You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

[YOUTUBE]g6OgcL-3Cw4[/YOUTUBE]

My mates new(ish) band. He's done quite a bit with other bands but does a good line in punky style stuff. Mega entertaining live in every band he's been in.

Some stuff here for free download if anyone likes it.

SuperCharger

Also one of his previous incarnations of bands which was reasonably popular int he 90's.

[YOUTUBE]9UijQELPCXo[/YOUTUBE]

Also I know a couple of you are in bands (skiddy I'm looking in your direction), do any of you know the lads in Solitary. Based out of Preston but do a fair bit of travelling. One of my other mates met them doing some gigs out of our area and they came up to do a few up here. Very good Machine Head type thrash band.

The fact Chi Cheng died a few days ago seems to have passed this thread by. Very sad. Hell of a talented 6 string bass player who never recovered from a car crash 5 years ago. And all because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Clunk click kids, Uncle Jimmy said so, as those of us of a certain age will recall.

A spot of "Digital Bath" in honour. Works best loud as fuck through headphones of course.

RIP Chi, son. Thanks for the marvellous bassy riffs you cool fucker.

[YOUTUBE]9tmPBuSpmfA[/YOUTUBE]

I remember being in an old record store with a good mate of mine, way back when, and I only had enough cash for one album.

My mate Ian got Carcass' Necroticism, I plumped for Human by Death, primarily because I already had Leprosy and it was great.

I got the shit end of that stick alright.

From memory, Human had only one killer track on it, Genetic Reconstruction. Necroticism is stacked, start to finish.

I remember being in an old record store with a good mate of mine, way back when, and I only had enough cash for one album.

My mate Ian got Carcass' Necroticism, I plumped for Human by Death, primarily because I already had Leprosy and it was great.

I got the shit end of that stick alright.

From memory, Human had only one killer track on it, Genetic Reconstruction. Necroticism is stacked, start to finish.

I can handle Heartwork - apparently that's 'melodic death metal'; their earlier stuff like 'Symphonies' and 'Necrotism' is extreme to me.

Still, I appreciate their massive influence.

This was recorded in Parr St studios:

[YOUTUBE]RaXS4nAx0jU[/YOUTUBE]

Liverpool doesn't have a big metal heritage, but the city came up with one of the most influential metal bands ever in Carcass.

And their new album is meant to be brilliant. A mix of old riffs that weren't included on Heartwork, reworked by Jeff and Bill, with some new stuff as well.

Can't wait to see them again in November.

Don't know if anybody else from here went, but I saw Kreator, Evile and Xentrix at teh Ritz in Manchester on Saturday night.

Kretor were just simply stunning, best band I've seen in a while. Circle pits were mental. Good to see Xentrix again after all these years, and I'm still undecided on Evile. Their first album was really good, but I'm not sure if they've progressed that much since.

Beast of a black metal track

[YOUTUBE]LgDop5DFtfY[/YOUTUBE]

Currently listening to Black Sabbaths Paranoid - great track this

[YOUTUBE]O63COyZlTyU[/YOUTUBE]

Good to see soundgarden have tried to recreate the atmosphere of superunknown and down on the upside with this one

[YOUTUBE]PBDOORRHM64[/YOUTUBE]

Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman passed away earlier today due to liver failure. Story from Billboard.com

Slayer guitarist and founding member Jeff Hanneman died earlier today of liver failure. He was 49.

"Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home," the band's longtime publicist said in a statement. "Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure."

Hanneman co-founded the thrash metal greats with Kerry King in 1981; their breakthrough came in 1986 with the brutalist album "Reign in Blood." Hanneman wrote or co-wrote the set's standout tracks, "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood."

D1bBGdoRgYU

uHw4LbeKs_E

Just so very sad about Jeff. First time I saw them was Clash of the Titans 1990 at the NEC, and they were just incredible. Last time I saw them with Jeff was at the Manchester Academy a few years ago before he got bitten by the snake. Such a brilliant guitarist and will be sadly missed.

Just so very sad about Jeff. First time I saw them was Clash of the Titans 1990 at the NEC, and they were just incredible. Last time I saw them with Jeff was at the Manchester Academy a few years ago before he got bitten by the snake. Such a brilliant guitarist and will be sadly missed.

It was a spider wasn't it?

Shit news anyway.