You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thierry Henry

Walton Park

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as for henry, he (terry) is really struggling in the barca team because eto'o (rightly) is the front man so they look to eto'o first and thus henry has to drop deeper to get the ball and he is suffering because of it.

I seriously don't see how that situation would be any different here, you could argue he'd do a better job than kuyt but I think the '20 a season henry' ship has sailed.

Why do you think Henry couldn't score 20 in a season?

Fair enough if he was injured but there is nothing to suggest that he still can't score the 20.

In his last season with Arsenal he had 10 goals from 17 games. double that and you still have 4 games to spare

Why do you think Henry couldn't score 20 in a season?

Fair enough if he was injured but there is nothing to suggest that he still can't score the 20.

In his last season with Arsenal he had 10 goals from 17 games. double that and you still have 4 games to spare

as I said everything went through henry at arsenal.

A team of Carra's, I've already once weighed in on (a definite yes). A couple more Stevie G's, fine by me. Cloning Torres would be wonderful. But, if somebody told me I could put Mascherano in 11 places on the field at once, I think it's the offer I couldn't refuse. There is no team in the world that they wouldn't chew to pieces.

As for Henry, it'd look awful good to have Gerrard supporting Torres with Babel and Henry making those runs down the wings...but, I'll agree with Rash's point that we could find a different player (younger, perhaps) to satisfy that need.

I spose a lot of it is to do with formation. He isnt happy at barca playing in a wide position. So there would be no point us asking him to do the same here.

If we were playing 442 then surely you would take henry for 10 million. He is 30 now and you would get a couple of good years out of him.

A team of Carra's, I've already once weighed in on (a definite yes). A couple more Stevie G's, fine by me. Cloning Torres would be wonderful. But, if somebody told me I could put Mascherano in 11 places on the field at once, I think it's the offer I couldn't refuse. There is no team in the world that they wouldn't chew to pieces.

As for Henry, it'd look awful good to have Gerrard supporting Torres with Babel and Henry making those runs down the wings...but, I'll agree with Rash's point that we could find a different player (younger, perhaps) to satisfy that need.

A team of Maschers I take it you love 0-0 scorelines.

Was on a stag party over the weekend in barcelona so went to the Villareal game. To say Henry was poor would be an understatement, he was shockingly bad. I mean he couldnt even control a simple pass at times. He posed no attacking threat at all. There was a mixed reaction from the crowed when he went off, some were happy others gave him a generous kind of pity clap

I heard somewhere that he has a soft spot for us and loves the atmosphere at Anfield especially after the cup tie with arsenal last season. He will never be as good as he was at Arsenal again, those days are over. But maybe if we could pick him up for 4-6 million we could accomadate him in our squad. He still has 3 seasons left in him and am sure could still produce the odd bit of magic when required