You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

half time from the ressies (1-1)

DT

The half time score away at Sunderland is 1-1.

The reds started the game on top and had three good chances.

Paul Anderson had a shot saved by the keeper in the third minute after latching onto a great ball from Adam Hammill.

Minutes later, Anderson got to the byline and pulled the ball back to Jack Hobbs whose shot from close range went wide.

Danny Guthrie then robbed the ball off a defender in the box but with no one to square it to attempted a shot from the narrowest of angles. It was saved.

After 19 minutes, Sunderland went ahead completely against the run of play when their centre forward scored from a free header after a cross from their right wing.

Five minutes later the keeper fumbled Guthrie's freekick. Jack Hobbs was first to the loose ball, but toepoked it just wide.

On 36 minutes came the equaliser from a swift counterattacking move. Paul Anderson beat the fullback to the ball in the air and headed it onto Robbie Foy whpo was in a 2 on 1 situation. He squared it to Hammill, who took one touch and sidefooted it in to level the score.

The reds line up:

David Martin

- - -

RB Antonio Barragan

LB James Smith

CB Miki Roque

CB Danny O'Donnell

RW Paul Anderson

LW Adam Hammill

CM Lee Peltier

CM Jack Hobbs

AM Danny Guthrie

CF Robbie Foy

Lee Tomlin is on the bench again and is expected to come on shortly.

Thanks for the update, the offal can't be bothered with the reserves any more.

Oh I don't know. They have a camera man and a journalist at every reserves game.

Obviously, their coverage still isn't as good as ours.... ;)

Must admit really enjoy looking at the Reserves team line up now. Raffa has worked wonders there. No more thirty and forty grand a week shite players who cant be arsed. It is now packed with young talent, must be six or seven in that side no more than seventeen.

Yep, we lost 2-1. Just got off the phone with Dave.

It was a pen after 81 minutes when David Martin was adjudged to have tripped the forward. Hughie McAuley was furious afterwards and felt it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Lee Tomlin came on and played 25 minutes without doing much, but apparently didn't get much service.

Godwin Antwi also came on up front with five minutes to go.

All in all a very poor second half by the reds.

It does my head in the way in order to watch the match you have to have a flippin e-season ticket and (no offence) but gets frustrating the way you guys don't put any more pictures at the end of match reports anymore! Ah well not to worry!

I went to the game. We were head and shoulders better than them in 1st half with some really good passing and interplay. Anderson and Hammill down the flanks really looked good and Peltier was using the ball very intelligently. Their goal as the offal says was completely against the run of play but we scored a good goal moving the ball well from side to side of the pitch, again Anderson and Hammill combining well.

Second half things deteriorated. Sunderland rough housed it and the ref booked 1 or 2 of them but let a lot of physical challenges go. Anderson really lost his rag with the linesman and I heard him say 'this match is a fucking joke'. Which was probably overstating it but the ref was poor. The penalty was a bad decision but not a surprise, it was a collision but the ref gave into the crowd.

To be fair the good midfield play never really resulted in many chances and we were light up front. Foy, Tomlin and Calliste looked light to me. Not sure about barragan either, he looks out of sorts and Hobbs gave him a few sharp reminders.

Unfair result, scrappy game but some promise down the flanks. hammill definitely MotM.

It does my head in the way in order to watch the match you have to have a flippin e-season ticket and (no offence) but gets frustrating the way you guys don't put any more pictures at the end of match reports anymore! Ah well not to worry!

That's because we're such amateurs the photos we take are often extremely poor!

That's because we're such amateurs the photos we take are often extremely poor!

I no, i mean don't worry about them having to be extremely quality but at the start of the season there were pictures of all the new players but now, if anyone doesn't get the chance to get to go to any reserve games, then they'll have no idea what half the players look like because .tv can't be arsed putting pictures on their own official website, thats why i love this one, its so up to date with youth and reserve news and also player profiles etc so would be nice if you could just put whatever pictures you do take up on the net

I no, i mean don't worry about them having to be extremely quality but at the start of the season there were pictures of all the new players but now, if anyone doesn't get the chance to get to go to any reserve games, then they'll have no idea what half the players look like because .tv can't be arsed putting pictures on their own official website, thats why i love this one, its so up to date with youth and reserve news and also player profiles etc so would be nice if you could just put whatever pictures you do take up on the net

Thanks for the positive comments mate. I'll be giving Dave a load of my photos from this season, and I'm sure with the upcoming photo gallery, there will be a variety of academy and reserve photos on here at some point soon-ish.

Thanks for the positive comments mate. I'll be giving Dave a load of my photos from this season, and I'm sure with the upcoming photo gallery, there will be a variety of academy and reserve photos on here at some point soon-ish.

No worries, i've been coming on this site ever since one of the lads from my school started playing for Liverpool (he's now been released) and its been really interesting being able to see photo's from reserve and youth matches of the team i love that im sure the majority of true reds fans didn't no anything about, hearing about up and coming players in both youth and reserves that im sure alot of red fans didn't even no played for their team so thanks for all of that, and keep up the quality work! this is the best unnofficial liverpool site there is!

We're no longer allowed to take photo's at Academy matches

Why's that Dave? I read in a photography magazine a couple of months back about loads of people getting aggro for taking pictures of their own kids at playgrounds/school etc because other parents suspected them of being peados.

It's nothing like this is it? Or are the club just being arsey?

It's nothing like this is it? Or are the club just being arsey?

Bit of both really. There's some child protection law which was quoted to me by a fella who works at the academy. You have to have some kind of certificate in order to take pictures. I can understand that to a point if you're talking about kids under 14/15, but these lads are all 17/18, and a lot of them come on the site to read the reports. I know quite a lot of the players dads too and none of them have any problem with it.

It's fucking stupid, but that's the way it is and unless I write to Frank Skelly and get permission from him then I can't take pics at the academy anymore.

Bit of both really. There's some child protection law which was quoted to me by a fella who works at the academy. You have to have some kind of certificate in order to take pictures. I can understand that to a point if you're talking about kids under 14/15, but these lads are all 17/18, and a lot of them come on the site to read the reports. I know quite a lot of the players dads too and none of them have any problem with it.

It's fucking stupid, but that's the way it is and unless I write to Frank Skelly and get permission from him then I can't take pics at the academy anymore.

Why not write the letter then. Or didn't you think of that? ;)

Guest tactics truck

Yes you can't groom them or anything its really frustrating. I've a right mind to write to them myself....

Why not write the letter then. Or didn't you think of that? ;)

Couldn't be arsed. I've got plenty of pictures of all of this years squad anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I'll probably write to him over the summer to see how things are for next season.

Couldn't be arsed. I've got plenty of pictures of all of this years squad anyway so it wasn't a big deal. I'll probably write to him over the summer to see how things are for next season.

Yeah, don't want to tire yourself out now, not with all that Trisha you have to watch in the day like.