You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm absolutely made up Leonard Cohen is playing Glasto.

I'd gladly pay the £150 just to see him take a shit, let alone pay for three days worth of music.

Me too, he's playing a tour before hand and low and behold Liverpool isnt on it yet the Mancs get four nights.

Surely he could of played the phil?

I'm 18, I will just have finished school forever and I will be bladdered all festival. I just don't think a bunch of skangers will ruin my festival.

haha, nor should it mate. dont get me wrong i went for about 5 years on the bounce, just got a bit fed up with. not just the crowd, im not one of these music snobs or anything. i just think oxegen is ran as a plainly money making excercise, sign the acts, sell the tickets and then they treat ya poorly when ya get there, the security were always cunts when i was there and shit like that just puts ya off the whole thing after a while but as ya say, ya wont let it ruin your festival so have a good one.

Two of my very biggest musical heroes are playing Glastonbury - Massive Attack and Leonard Cohen. I don't know why it is on between 27-29 June, I always thought it incorporated the midsummer solstace? I'm really disheartened about missing Massive

Attack at Glastonbury... my idea of heaven

I've not heard much of Massive Attack, where do I start?

Also, it turns out I'm going to Leeds aswell as Glastonbury this year. Bonus. (not on my wallet!)

Ill be at Leeds aswell. Ive been the last 3 years and its a yearly trip for us, doesnt matter who's playing!

Its a pain having Leeds tickets on sale 31st of March and then Glasto the week after.

(thats if im lucky enough to get glasto again, dont want to jinx it)

I've not heard much of Massive Attack, where do I start?

Also, it turns out I'm going to Leeds aswell as Glastonbury this year. Bonus. (not on my wallet!)

Depends what you're into. If you like white indie music (terribly sorry for the generalisation), I would suggest easing your way into them cautiously. The first two steps are generally perceived to be both Blue Lines and Protection - both ace albums.

Both Unfinished Sympathy [ YouTube - massive attack _ unfinished sympathy ] and Protection [

] are highly accesible. You can then work up to Mezzanine (if you have been alive in the past ten years, you will instantly recognise Teardrop and Angel) and finally 100th Window, which is very good, but by far their worst in my opinion.

Depends what you're into. If you like white indie music (terribly sorry for the generalisation), I would suggest easing your way into them cautiously. The first two steps are generally perceived to be both Blue Lines and Protection - both ace albums.

Both Unfinished Sympathy [ YouTube - massive attack _ unfinished sympathy ] and Protection [

] are highly accesible. You can then work up to Mezzanine (if you have been alive in the past ten years, you will instantly recognise Teardrop and Angel) and finally 100th Window, which is very good, but by far their worst in my opinion.

ouch,

nah ta for that, I'll see what I can get hold of.

• 2 weeks later...