You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas is Useless

Red Nick

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the biggest fan of either, but they both did fine tonight. Dossena's done well in his last few games especially. Xabi was worse than Lucas tonight and cost us the goal with a terrible, terrible pass.

Agreed. Although Dossena was ordinary, he was a good couple of steps up from his past performances. Still no way near good enough for us. Tyldesley and Beglin were going on about him being Italys first choice left back, I would have thought only if Fabio Grosso was injured, and then thats after looking around for other options.

Forget about the sending off, he barely completed a pass. And he's barely won a tackle since he joined the club. Like the undead have said before, he's the emperor's new clothes.

The point is why pick him? He performed no worse in this game than in others. If anything slightly better.

It is the selection that baffles not the performance.

Esp with Mascherano on the bench.

Forget about the sending off, he barely completed a pass. And he's barely won a tackle since he joined the club. Like the undead have said before, he's the emperor's new clothes.

Thats the over the top nonsense that makes this place a bit silly at times.

The point is why pick him? He performed no worse in this game than in others. If anything slightly better.

It is the selection that baffles not the performance.

Esp with Mascherano on the bench.

He was picked because Benitez is growing more unpredictable than a bag of undead ferrets... and the Count has met a few of those in his time.

I think some of you muppets must has watched a different game to me or just go along with what you are told to think by others. The fashionable view is that Lucas is shite so most of you cannot wait to agree.

Personally I do think he is well below par but to use last night as a stick to beat him is wrong.

Firstly. His ability to tackle and impose himself on the game is questionable, at the least, and we all knew before hand that this would be a fast paced tough tackling match. Particulary in midfield. Not his strong point.

Perfect for someone like Mascherano.

Secondly despite his obvious inadequacies in a game of theis type. He had a fucking go. Showed heart put his foot in and kept the game moving.

He was one of our better players first half.

Sending off was daft but my point is he should never have been selected for this game in the first place.

what is his strong point or points? the nice 5-10 yard passes he does?

I think after last night we (Rafa included) need to just admit that Lucas and Liverpool are just not meant to be. Rafa clearly has faith in him as he continues to pick him and having won the South American footballer of the year, is obviously not as bad as what we have seen BUT some players just dont settle in certain clubs - and this is clearly a case of that. Time now to cut our losses and limit the damage. Lucas has been at the club long enough now 'to settle' but hasn't. Bringing South American players over here is always risky - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... no prizes for guessing which category we are in here. Diego Forlan came over here with a big reputation but was abysmal at Man Utd - yet when he left for Villareal became a revelation, proving he wasn't as bad as he seemed. Sadly this looks like it may well be the case with Lucas - a new club in a new country may get the best out of him. His reputation from his time in Brazil may well still command a decent fee so he needs to move on in the summer and start again as i doubt we'll ever see the best of him here.

I only saw the second half of the game last night, and I thought he was doing ok. I had some sympathy with him for a the first yellow, but when I saw him shape to make the tackle for the second it was like car crash tv. You could see it coming. A totally thoughtless and stupid tackle. And in doing that, he didn't just fuck his team mates over, but the fans as well.

The echo and the post should start cranking up the pressure on Rafa for his baffling and idiotic decisions, he needs to be brought to task for the misery he is causing me and others with some of his team selections. I have been on record before saying Lucas should not start in a derby and low and behold he costs us last night, I can see it, why the fuck can't Rafa. There are other things I can see as well that the manager fucks up but he continues to do so and I hope he knows that there are a lot of fans who are starting to distrust him. Someone should make it clear to him that people are getting sick and tired of his errors.

The echo and the post should start cranking up the pressure on Rafa for his baffling and idiotic decisions, he needs to be brought to task for the misery he is causing me and others with some of his team selections. I have been on record before saying Lucas should not start in a derby and low and behold he costs us last night, I can see it, why the fuck can't Rafa. There are other things I can see as well that the manager fucks up but he continues to do so and I hope he knows that there are a lot of fans who are starting to distrust him. Someone should make it clear to him that people are getting sick and tired of his errors.

Dude... just relax.

I would imagine you are "baffled" a lot in life though.

Should the Echo start a campaign every time?

Not normally one to contribute to these sorts of discussions, but anyone who can't see that Lucas is a useless fucking cunt is watching a different player to the one I dread seeing on the team sheet. He can't tackle, he can't pass, he can't shoot, he can't take players on. He's slow, his control is shocking and he regularly gets caught in possession. He gives away needless free-kicks, he has the judgement and awareness of a dead goldfish, he is lightweight and he has a fucking stupid haircut framing the face and body of a 12 year old girl.

As well as getting sent off last night (and whether the first booking was fair or not, he'd have ended up walking after his next pointless late half-arsed tackle anyway), he gave away yet another free kick on the edge of the box when his man was going nowhere, giving them a good set-piece opportunity out of nothing.

We didn't play better after his sending off, and we didn't play worse. We just gave them less chances of scoring something from nothing by his absence.

I don't know what the chap's strengths are supposed to be, but if he can't do the job he's on the pitch to do, and in the face of his glaring weaknesses, I'm at a loss as to what he could add to his game, or what Rafa could tell him to do that we haven't already seen that would bring him up to the standard of just fucking shit.

When Lucas walked last night, my immediate reaction was "Oh good - that evens things up a bit". That the rest of the team sank to his level last night does not get him off the hook.

It wasn't solely his fault we lost last night, but that doesn't make him not shit.

Edit: and whilst we're at it, how come he has Lucas on his shirt and not Leiva, the fucking berk? Easier to spell in the replica shirt shop? Who the fuck is going to have him on the back of their shirt, except maybe George Lucas using the same judgement he had when he thought his own squad needed strengthing with Jar-Jar Fucking Binks?

Alonso was a one man band out there, he was constantly surrounded. Kuyt's badness is a general given. It's like saying Lenny Henry wasn't funny tonight.

Exactly, I really wonder how much ground Alonso covered last night, personally I think he was our best player on the pitch and the pass he made for Rieira only for him to hit it straight at Howard was a real peach.

You dont win the south american golden boot or whatever if you are shit. There has to be more to it than that.

In that clip rafa emphasis a couple of times that his attitude is spot on so he should have settled.

What is it and what are we doing to players?

Booing them?