You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stone Island gear

Harry Squatter

I went to Negresco on Lark Lane a few months back, the lazy, uppity and aloof waiter who served us wore a top man shirt with a black leather necklace, been on the Wham beds loads, had bright dyed blonde spikey hair and wore a pair of stupid "fashion" glasses that Edgar Davids wouldn't have been seen dead in. He looked like a cross between an umpa lumpa, Gok Wan and a Hollyoaks extra.

He clearly doesn't realise he's a waiter and is under the impression he is dancer for Blue. I'd have glassed him there and then.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the hypothesis that cheap stuff is easy to pick as cheap is, one, flawed, and two, most probably bollocks. It's flawed because looking 'cheap' doesn't really mean anything as it's completely compatable with looking cool as fuck.

I buy loads of cheap gear, like jeans from Primark and t-shirts from any old shitty shop, and it still looks class. One of my favourite t-shirts cost me a quid from a discout bucket in a shop in Copenhagen, it had a rip on the collar-bone area and I thought it gave it charachter. It says something on the from than nobody can understand too, which appealed wonderfully to my pretentious side.

You can't but style, you either have it or you don't.

I think the hypothesis that cheap stuff is easy to pick as cheap is, one, flawed, and two, most probably bollocks. It's flawed because looking 'cheap' doesn't really mean anything as it's completely compatable with looking cool as fuck.

I buy loads of cheap gear, like jeans from Primark and t-shirts from any old shitty shop, and it still looks class. One of my favourite t-shirts cost me a quid from a discout bucket in a shop in Copenhagen, it had a rip on the collar-bone area and I thought it gave it charachter. It says something on the from than nobody can understand too, which appealed wonderfully to my pretentious side.

You can't but style, you either have it or you don't.

I still think you can tell a lot of the time between 'cheap' and not but I completely agree about it not really meaning anything. I have loads of pairs of jeans ranging from £5 Primark specials to considerably more than that and I wear them all excessively.

I can tell when I'm wearing more expensive ones though, they feel better and I look cool as, obv.

Levi's, Lee & Wrangler - the rest is shite.

The only good thing about Top Man is that my cousin works there.

As for 'Stripe' Menswear. I knew the 'Owner' of that and I can tell you now 50% of the clobber was blous from a warehouse run by some Asian lads and the rest he got from Brandswear Discount Catalogue.

The name wasn't a co-incidence lets just say.

i think its quite clear to tell the difference between flannels quality and topman or river island. my brother shops in topman and burtons and river island and he gets around 3 outfits for the price of one of my pair of jeans.

he's into all that skinny jeans n shit, each to their own but when half the city is wearing the same its plain to see who spends what on clobber.

i mainly wear jeans and jumpers. lacoste jumpers are always going to kick ass no matter who wears them, i have 3 stone island jumpers and a cardi simply because they look good and are warm. as for this paying 800 for a coat, i have a calvin klein coat that cost 220 that i wear a lot of the time and i have a green one from gap that cost 30, its one of those noel gallagher type things but i love it. more often than not i wear gazelles or stan smiths with a pair of jeans and either an 80's casuals tee shirt or something from platinum (maghull). platinum sells prada and armani mainly and they set you back around 80 for a nice top.

and as for the night! i hate all the lads going out in top man jeans with 47692875462734 pockets and every cunt in the same shirt. i mainly wear a pair of proper trousers, like suit pants with a polo shirt.