You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If 'it' did happen this season..........

ratcatcher

..........you know, number 19, do you think we'd get the credit we deserved or would we see stuff like filth 'threw title away \ had too many games to catch up after Japan' etc, or chavs were in 'disarray due to managerial changes \ concentrating on the CL this season'?

Who'd slag us off and who'd slag us off the most?

Whay would barclay, samuels et all write?

Finally, what comments do you reckon the 'people's' club manager would come out with?

..........you know, number 19, do you think we'd get the credit we deserved or would we see stuff like filth 'threw title away \ had too many games to catch up after Japan' etc, or chavs were in 'disarray due to managerial changes \ concentrating on the CL this season'?

Finally, what comments do you reckon the 'people's' club manager would come out with?

I'd be too drunk to care.

If it happened & with a few canny additions to the squad , I think we could be on the brink of a dynasty

I couldn't give a shit what the press, mancs or any of the various free masons who are meant to be constantly plotting our downfall think about us.

I never understand why anyone would get upset by another fan or what some fat, cockney prick has written in a paper just cos he's got a page to fill in a newspaper. Just watching the match and drawing your own opinions is the only way forward imo.

It doesn't matter who the team is, if they're succesful the media will find a way to be critical.

Arsenal won the league in 2004 and went unbeaten, but the media caned them for failing in europe and for failing in the league the following season. Chelsea got criticised for doing nothing in europe and for having an awful style of play. Man Utd have been criticised for winning things when there isn't enough competition to make it difficult for them.

It's just the way it works. And I would be happy to hear whatever they can throw at us.

Guest The Chimp

I think if we do win it, that there'll be some deserved praise for the manager and team, but I think concomitantly, there will certainly be a number of hacks settiling a few personal scores with Ginsoak as well.

I'm not convinced the lucky argument would wash given the shite behind the scenes at Liverpool, but then again I've also learnt never to understimate just how stupid people can sometimes be. As such the only approach is that suggested by the 5th Benitel.

I think the majority will (IF it happens) give us all the praise we deserve. There will probably be more column inches written about us than any other title win because of how long its been. There will be a lot of columns dedicated to the fall of taggart. The press (apart from the obviously biased ones) WANT us to win this.

i couldn't give a fuck what they would say if it happens,im 24 years old and apart from istanbul ive never felt such emotion from one of our goals before as i did yesterday.

so if we were to win it i'd get that pissed by the time it would take for me to get sober next season would already have started.

I'll be gutted, but it will soon turn to perspective with the knowledge that we've shown genuine progression domestically. That's all we've been asking for.

But...there's many twists and turns to come in the league, and plenty still to play for in Europe, so lets stay focused and positive and take each game as it comes. Apologises for cliche overload.

You've got to look at it this way

The best team in the league is the best team over a 38 game spell. However we have to remember, if we do win the league that it would be because United cocked it up in a style no other team has done for years.

But I won't care

...Fuck now I'm jinxing the mother fucker

It's got to happen first.

Yep.*

*But when it does, there will be no arguing with going from fourth to league and European champions in one season.

You've got to look at it this way

The best team in the league is the best team over a 38 game spell. However we have to remember, if we do win the league that it would be because United cocked it up in a style no other team has done for years.

You are totally underestimating the effect our in win in OT has had. We demolished them in their own back yeard. Thats not down to them fucking up.

No way would we get the credit we deserve.

The Bitters & Mancs will be saying it was luck and as you said, "They had too many games to catch up after Japan"

Whole point of football, you want to win as many trophies as you can, so it shouldn't be an excuse.