You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the summers not quite over thankfully.

electric picnic on this weekend and even though they havent booked as many headline names as they have in the past' date=' always a brilliant buzz about the place though and never a sign of trouble and im quite looking forward to seeing bookashade, dan deacon, christy moore, crystal castles, santogold, george clinton and the p funk allstars, my bloody valentine, underworld, the congo's, the roots, grindermen, sigur ros aswell as a great collection of electro acts throughout the place.....

and i think im going to check out grace jones aswell, im not sure why but i just feel drawn to it.

hopefully ill be blessed with back to school sunshine aswell.[/quote']

First time i'm going to miss this one as i'm getting married in 3 weeks and i just can't afford it, i'm sickened i'm going to miss it.

Lineup is odd this year but its the buzz about the place that makes it so good and there's no scumbags at it as the music keeps them away.

I saw Dan deacon about a year ago in Cork and i recommend him highly live, he puts on a brilliant live show and make sure you try and get up close to him as he mightn't play on stage but on ground level instead.

Crystal castles are supposed to be excellent live and of course Underworld just won't leave you down.

Enjoy it mate and i hope the weather clears up for you as its been awful lately.

I'm very jealous.

Frank Turner was ace as usual. That song about his friend that died is amazing.

I had forgotten how good a large festival crowd can be - both for FT and LTJ, there were big crowds that knew every word and sang along. Great stuff.

I'll be at FT in L'pool if you're going.

yeah i hear she's great live alright' date=' the list of times ive seen have her clashing with crystal castles so i might have to settle for half and half.

seems like a feisty girl aswell from what ive read.[/quote']

If The Black lips don't clash with anyone you want to see i highly recommend them, one of my favourite bands at the moment and Hayseed Dixie could be a right laugh as they do bluegrass covers of AC/DC, the album is really good craic.

First time i'm going to miss this one as i'm getting married in 3 weeks and i just can't afford it, i'm sickened i'm going to miss it.

Lineup is odd this year but its the buzz about the place that makes it so good and there's no scumbags at it as the music keeps them away.

I saw Dan deacon about a year ago in Cork and i recommend him highly live, he puts on a brilliant live show and make sure you try and get up close to him as he mightn't play on stage but on ground level instead.

Crystal castles are supposed to be excellent live and of course Underworld just won't leave you down.

Enjoy it mate and i hope the weather clears up for you as its been awful lately.

I'm very jealous.

yeah its a strange line up this year but theres lots to enjoy or discover as ive been listening to lots of new music with ep in mind.

was there in 05 and last year so i know its not really a festival thats defined by the line up, think the highlight was the body and soul forest area last year so theres more to it than the main acts.

saw a timetable yesterday that has underworld clashing with crystal castles and santogold so ill have to attempt a balancing act or else see how i feel at the time.

think the weathers due to pick up so fingers crossed.

good luck with the wedding!

If The Black lips don't clash with anyone you want to see i highly recommend them, one of my favourite bands at the moment and Hayseed Dixie could be a right laugh as they do bluegrass covers of AC/DC, the album is really good craic.

the black lip are clashing with my bloody valentine in the list ive seen but it may be wrong.

ep is defo a festival you could float round without a plan and still find something pretty special.

just saw hayseed dixie are on the sunday at one, will probably be bumming about at the main stage for most of sunday anyway as the congos, micheal franti/spearhead and the roots are all there from 3 onwards.

I'm giving serious consideraion to going to Glastonbury next year, does anybody know when the line up is announced and when tickets go on sale etc?

I think it's October, incredibly. They're cheekily asking for a £50 deposit, even though tickets don't actually go on sale till April. If you pay the deposit and then, for whatever reason, don't buy a ticket, you only get £40 back. Something like that, anyway. Plus, the lineup won't be announced till April.

EDIT..unbelievably, my memory is functioning relatively ok....

I was in Brown Camp and when we got there we got a massive space and it was dry were we camped.

The festival line up was shocking this year but as always had a class time and despite saying I wont be back I will be there next year yet again.

Those who go to any festival in england without wellies deserve eveything they get if you ask me!

• 3 weeks later...

