You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafael Benitez

You do know that it's not compulsory for you to reply to every post I make? It's like having a online stalker! Either you're a weirdo or a very bad WUM.

Seeing as I have never interacted with you outside this thread, where you are spouting a line of reasoning I find completely alien and a little sad (go Chelsea!), I think you may be overrating your own personal allure.

So let me get this right, you have stopped supporting Liverpool because you dont want to support FSG with money, but you want Rafa, the man who allied with Hicks to do well and win things with Chelsea?

Well that makes sense.

I still 'support' Liverpool, I just choose not to pay money to watch the team in person anymore. I make do with the telly and internet streaming. The prices are a joke, and I don't see why I should leave myself short to make businessmen, with questionable intentions, richer. When they start putting their hands in their pockets and stop trying to squeeze every last drop out of fans, then I may reconsider.

With regard to Rafa allying with Hicks, I know very little of what happened behind the scenes. Does anyone? We only know what we've been told through the media. In any case, it's history and something I can't be arsed debating. Alls I know for certain is that I enjoyed Rafa's time as manager, especially beating all and sundry in the Champions League. The 25th of May 2005, in particular was immense.

But it's alright if they're playing the Mancs in a cup game, final, etc?

No, if they are playing the mancs in a cup game then I don't give a shit what happens.

But wanting them to win because you hate the Mancs more is a different prospect to wanting them to win in say the Uefa cup against Fenerbahce or Benfica or whatever.

No, if they are playing the mancs in a cup game then I don't give a shit what happens.

But wanting them to win because you hate the Mancs more is a different prospect to wanting them to win in say the Uefa cup against Fenerbahce or Benfica or whatever.

You see, I don't 'hate' Chelsea. Chelsea, to me, are still the no mark club they always were. Ambramovich's millions may have yielded trophy after trophy but hasn't changed the way I see them.

The dick-head element of their support can sing their horrible songs and boo for all they worth. I couldn't give a toss. As I said, stick and stones. Fuck them.

So, doesn't support Liverpool, wants Chelsea to win everything they're competing for - why are you here? To spread the gospel of Rafa Benitez?

Look, you can't use not going the game as a stick to beat people with when Kop tickets are £40-£45! You would have a point years, but not when you factor in todays prices.

I always want us to win every competition we enter. Now that have been eliminated from them all, I want Rafa to win the FA Cup and Europa League. I like the fella. Also, I don't let Chelsea's twattish supporters rile me to the point whereby I dislike the club as I do, say, Everton.

How the fuck people can still care about Rafael Benitez I do not know. He's nothing to do with us, and hasn't been for some time. Move on, mentalists.

they will stop care when we get a top manager and start to challenge for some trophies, like last season.

When the findings of the Hillsborough committee was released every game after it held a minutes silence.

Every clubs supporters even Uniteds paid respects to Liverpools fans who lost there lives.

Except one clubs that being the club Benitez is at now.

Any other club in the world apart from a couple I would wis h the guy all the luck in the world as he deserves it.

That club is one of the few that no Liverpool supporter should ever want to do well.

No person is bigger than club.

You do know that it's not compulsory for you to reply to every post I make? It's like having a online stalker! Either you're a weirdo or a very bad WUM.

a) Rafa, not Chelsea. I couldn't give a shite about Chelsea either way. I did say I wanted Rafa to win things, only if it wasn't to Liverpool's detriment. Reading and understanding posts doesn't seem to be your strong point.

b) I'm not the only one.

c) Let's get this right. You're giving me shit for deciding that I'm not willing to give American businessmen, who bought the club to make themselves richer, my money. People who are happy to squeeze every last drop out of the fans. Respect to all those who still go the game, but I refuse to give them £40-£45 to watch my team. I stopped going when it became apparent what Hicks and Gillett were and haven't been back since. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

So, you don't actually 'support' Liverpool at all then. You just take a bit of interest in their results, just like you do with Chelsea's. That's why your opinion on anything related to LFC is not only ill-informed, but irrelevant. Perhaps you could contribute to by knitting your own half and half Liverpool/Chelsea scarf and waving it in front of your TV.

So, you don't actually 'support' Liverpool at all then. You just take a bit of interest in their results, just like you do with Chelsea's. That's why your opinion on anything related to LFC is not only ill-informed, but irrelevant. Perhaps you could contribute to by knitting your own half and half Liverpool/Chelsea scarf and waving it in front of your TV.

Behave, Stringy. Everyone on here is a match going Red? I doubt it. Kop

tickets are now £40-£45, which is a joke. Football was once a working class game, now, it's how much club owners can extract from fans. It gets to the point where people are priced out. Using non attendance of games in this day and age as a stick to beat people with is a cunt's trick.

Behave, Stringy. Everyone on here is a match going Red? I doubt it. Kop

tickets are now £40-£45, which is a joke. Football was once a working class game, now, it's how much cob owners can extract from fans. It gets the point where people are priced out. Using non attendance of games on this basis as a stick to beat people with is a cunt's trick.

Were you ever a regular? I can understand and fully sympathise with people who have been priced out of attending regularly - it's a fucking crime what they're charging - but what gets my goat is people who have never been, or have been a handful of times, spouting shite while refusing to attend the match.

You are making it sound like you've taken a conscious decision not to attend while we have American owners. You've opted out. Which is fine too, as long as you realise you've opted out of supporting the team to an extent as well. Because you're not supporting them, unless you're standing outside the ground cheering them on during home games, or attending aways. Some people who follow us have no option - they can't afford it, or they live in a different country, but they would love to go given the chance. You've got an issue with the owners, presumably because they won't touch Benitez, so you choose to follow the games from a distance. Would you go if they employed Benitez?