to take the moral high ground when other clubs do this to him (ie Sevilla over Alves, Valencia over Silva, Villa over Barry).

I agree that I cannot see it happening, and that's why it's curious where all those loud and shrill voices adamant that he was leaving ("FACT"!) and that he would "never" play for Rafa again have rather melted away now....

They have an agenda.

A whack Rafa over the head, agenda.

I think he'll be off if he stays and we win the league next season to be honest. He might see it as job finally done then get off back home.

I was surprised to see that ATK hadn't voted in the poll either, thought he'd have chosen the 4th option. (mainly for the burn down RBS bit.)

You may be right!

I think Mascherano will go next season! So we could end up looking for two next year anyhow, I think we definately need another centre mid anyhow.

But thats good isnt it ? This isnt an unflushable turd, this is Xabi Alonso. He's 3 years to go on his contract and if he wants to leave, then the new club are going to have to pay for him.

Going back to some of the stuff you posted last week, bout Xabi getting pissed off, that Madrid are splashing the cash on all the stars, but not on him reminds me of the whole Barry saga last season. Only this time Rafa is MON and Barry is Xabi.

Alonso still wants to Leave.

Rafa still wants him to stay because he fucked up by not landing barry to replace him, hence why he'll only now sell him for big big, big money.

As nice as it would be to see Alonso in a red shirt next season, it would be against his will, and I don't see that as a good thing at all.

There's also an alleged 20% sell-on clause to Alonso's former club, which is due to expire in a week or two. Once that is out of the way a deal will still most likely happen for around £30m.

Happy now?

Cheers.

As you were.

There's also an alleged 20% sell-on clause to Alonso's former club, which is due to expire in a week or two. Once that is out of the way a deal will still most likely happen for around £30m.

That's probably the crux of it all right.

I reckon Xabi would still do a fucking good job if was still here next season mind.