You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crouch signed for £6.5M!!!

Guest Iceman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, I think he's going to surprise a lot of people. Dave, do you think theres any chance we could get him tomorrow for a big press conference?

we now have Morientes, Croucn, Pongo and Cisse all different types of strikers which to use a rafa saying gives us very good options

Guest jenecroispas
we now have Morientes, Croucn, Pongo and Cisse all different types of strikers which to use a rafa saying gives us very good options

what about Baros? or Mellor?

What have Schevchenko and Crouch got in common?

The only players this season to make Carragher look uncomfortable.

Let's give the guy a chance.He's probably not coming to replace Baros but Mellor.If Baros goes,we'll buy Kuyt or another striker.

What have Schevchenko and Crouch got in common?

The only players this season to make Carragher look uncomfortable.

Let's give the guy a chance.He's probably not coming to replace Baros but Mellor.If Baros goes,we'll buy Kuyt or another striker.

I don't agree with the last part aws. I don't think we'd pay £7.5 million for a replacement for our fourth placed striker.

Are we presuming Morientes and Cisse are first choice, with Baros next in the pecking order? If we get an Aimar-type link player, we may well play only 1 striker up front at times. £7.5m is alot to pay for anyone who is not gonna be first choice...

Bottle at a dropzone club is one thing, bottle at a club like Liverpool with your every move under the microscope is an entirely different kettle of fish. He's a player of limited ability and ridicoulously overpriced.

Agree about the overpriced thing but that's not our fault is it? That's the ridiculous price you pay for any English player whatsoever these. And yes, bottle at a dropzone club is different to bottle at Liverpool, but he's not Heskey, who hardly had the guts to take penalties. He's a player who's overcome public ridicule to become a possible signing for the European Champions, so up to now he's done extremely well for himself. Who knows, it may all go wrong for him here; he may fall on his ass or he may not, but it's harsh in the extreme to judge him and his character before he even pulls on a shirt.

Making a comparison thats all.

7.5 million could buy you, it seems, a player who has had a six month purple patch or a player who has been the second top scorer in the prem over the last 2 (3?) seasons.

Loads of Yakubus goals have been penalties and he's to similar to Cisse and Baros or do you not understand that bit?

And crouch is similar to Morientes minus the talent.

PS: Penalties aren't goals then?

So then our 4 main strikers will be 2 of each instead of 3 strikers of similar style. Thanks for proving my point. Cheers.

Of course penalties are goals but seeing as you constantly ridicule Andy Johnson for it it's a bit hypocritical to start using that argument now. No wonder they think you're a prick on YNWA

So is my life meant to stop?

Blimey we agree on something.

There are bodies strewn across cities around the world every day, there's no doubt a thread in the GF discussing the attacks at the moment, this however is the football forum and we're discussing football.

Not entirely sure what the problem is Moschop.

Blimey we agree on something.

There are bodies strewn across cities around the world every day, there's no doubt a thread in the GF discussing the attacks at the moment, this however is the football forum and we're discussing football.

Not entirely sure what the problem is Moschop.

Exactly, 100s probably 1000s die in Africa daily no one mentions that constantly. Im sorry people have lost their lives today and my thoughts are wih the familys, if I could press a button to bring them back I would but I cant. My life isnt going to be affected so im carrying on as normal

I asked Mellor about Crouch the other week. Not as part of the interview, just in conversation. I thought he might be a bit pissed off about it, but he was really upbeat and said he thinks Crouch is a very good player and he'd be happy to see him come here.