You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our missing link: Fernando Torres.

WhiskeyJar

To be honest I think we are missing Torres more than we realize. Against Chelsea we missed his pace up front and then against Portsmouth missed his power and finishing ability.

Against Pompey this became abundantly clear when Yossi made some terrific movement upfront, only to take onetouch too many and the chance was lost. I think Torres would of burried that effort as with the Keane chance late on.

I am not taking anything away from Kuyt, Keane or Babel, but in the end Torres is the only world class striker we got and when he is not playing up front we suffer.

Kuyt is great player to have in your side as he always works hard for the team and always there to be as an outlet for attacks. But I cant expect him to score on a regular basis although he was unlucky against Pompey with some terrific shooting.

Babel is just finding his feet, so playing up front is more of a gamble then people realize. He offers pace, technical ability and a great shot, but I cant rely on him to score goals. He is just learning the trades of being a striker.

Keane I think would be my first choice to replace Torres, like-for-like, when the Kid is injured but so far, bearing in mind that Keane has also been carrying a knock, has not delivered to that level. He is still adapting to our style of play and quite clearly, not at his best.

Although the midfield chips in with goals whenever it can, Alonso and Gerrards goals securing a total of six points in the past two fixtures, we need a strike force that can score regulary for us.

Fernando Torres in my view can not come back any sooner.....

To be honest I think we are missing Torres more than we realize. Against Chelsea we missed his pace up front and then against Portsmouth missed his power and finishing ability.

We really missed him because we didnt even win those two games, oh wait!

Every team would miss their best players, it goes without saying. Especially someone as class as Torres who scores so many goals.

IMO this really is a waste of a discussion. We all want Torres back ASAP, its not even debatable.

Our missing link is a player like Sergio Agureo Or Dennis Bergkamp or King Kenny, A player that can create something in tight areas against packed defences, It the only area now where I feel were behind the other top 4 clubs.

Its when you see performances against organized defences that you know that type of player is needed to break them down. Out of our current squad Benayoun is the closest we have to that type of player but he is no Deco or Rooney for sure.

Our missing link is a player like Sergio Agureo Or Dennis Bergkamp or King Kenny, A player that can create something in tight areas against packed defences, It the only area now where I feel were behind the other top 4 clubs.

Its when you see performances against organized defences that you know that type of player is needed to break them down. Out of our current squad Benayoun is the closest we have to that type of player but he is no Deco or Rooney for sure.

I think this is the reason we need another versatile attacking midfielder. Someone who can play in the hole just as well as Stevie G and who can score just as many goals as Torres.

Unfortunatley, Yossi just doesnt make the cut.

I think Yossi might have lacked a touch when he had that chance the other night. Looks like he got the ball which he had to at least touch to control, then the keeper was there. Torres on the other hand, well I think he might've taken another touch to knock it to the left of the keeper and defender, then just place it into the net.

He'll always be missed when he's not playing though.

I think this is the reason we need another versatile attacking midfielder. Someone who can play in the hole just as well as Stevie G and who can score just as many goals as Torres.

Unfortunatley, Yossi just doesnt make the cut.

Name me one player in world football who can play in the hole aswell as Gerrard and score just as many goals as Torres?!

I think I need a billion pounds and Jessica Alba as my wife but I'm more realistic so I'll take a fiver an hour and a blind chick!

From someone reliable on RAWK

Fernando Torres suffered a " reaction" to his recent hamstring injury at Melwood earlier today,the full extent of the setback will not be known until further tests are carried out on Monday morning,as such a date cannot be known for his comeback until the test are carried out.

Hope its bullshit but people over there seem convinced.