You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match Thread

aws

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Crouch, a lot, but I am worried about his mental attitude and therefore his future at the club.

We could all be totally reading the signals wrong but his head doesn't look right at the moment.

Personally I don't think it's any "Billy Big Bollocks" shite, rather the need to feel valued, possibly as much by himself as by the manager, supporters etc.

I think all the criticism he's received during his career must have affected him, and the only way he feels on top of the world is to have great games, score goals and get the deserved plaudits.

This won't, and doesn't, happen if he's not in the team regularly and to be fair, I think it's clear that no matter how well he plays he's still likely to be in and out of the side.

(amateur psychology session over)

Or get pulled up for fouls in europe, when going for a header.

How many times have we seen Crouch stick his arse into a defender and reach behind him to hold him or try and match the opposition arm for arm when challenging for a ball when he doesn't need to.

He's huge he can outjump most players in football yet somehow manages to make the least of his biggest asset.

Now we have the added inconvenience of what appears to be a I'm great so can stop trying attitude that has crept into his game (and did for a spell last season). Biggest mistake Rafa could have made this summer is telling Crouch his position is safe.

Oh for fucks sake. I've missed the fucking game. I assumed it'd be a 7.45pm or later. Christ I've had the whole day off too.

This is shit!

Go and find a copy of the AK Graz game, it was a carbon copy (and the last third round qualifier). Comfortable game that worked to our disadvantage because we stopped trying.

I'm not going to complain about the performance because it was efficient and successful, even if it was an awful game to watch. We did our job, we didn't overdo it in the temperatures, and as Rafa is obsessed with, we "controlled the game." You felt we could have gone for the juggler at any point there, we just gave it a miss with Chelsea in mind.

We should see them off comfortably at home.

I'm not going to complain about the performance because it was efficient and successful, even if it was an awful game to watch. We did our job, we didn't overdo it in the temperatures, and as Rafa is obsessed with, we "controlled the game." You felt we could have gone for the juggler at any point there, we just gave it a miss with Chelsea in mind.

We should see them off comfortably at home.

there was a juggler? cool

Yep, we have a great record at home in the qualifiers. :(

Be prepared for a 0-0 scrape mate.

Christ you are a moaning git some times rash. We just won away against a decent team in baking heat. What more do you fucking want? You didn't even watch the pissing match. I don't normally get wound up by you but right now you are really doing my head in.

Christ you are a moaning git some times rash. We just won away against a decent team in baking heat. What more do you fucking want? You didn't even watch the pissing match. I don't normally get wound up by you but right now you are really doing my head in.

I am just reading this thread and relying on u lot for information! I dislike our mentality in away games, sorry to say.

Sounds like we really went for their throat with our new found attacking intent.

Yeah which is amazing considering the near 100F temperature.

I mean we could have risked severe fatigue and heat exhaustion, but no matter as long as we attacked relentlessly.

Considering the conditions I thought the workrate of the team today was very good. When you're not used to playing in those conditions it can be easy to over do it even with their fitness levels.

They approached the game in the right way and the players and the management should be commended for coming away with a win and a clean sheet.