You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good to see Yanis speaking, but fairly maddening watching that. Dimblebot mentioned that he couldn't gag Clarke either as he was rambling, he could've at least tried though.

It's a really fucking shit format that essentially prevents any meaningful debate, or even decent single answers (such is the utter stupidity of most of the audience's questions). Deliberately so, probably. 

It doesn't help that on tonight's show, for example, only one of the panellists knows anything about Economics. So there is one fairly fucking enormous topic that can't be discussed.

Didn't see the point of Ken being on the program with Julia representing the Tory party. Although he was admittedly excellent at time wasting.

It's a really fucking shit format that essentially prevents any meaningful debate, or even decent single answers (such is the utter stupidity of most of the audience's questions). Deliberately so, probably. 

Have been thinking the same thing since Galloway got a ton of shit thrown at him about Israel/anti-Semitism a while back. It seems like it's almost designed to move on from anything other than basically the media narrative, with a few other views thrown in here and there, until someone distracts again.

I actually thought Yanis mentioned something about not invading countries in the first place, but it was as someone from the crowd was speaking/about to start, so it didn't really go anywhere. I think he's right with the class war comment though, absolutely, and good that he at least got that in.

• Upvote 1

Have been thinking the same thing since Galloway got a ton of shit thrown at him about Israel/anti-Semitism a while back. It seems like it's almost designed to move on from anything other than basically the media narrative, with a few other views thrown in here and there, until someone distracts again.

I actually thought Yanis mentioned something about not invading countries in the first place, but it was as someone from the crowd was speaking/about to start, so it didn't really go anywhere. I think he's right with the class war comment though, absolutely, and good that he at least got that in.

That Galloway episode was a complete stitch up. They invited him on to the show in the place with the biggest Jewish community in Britain, then allowed those 3/4 teenage bellends in the audience to essentially spend the entire show shouting abuse at him. 

Be interesting to see Charlotte Church on next week. She's significantly more clued up that I had imagined. 

To be effective on the show you basically have to think of three or four hard hitting statements and then just shoe horn them in to slightly relevant questions.

Could really do with a decent alternative to this program. Would probably need crowd funding though and, initially anyway, just being on the net.

That Galloway episode was a complete stitch up. They invited him on to the show in the place with the biggest Jewish community in Britain, then allowed those 3/4 teenage bellends in the audience to essentially spend the entire show shouting abuse at him. 

Be interesting to see Charlotte Church on next week. She's significantly more clued up that I had imagined. 

To be effective on the show you basically have to think of three or four hard hitting statements and then just shoe horn them in to slightly relevant questions.

Could really do with a decent alternative to this program. Would probably need crowd funding though and, initially anyway, just being on the net.

Bumblebee announced her as 'The 'left-wing' singer Charlotte Church'. The fascist bastard!

Yeah it was a fucking joke the Galloway one, how they thought that was acceptable I have no idea. Charlotte Church will probably be good on there too, she seems to speak her mind and won't accept a load of bullshit like many others would do.

Not getting the criticism of question time. I for one learnt something very worthwhile from that programme, its if I'm a bit skint and normally buy 3 beers if i cut down to 2 beers i will be less stint and all my problems will go away.. Now if we just apply that mantra to the whole British economy the country will be less skint, its apparently that simple, it must be because two people on the panel nodded in agreement.

Well done the idiot in audience for his enlightened wisdom and well done the BBC for making us all look a bunch of brain dead mongs in front of the Greek fella.

• Upvote 2

Not getting the criticism of question time. I for one learnt something very worthwhile from that programme, its if I'm a bit skint and normally buy 3 beers if i cut down to 2 beers i will be less stint and all my problems will go away.. Now if we just apply that mantra to the whole British economy the country will be less skint, its apparently that simple, it must be because two people on the panel nodded in agreement.

Well done the idiot in audience for his enlightened wisdom and well done the BBC for making us all look a bunch of brain dead mongs in front of the Greek fella.

That message from Thatcher really did get into the general consciousness didn't it? That household finances are comparable to the macro economics of the world’s 5th largest economy, I can certainly remember times where I deployed quantitative easing when I required extra funds to buy a frozen pizza.

It's indicative of the standard of education around economics and allowed the narrative of 'Labour spent all da money on public spending' to emerge combined with Liam Byrne's stupid fucking note. Instead of the reality which was the banks being bailed out to a huge extent by the taxpayer, which enabled the economy to continue functioning and not completely collapse.

Sometimes I wonder whether it’s even worth bothering to try and reach people via education or whether the left should just hit the public with non-stop moronic but catchy slogans like the right do, real lowest common denominator shite; They're all Tax avoiders, They hate the NHS, They want to shut your kids school, They fornicate with decapitated farmyard animals etc.

• Upvote 9