You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 new kids to the academy in january?

Macca74

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Dalla Valle should be bumped up to the under 18's. It sounds like they need all the help they can get at the moment. Its very alarming how, as a group, their form has slumped.

Have their abilities been vastly overrated or is this just a temporary loss of form?

I think it was DT who commented that they are a good team but are believing their own hype too much and are playing as individuals and not as a team.

• 2 weeks later...

Some fellow countymen had put this on RAWK and I thought to copy and paste it on here too:

>>>There was an interview in a Finnish newspaper about Lauri couple of days ago. I have translated some bits which might be interesting:

Liverpool Academy scout Ian Barrigan doesn't save any compliments when he describes former JIPPO player Dalla Valle who moved to England in January.

"I would say he is the most natural finisher in the history of our academy. Everybody are talking about how many goals he has scored"

(he has scored 11 goals in as many games)

"Lauri has only once failed to score in U17 matches but apart from that it was his best game here"

Lauri trains with U18 team but has mainly played with lads one year younger than that because the striker of that team has been injured for a long time.

"He must play as an out and out striker even though his best position is behind the main striker"

Other comments were like

"Even though being such young he realises the importance of right diet and Lauri has the best physique in the whole academy"

"his attitude is very professional as is the case with all the finns (well I'm writing this while working )"

When asked about his weaknesses, both Barrigan and Piet Hamberg replied practically at the same time saying he needs to get better on one on one situations and get more brave to take on oppositions.

I just hope all those nice things said are true."

4179267.jpg

Some fellow countymen had put this on RAWK and I thought to copy and paste it on here too:

>>>There was an interview in a Finnish newspaper about Lauri couple of days ago. I have translated some bits which might be interesting:

Liverpool Academy scout Ian Barrigan doesn't save any compliments when he describes former JIPPO player Dalla Valle who moved to England in January.

"I would say he is the most natural finisher in the history of our academy. Everybody are talking about how many goals he has scored"

(he has scored 11 goals in as many games)

"Lauri has only once failed to score in U17 matches but apart from that it was his best game here"

Lauri trains with U18 team but has mainly played with lads one year younger than that because the striker of that team has been injured for a long time.

"He must play as an out and out striker even though his best position is behind the main striker"

Other comments were like

"Even though being such young he realises the importance of right diet and Lauri has the best physique in the whole academy"

"his attitude is very professional as is the case with all the finns (well I'm writing this while working )"

When asked about his weaknesses, both Barrigan and Piet Hamberg replied practically at the same time saying he needs to get better on one on one situations and get more brave to take on oppositions.

I just hope all those nice things said are true."

4179267.jpg

That is a very impressive description.