Bestival was fucking ace by the way, despite the 2 foot of mud. If you are looking for the vibe without the huge crowds then this is it.

Amy "Smackhouse" was shite, seriously all festival organisations should fuck her off till she sorts her shit out.

Pendulum were awesome, other artists which rocked Chromeo, The Specials, Annie Mac, Joey Negro, Stanton warriors and Alphabeat (gulp!). I missed Noah and the whale as I was hammered but heard good reports I think.

Bestival was fucking ace by the way, despite the 2 foot of mud. If you are looking for the vibe without the huge crowds then this is it.

Amy "Smackhouse" was shite, seriously all festival organisations should fuck her off till she sorts her shit out.

Pendulum were awesome, other artists which rocked Chromeo, The Specials, Annie Mac, Joey Negro, Stanton warriors and Alphabeat (gulp!). I missed Noah and the whale as I was hammered but heard good reports I think.

sounds excellent, and good to hear that the weather didnt affect your weekend. the specials are gonna be touring for the next few months so ill have to keep an eye on that.

How did the picnic go mate? What were your highlights?

i had a brilliant weekend, think it may have been the best one yet to be honest. the line up didnt have as many headliners as in the past but the whole experience was just better.

there is just so much going on that its easy to get distracted from your initial plans.

took me a while to find my bearings on the friday actually.

saw a bit of digitalism and booka shade on the friday aswell as tiga, spent most the early hours of saturday morning in the tir na gasta stage in the forest.

saturday was a bit of a slow burner as i was like a zombie until about 5 in the evening but once i got going it was a very good night, had a little looksy at grace jones, saw a great set from santogold and then caught the last 20 minutes of underworld before seeing george clinton on the main stage.

sunday was a cracking day weatherwise so took it easy at the mainstage for most of the day, saw the dublin gospel choir, the congo's and michael franti and spearhead. bit gutted i missed the roots though as i somehow got their set time mixed up when i went back out to the tents.

floated about on the sunday night and saw a bit of my bloody valentine and a pretty impressive set by deadmau5, the orb were special guests in the body and soul area but the rain started to come on heavy by then and effectively ended the night for most people.

highlights are always hard to choose but i always enjoy the forest stages and the body and soul.

ill probably be away next year but if your gonna be about, avail of the early bird prices whenever they go on sale around christmas as to be honest its a safe bet getting a ticket as it doesnt really matter who's playing, its gonna be a top weekend.

Yeah i'm defo getting an early bird ticket this year, i think we're looking to get a lend of a campervan so we're hoping to do in in style.

Couple of my mates ended up in the forest as well, they said it was excellent!

I heard My bloody valentine were brilliant and loud and Underworld were a bit disappointing.

I'm still jealous.

• 2 months later...
Time to revive this thread.

Really wish Glasto would get a move on and announce the headliners, I cant wait.

I hope Elbow are on the bill somewhere as well.

Can you still apply for tickets for Glasto Mick?

• 2 weeks later...
I reckon Blur will headline Glastonbury next year long with someone like Eminem or another huge hip hop artist.

I think Blur will defo play the Pyramid stage on one of the nights and I think Kanye West might headline the Other stage but I dont think he or whoever it may be will do the Pyramid.

I really cant wait to go again.

I think Blur will defo play the Pyramid stage on one of the nights and I think Kanye West might headline the Other stage but I dont think he or whoever it may be will do the Pyramid.

I really cant wait to go again.

Good shout. I'd put money on those two appearing right now if I could.

• 3 weeks later...

Emily Eavis said this:

How does booking the line-up actually work?

There are a lot of bands who'll be releasing albums next year who we really hope to have on. And then there are a few possibilities of legends who we hear might be heading into Europe sort of June time, so there's an element of speaking to them and seeing if we can re-route to include Glastonbury. And then we'll have our own ideas like, "I'll tell you who'll be amazing, we should definitely see if they're around". There's definitely an element of tracking people down because every year we try to make the line-up as unique as possible. There are a lot of events, but what we offer is total diversity. So we're exploring all sorts of avenues, some obvious and some are not so obvious.

So, who's touring next June/July?

• 2 weeks later...