You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Simon mullock you cunt

shouter

There after us again.

GERRARD'S RAFARIFT

WORLD EXCLUSIVE Skipper's future in the balance

By Simon Mullock

STEVEN GERRARD'S future at Liverpool is hanging in the balance, with the Anfield captain growing increasingly unhappy with life under Rafa Benitez.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal the strained relationship between Gerrard and Benitez is now close to breaking point.

Gerrard publicly insists that he is happy to play anywhere in Benitez's tactical system.

But privately, he feels his poor form this season is down to the Spaniard's insistence that he plays wide on the right of midfield, while Xabi Alonso and Momo Sissoko play in his favourite central position. Gerrard is prepared to put his preference to one side for England - but feels his talent is going to waste at Anfield.

Benitez, who has insisted he will not quit Liverpool, now faces a third fight to keep the £30m-rated midfielder at his home-town club. Gerrard looked destined for Chelsea after Euro 2004, but was persuaded by Benitez when the Spaniard arrived at Anfield from Valencia.

Twelve months later he asked for a transfer after becoming frustrated by the lack of progress regarding new contract talks - but changed he mind again.

Advertisement

But at the age of 26, he feels he may have to move on to realise his potential.

Print article Email to a friend

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He goes to Real Madrid and then Rafa leaves a season after... it all make senses if you ask me.

At this stage I could'nt give a fuck if Gerrard leaves. He's a sulky cunt. Always looks fuckin depressed and moody. If he wants to leave lets take the money and run. Rafa will spend it well. We dont need sulky moody muppets in he team.

have we learned nothing this week or is this to be yet another week on TLW of Gerrard is a cock Rafa is a numpty. FFS we won yesterday the media are trying to divide the ranks how many times has gerrard and Rafa got to say the boy is happy to play whereever he's required before we start believing it.

Ok some will say no smoke without fire but come on when hack journo's have the matches then .......

Rafa just spoken to Radio 5 - no problems with Gerrard, really surprised to see these stories, speaking with Gerrard all the time and they have same idea about the side, not for sale under any circumstances, plan is for him to score loads of goals this season and for many years to come at Liverpool.

Rafa just spoken to Radio 5 - no problems with Gerrard, really surprised to see these stories, speaking with Gerrard all the time and they have same idea about the side, not for sale under any circumstances, plan is for him to score loads of goals this season and for many years to come at Liverpool.

Also on the offal

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N153919061029-1017.htm

and from Sky -

Rafa won't sell Stevie

By Tom Adams - Created on 29 Oct 2006

Rafa Benitez has declared that he will never sell Steven Gerrard amidst reports that the England midfielder is unsettled with his role at Liverpool.

Speculation has been rife on Merseyside that the Reds captain is unhappy with Benitez's infamous rotation scheme, and that Gerrard is keen to move back into a central position after being exiled to the right wing to accommodate Mohamed Sissoko and Xabi Alonso in recent times.

The England star has even been linked with Spanish titans Real Madrid, after twice turning down Chelsea in the past, but Benitez has now moved to calm fans' fears regarding the future of the Anfield hero.

The Spaniard claims he would never countenance selling Gerrard and that the reigning PFA Player of the Year remains 'key' to his plans on Merseyside.

"I will never sell Steven Gerrard," Benitez told the Sunday Mirror.

"The last time we had this question I supported Steve.

"I told him I wanted to see him at Liverpool for a very long time, winning lots of trophies. My ideas on that have not changed.

"He is a great player and I want to build my team around him.

"I want to win things with Liverpool and I want Steven Gerrard to be a part of that success. He is vital to us.

"I am clear on this. He is key to what I want at Liverpool."

Regarding Gerrard's positioning, Benitez insists that the right-sided role gives the captain more freedom to surge forward and score goals.

The midfielder has publicly stated he is happy to play anywhere for the team, despite reports of private unease, and Benitez believes the Huyton-born star is content with his current role.

"We have three very good players in Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Momo Sissoko. I play Steven on the right when I want him to have freedom," Benitez continued.

"Last season he scored 23 goals for us because the role on the right also gives him the freedom to come inside.

"If I feel that we have an option which means Steven must play in the centre then I will use it.

"Last season, when we won 11 games in a row, no one was bothered that Steven was playing wide on the right.

"When we won the Champions League, he was basically playing right back for us. No one criticised or questioned me then.

"The very best players are happy if they are giving something to the team - and I would say that Steven is happy despite what others are trying to suggest."

These constant attempts at unsettling Gerrard are getting beyond a joke now. The club should ban all but the local press from Anfield until they stop this shit.

Why? Your national press has proved on a number of occasions that they don't need facts or actual quotes to come up with an "exclusive".

At this stage I could'nt give a fuck if Gerrard leaves. He's a sulky cunt. Always looks fuckin depressed and moody. If he wants to leave lets take the money and run. Rafa will spend it well. We dont need sulky moody muppets in he team.

Go down to the shops, by a big fresh fish and then kick your head in with it.

These "journalists" are utterly shameless, aren't they? How do these fuckers look themselves in the mirror? These tabloid twats haven't got an ounce of integrity or decency between them, yet they'll sit pontificating about the state of the game on Sky whilst discussing made up shite that does it more damage than anything money has ever done. Fucking scum.

There after us again.

GERRARD'S RAFARIFT

WORLD EXCLUSIVE Skipper's future in the balance

By Simon Mullock

STEVEN GERRARD'S future at Liverpool is hanging in the balance, with the Anfield captain growing increasingly unhappy with life under Rafa Benitez.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal the strained relationship between Gerrard and Benitez is now close to breaking point.

Gerrard publicly insists that he is happy to play anywhere in Benitez's tactical system.

But privately, he feels his poor form this season is down to the Spaniard's insistence that he plays wide on the right of midfield, while Xabi Alonso and Momo Sissoko play in his favourite central position. Gerrard is prepared to put his preference to one side for England - but feels his talent is going to waste at Anfield.

Benitez, who has insisted he will not quit Liverpool, now faces a third fight to keep the £30m-rated midfielder at his home-town club. Gerrard looked destined for Chelsea after Euro 2004, but was persuaded by Benitez when the Spaniard arrived at Anfield from Valencia.

Twelve months later he asked for a transfer after becoming frustrated by the lack of progress regarding new contract talks - but changed he mind again.

Advertisement

But at the age of 26, he feels he may have to move on to realise his potential.

Print article Email to a friend

*YAWN* :whatever: