You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

tlw footy tonight...

dave u

Can't any of you lads put together a 5-a-side team to represent TLW? The tournament is a product of the forum, it's only right that there's a team there. I'll even slip a brown envelope to the ref to sway any borderline decisions your way.

When? Where? Etc.

Cheers.

I'm playing Thursday

Good game on Thursday, our team played really well, no one in our team had a bad game, nige is full of running as is his mate with the grey hair, the other lad who wears the Everton tracky is funny when he gets angry with himself. Thanks to Ged who played a brilliant pass inside the defender for my first goal.

I was utter garbage on Thursday, that's the worst I've played for TLW in nearly 4 years of playing. I was ashamed of myself. My handling was appalling, I dropped everything I went near. I push a lot away as you all know but I usually do just that. I made a mess of the simplest catches the other night. Utter mare.

I thought bibs were appalling full stop to be honest, we were either racing forward to attack with no thought to defending, or defending with no thought to attacking. Only Cris stayed in position and he was our MOTM by a mile. We desperately missed a midfield anchorman, someone to sit and hold and control the tempo of the game. We missed that very badly.

Other team played really well, Grazy in particular ran the show. He might well be the oldest player there (sorry Grazy) but he's definitely the fittest. Quality player.

I was utter garbage on Thursday, that's the worst I've played for TLW in nearly 4 years of playing. I was ashamed of myself. My handling was appalling, I dropped everything I went near. I push a lot away as you all know but I usually do just that. I made a mess of the simplest catches the other night. Utter mare.

I thought bibs were appalling full stop to be honest, we were either racing forward to attack with no thought to defending, or defending with no thought to attacking. Only Cris stayed in position and he was our MOTM by a mile. We desperately missed a midfield anchorman, someone to sit and hold and control the tempo of the game. We missed that very badly.

Other team played really well, Grazy in particular ran the show. He might well be the oldest player there (sorry Grazy) but he's definitely the fittest. Quality player.

Too many people were happy to sit in that position doing very little and/or giving it away too frequently, add to that a lack of shape and team structure was our downfall.

Dont get me wrong, I had a shocker.

1. Mark

2. Dunce

3. Dave U

4. John G

5. Al

6.Rob

7. Franco Garesi

8. Moe Town

Fannies. Not this week but next (i.e. the 28th), I'd like to play and I'd really like to baggsy a spot for my nephew who is over from Holland. Please please please.

Thurs 28th

1. rb14

2. rb14s nephew

Nephew, eh? Of course he is!

We're not daft you know. Is he like the sofa salesman from Gimme Gimme Gimme?

1. Mark

2. Dunce

3. Dave U

4. John G

5. Al

6. Rob

7. Franco Garesi

8. Moe Town

9. Ted

10. Mark

11. Woo

12. Ged

13. Nige

14. Ian

I'll put Nige and Ian down, too, but as always, they're happy to drop out if they're taking the place of a regular.

Nephew, eh? Of course he is!

We're not daft you know. Is he like the sofa salesman from Gimme Gimme Gimme?

Never watched Gimme Gimme Gimme so I've no idea. Actually, he really is my nephew. It'll be obvious coz like me he's drop dead fucking gorgeous. People say we look like twins.

Never watched Gimme Gimme Gimme so I've no idea. Actually, he really is my nephew. It'll be obvious coz like me he's drop dead fucking gorgeous. People say we look like twins.

Like those twins out of the matrix or more fred and george weasley ?

1. Mark

2. Dunce

3. Dave U

4. John G

5. Al

6. Rob

7. Franco Garesi

8. Moe Town

9. Ted

10. Woo

11. Ged

12. Nige