You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC Vs Pompey

lfclad_4eva

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comfortably our worst performance of the season, couldn't have had any complaints about a 3-0 defeat to be honest.

Still, we didn't lose, so that's a positive, and 7 points from 9 away from home is okay.

Baffled by the slagging off Momo is getting, I thought he was our best outfield player.

Making changes has nothing to do with the lack of desire or inability to pass the ball to a team mate. You can't keep using the rotation excuse every time we have a bad result. That team was more than good enough to beat Pompey.

The lads bought on Crouch, Benayoun, Momo etc are not a patch on Torres, Babel and Gerrard - hence the lack of desire is really a lack of quality. It's akin to United "resting" Ronaldo, Rooney and Scholes in an away game at Pompey. Fucking joke.

View at full time.

Still fucking shite.

Portsmouth were poor today and yet the best chances fell to them. The penalty and Utaka were two glorious chances and they failed to take them.

I dont want to hear about Man utd only got a draw at Fratton Park and that they are a difficult team to beat at home as they were there for the taking today and once again like we did last season failed to take advantage.

I agree with what Andy Gray said and what i commented on earlier in the thread. If you want to rest players then take them off when the game is won.

We had far more movement up front when Torres and Gerrard came on and if these two had been on from the start then im pretty confident we would have won and won easily today.

We have Birmingham at home next weekend, that is the time for resting some of the players not away at Portsmouth.

Gutted with the performance and the fact we havent taken advantage of been at top of the league. We should be beating a team where half their players sound like they should be in Lion King.

Its still way early in the league and the fact that the players have been on International duty and we have Porto coming up in the Champs Lge but that was a terrible performance from us today.

Was anyone in the least bit surprised? Rafa you have been here 3 fucking years, start fucking learning that this isn't a computer game. Too many changes = disjointed performance. I'd only have rested Gerrard today.. Benayoun was shit as was Momo and Crouch.

The long ball tactics disgusted me.

Shut up cunt bucket.

I said before the game, on the phone to our Kid, that I felt we'd be toothless in attack. Why doesn't he learn? I used to make excuses for Rafa, like "We didn't have the players" or whatever but there aren't any more excuses, it's down to him.

it's down to the players, I understand why he made the changes, internationals and we have 3 games in 7 days

when he made the changes and we had our best players on we still let them have time and space on the ball and wave after wave of attacks, it was sick

Was anyone in the least bit surprised? Rafa you have been here 3 fucking years, start fucking learning that this isn't a computer game. Too many changes = disjointed performance. I'd only have rested Gerrard today.. Benayoun was shit as was Momo and Crouch.

The long ball tactics disgusted me.

start fucking learning that this isn't a computer game

hmmm....the usual knee jerkers are here already !!!

I'd hate to have come on here if we'd lost the game. Jeez.

We should have lost. What bothers me the most is that we could and should've have won there, with the right team selection. If a person gets their fingers burned by continually putting them in the fire, they will stop putting them in the fire after a while. I'm not against rotation, per se, but I am against wholesale rotation that involves the benching of our most technically gifted players. We were toothless and that, for me, was a team selection issue.

Guest johnmallaly
That was poor and no mistake. At least we never lost (thanks Pepe) but the penny has got to drop now with Benitez. We will simply never ever win the league with his mass rotation policy. It's got to stop.

We made 4 odd changes for the Derby game and won 6-0. We'll never win the league unless we go into every game looking to win, and start playing something that resembles football, nothing to do with rotation. The lads who came in today are all full internationals.

This is not just based on today either, but If I had to sell one player it would be Alonso. I can't remember the last time he really had a great game, and he's so slow these days it's untrue.

We should have lost. What bothers me the most is that we could and should've have won there, with the right team selection. If a person gets their fingers burned by continually putting them in the fire, they will stop putting them in the fire after a while. I'm not against rotation, per se, but I am against wholesale rotation that involves the benching of our most technically gifted players. We were toothless and that, for me, was a team selection issue.

I don't mind resting the odd playe either, but Torres, Gerrard AND Babel rested in the same game away from home in a tough place was asking to lose or draw.

Fair enough Dave, I do agree. I just can't see the point in getting so wound up over us drawing one game this early on. If we'd had the start we had last season then yes, it'd be time to have a go. But we're 5 games in and still top. All might not be rosy, but it could be worse.

Making changes has nothing to do with the lack of desire or inability to pass the ball to a team mate. You can't keep using the rotation excuse every time we have a bad result. That team was more than good enough to beat Pompey.

*sigh*, shakes head , fucks off to GF for some peace and quiet and some intelligent debates on Monkeys and Trapdoor spiders

We made 4 odd changes for the Derby game and won 6-0. We'll never win the league unless we go into every game looking to win, and start playing something that resembles football, nothing to do with rotation. The lads who came in today are all full internationals.

This is not just based on today either, but If I had to sell one player it would be Alonso. I can't remember the last time he really had a great game, and he's so slow these days it's untrue.

Except that was at home against Derby and the players coming in were of a better quality than the ones who draw against Toulouse.

fucking shit! We lost that game before the kick off what a fucking waste im so pissed off, one of Dirk or Torres should start every game.

Ive had it with Crouch he simply isn't good enough for us, he's to damn slow and when he plays we revert to the long ball shit.

Torres is a mile above any other striker we have he has to play as much as possible, he's used to playing every game with Atletico he doesnt need that much rest.

Thats brought my expectations for the league crashing down to earth.

Did I miss something?

start fucking learning that this isn't a computer game

hmmm....the usual knee jerkers are here already !!!

Stop qouting this useless cunt please.

A terrible performance today lacking in any workrate at all. Midfield sat deep all game and no good ball given to the wingers. Crouch was poor and momo is entitled to have a bad game now and again. The team was good enough to win it if it worked hard enough which it didn't at all.

Guest johnmallaly
Just like to remind everyone we're still top of the table

In the cold light of day it's not a bad result, but the frustrating part is we didn't go for the win. Even with a minute to go we were quite happy for the keeper to keep hold of the ball. No urgency at all.

There's a difference between rotating at home to Derby and rotating away to Portsmouth. The argument that players are full internationals isn't really a decent yardstick, David Healy, David Weir and Steven Carr are all internationals, they wouldn't get near our side.