You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crouch signed for £6.5M!!!

Guest Iceman

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You come in here and question the wisdom of Rafa, Dave U, and now ... Carra ? :no

ten mucho cuidado companyero :whistle:

Actually if I was given a choice then i'd probably choose Kuyt, that doesn't mean I question someone else's judgement or wisdom. It just means its simply my opinion and also the fact i'm no manager (even shit at Football manager LOL) therefore wtf do I know? I'm sure Rafa has done his homework and I will respect Crouch if/when he signs. If we sign both then i'd be made up but somehow I don't think that's going to happen. I just feel that Kuyt is going to be an awesome player in years to come, probably more that Crouch but again wtf do I know compared to Rafa's profound wisdom!

Guest seven

Can I just say one thing. Something you have all neglected to adhere. 16 goals in 25 games for Southampton. 16 goals in 25 games for a club that got relegated.

Despite everything else, that should be enough for us to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Can I just say one thing. Something you have all neglected to adhere. 16 goals in 25 games for Southampton. 16 goals in 25 games for a club that got relegated.

Despite everything else, that should be enough for us to give him the benefit of the doubt.

On that basis, let's try and sign Beattie, Philips and Rickets

Does anyone on here think we'd be signing Crouch if The Ego had left for £35m+

damn shame the prick is still here imo.

I ain't kocking Crouch liek. Since We've been linked I've seena a bit more of him and he's certainly not a bad player and he will deffo offer something different, but when i think we got shut of Owen for £8m...

Guest seven
On that basis, let's try and sign Beattie, Philips and Rickets

I don't remember any of those clubs being relegated when they scored 20+ goals. In FACT, none of their respective clubs were.

Would any of us feel similarily aggrieved if we signed Andy Johnson?

He scored half of his goals from the spot. And played more games for Palace.

Now I'm just trying to put some perspective and rationality on this signing. I was aghast when I heard we were interested. I'm just trying to be optimistic, its my nature. I don't think any single player has given our team such a hammering as Crouch did at St. Mary's. Plus if Rafa deems him good enough, who are we to disagree. I doubt any of us are in the same league as Rafa when it comes to ability to assess a players..er, ability.

The more I think about it the more I begin to like Crouchie. He will become a cult hero, guaranteed. The high price is perhaps a reflection of his standing within the game.

Does anyone on here think we'd be signing Crouch if The Ego had left for £35m+

damn shame the prick is still here imo.

I ain't kocking Crouch liek. Since We've been linked I've seena a bit more of him and he's certainly not a bad player and he will deffo offer something different, but when i think we got shut of Owen for £8m...

You go and get all yer the correct, then go talking about kocking crouch liek, do you think this is this a new form of typo you've picked up since you've been away, while the previous one has been cured ? :tease:

yeah, he looks like a big lanky freak, but most of all I like the way, when he runs, he does a kind of spacker impression wih his claws.

*makes mong noise and curls hands in spazzy Crouch style*

*runs*

Just soiled myself laughing ;)