You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Final thought

AngryOfTuebrook

When you go gently (or otherwise) into that good night, what do you want your last (football related) mental image to be?

For me, it's the way that ball span. You know, Terry mac's opening goal, Rome '77, the cameraman had the good sense to zoom in on that ball spinning in the corner of the goal.

It's spinning still.

Long may it spin.

What's your funereal Reds moment?

Tommy Smith rising like a salmon in Rome having lost the FA Cup final 3 days earlier

The first is always the best

It was a different era then in loads of ways, no disposable income with which to pay for your trip to the Final people had to sell what ever they could to get there and get there they did the colours the noise never be beaten

Tommy Smith rising like a salmon in Rome having lost the FA Cup final 3 days earlier

The first is always the best

It was a different era then in loads of ways, no disposable income with which to pay for your trip to the Final people had to sell what ever they could to get there and get there they did the colours the noise never be beaten

Agreed, especially after the cup final 4 days earlier.

For me it'll be the moment Vladi's long range shot spun off Dida's hand into the net.

I'd just finished saying to my mate that Milan would shit themselves if we scored another one quickly and I was convinced from then that trophy would be ours. It also gave me the excuse to nearly throttle the gobshite next to me in the Ataturk that had been giving him abuse while disguising it as celebrating.

The first time I walked up the steps at the back of the Kop with my Dad and saw the most lushest, green and perfect playing arena I had ever seen. Waiting for the stands filling up, the half empty Kemlyn, empty Anny Road with multi coloured blocks of seat, the away standing section to the left, and main stand with wooden seats and paddock with red seats. Watching as the crowd filled up around me in the Kop and the volume steadily rose to a deafing belt.

That feeling will live with me forever and being my dying wish to revisit the first time.