You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Holland Vs Italy

hamstrung

According to the stats Dirk was the fastest player in this game with a top speed of 29.8 km/h which is the 8th fastest of this tournament and ahead of among others C. Ronaldo. Interesting for those of us who thought it was all endurance and not so much speed with him.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i truly enjoyed that game and VanBasten team selection showed that it's not always about the individuals but the team, you can imagine Rafa approving of that display. When i first saw the team sheet i thought they looked weak just goes to show....

Guest TK-421

People always mention Dirk Kuyt's work rate or whatever, but he did the silky skills tonight as well. Pisses me off that hardly anyone mentions it. He pwned Zambrotta so bad.

Guest TK-421
According to the stats Dirk was the fastest player in this game with a top speed of 29.8 km/h. Interesting for those of us who thought it was all endurance and not so much speed with him.

Many idiots don't realise this because they watch the game with a closed mind.

According to the stats Dirk was the fastest player in this game with a top speed of 29.8 km/h which is the 8th fastest of this tournament and ahead of among others C. Ronaldo. Interesting for those of us who thought it was all endurance and not so much speed with him.

Where do you see those stats, mate?

So, the Dutch; they look very promising on tonight's showing. Dirk and Sneijder had a great game, also that Engelaar is an absolute fucking monster.

Van Der Vaart is sex again.

He's obviously operating in a completely pie-free environment these days.

I'm still giddy as fuck! It's games like that what you want to see in big tournaments, none of the fucking shite served up by the French today. I hope Italy go through alongside Holland because they'll at least have a go unlike the fucking French.

The second and third goals will go down in European Championship folklore.

Dirk being interviewed, can this night get any better?!

Thanks! That'll be useful for the next couple of weeks.

Yes, it's brilliant. Just check out the stats from the France game and see how much more the Romanians ran compared to the french and you'll see one of the main reasons of why their result was so disappointing.

I'm watching the highlights on Norwegian telly right now and it wasn't just on the third goal Dirk didn't join in on the celebration. It was the same on the second and van Nistelrooy actually had to make an effort to make him come over to the other players.