You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwegian football

Captain

Went to see Vålerenga vs Odd Grenland tonight.

Positives:

• The beer was cold and free.
  • The food was free.
  • Fantastic weather.
  • Several hot birds to feast my eyes on.
  • There were two goals.

Negatives:

• The football was shit beyond your wildest nightmares.

In short, it's going to be a long summer until the English league starts again.

Went to see Vålerenga vs Odd Grenland tonight.

Negatives:

• The football was shit beyond your wildest nightmares.

In short, it's going to be a long summer until the English league starts again.

Groundbreaking opinions mate...

The worst thing was losing two points in the 95th minute or whatever. I hate football right now. :wallbutt:

we need pics tho

Sorry mate, I don't think that was the time or place for taking pics of the women present...

Groundbreaking opinions mate...

Hey, if you want groundbreaking opinions, talk to Red Nick!

The worst thing was losing two points in the 95th minute or whatever. I hate football right now. :wallbutt:

Holy Christ, a Vålerenga-supporter. You have all my sympathy, your lot could be going down if they keep that shite going for the rest of the season. Not beating the bottom team with the by far shittest form when you're playing at home is not a good sign.

The difference in quality to the Brann vs Lillestrøm game was staggering imo.

The difference in quality to the Brann vs Lillestrøm game was staggering imo.

My (second) team Lillestrøm played well in the first half, but couldn't finish the game of - then Brann won because they have a real goalscorer up front.

Heard that one before?

Yeah, he plays for Lillestrøm who are desperately trying to win the league but will fail.

Occean is doing well though, scored again yesterday, 5 goals in 9 now.

Could use him at the Gold Cup, we had a little trouble with Guadeloupe. Lost 2-1, but to be fair 9 of their starting 11 play in France and the other is David Sommeil.

As well they had Angloma, a former French international who is eligible becuase he know plays amateur footie on the protecterate.

Moreover, as some of you may or may not know, but Theirry Henry has lineage to Guadeloupe (his Dad was born there I think). There were two Manc lip readers in the crowd and they said one of their players said in French to Stalteri that he wouldn't have to worry aboot Henry in the North London Derby, but would have to worry aboot him at Anfield.

Could use him at the Gold Cup, we had a little trouble with Guadeloupe. Lost 2-1, but to be fair 9 of their starting 11 play in France and the other is David Sommeil.

As well they had Angloma, a former French international who is eligible becuase he know plays amateur footie on the protecterate.

Moreover, as some of you may or may not know, but Theirry Henry has lineage to Guadeloupe (his Dad was born there I think). There were two Manc lip readers in the crowd and they said one of their players said in French to Stalteri that he wouldn't have to worry aboot Henry in the North London Derby, but would have to worry aboot him at Anfield.

Wow, Angloma still playing....he must be 60 now.

41 actually. Scored a cracker of a lob from 35yds out.

Always liked Angloma myself - him and Carboni was still playing in their late

30's for Valencia under Rafa. Wonder how long Finnan can stay at current level? Or Riise for that matter (as the thread is for Norwegian footy after all).

I had money on Valerenga to win.:wallbutt:

And you claim you know anything about the game? ;)

I guess it will comfort you to know that Vålerenga missed a penalty when they led 1-0, and the bottom team Odd ( odd name or what? ) who haven`t scored in 4 or 5 games equalized in the 93 minute with only 10 players after their captain got sent off.

And you claim you know anything about the game? ;)

I guess it will comfort you to know that Vålerenga missed a penalty when they led 1-0, and the bottom team Odd ( odd name or what? ) who haven`t scored in 4 or 5 games equalized in the 93 minute with only 10 players after their captain got sent off.

Story of my life when it comes to bets. Nearly won, happens so many time that one game let's me down with a last minute goal.

• 1 month later...

Norwegian football tonight took a major kick in the balls as Lillestrøm where Frode Kippe is captain got knocked out by European record holders Käerjéng from Luxembourg in the UEFA cup qualifing round.

The record they hold is for having suffered the largest ever aggregate defeat in any UEFA competition when they lost 0-21 to Chelsea in the first round of the Cup winners cup back in 1971 which also was also the last and only time they had played in Europe before.