You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Capeling: getting twitchy are we?

Kopite

Why is it the local bitters in the press are always giving their opinions on us?

I have yet to read anything on the sh*te by the likes of Chris Bascombe.

Is there an unwritten law that bitters like Capeling and Prentice can slag us off, but don't dare do the same to Everton?

The paper that speaks up for Merseyside my a*se, unless it's the bitter blue half.

PSYCHOLOGICAL warfare from Rafael Benitez? Bit late for that, isn't it?
What is he on about? Rafa has probably made the fewest headlines of all the managers in the PL this season. He hardly ever comment on other teams or players (or refs). The "our team is better than Everton"-comment probably was answer to a direct question like "So do you belive Everton has a better team than Liverpool" Answer: "No.".

Never mind them two - he wants to shut his own mouth the bitter c**t.

Thats one of the most shoddy examples of 'journalism' i've seen in a very long time.

As Col points out, you never see CB commenting on the blues, so why do they have to talk about us?

They are obsessed bless them

I heard somewhere that if Everton finish 4th and we win the European Cup, they have to forfeit their CL place because we'd be automatically entered into it as reigning champions.

Dunno if there's any truth in that, but it would make a 5th place finish for us soooooo sweet.

I heard somewhere that if Everton finish 4th and we win the European Cup, they have to forfeit their CL place because we'd be automatically entered into it as reigning champions.

Dunno if there's any truth in that, but it would make a 5th place finish for us soooooo sweet.

Fact. Only four teams from England get places. If we finish below 4th and win, then the top three clubs are entered, plus as Cup holders we are entered. That's why Moyes wants to 'look up the table' because he knows Istanbul will be our Turkish Delight.

I'm not arsed what they think, but there remains a chance that they will finish above us. It's what would come afterward which would rile me beyond belief.

They just wouldn't shut up about it and there wouldn't be much we could say back to them would there?

Obviously we could point out a million reasons why we are a better club etc, but losing out on fourth could seriously damage the club.

It's not going to happen. They've no experience of being where they are in a finish like this. When I say they've no experience, I mean the playing staff. You can be too up for something and that can be as bad as not being up for it at all. When you get too up for something you give away fouls, kick the ball out of fear. That's what is happening, they are already shitting it.

It's not going to happen. They've no experience of being where they are in a finish like this. When I say they've no experience, I mean the playing staff. You can be too up for something and that can be as bad as not being up for it at all. When you get too up for something you give away fouls, kick the ball out of fear. That's what is happening, they are already shitting it.

Just ask Keegan if you can be too up for it sometimes, I think he'll agree with you on that.

As for the 'article', a man just spouting off and getting paid for it. I particularly like the comeback he offers for Moyes to throw back at Rafa,

"To answer Benitez's jibes about Liverpool having better players, Moyes, if he had a mind to, might say those so-called superstars haven't shown much to frighten the rest of the Premiership this season."

how sharp, sounds to me a bit like "I know you are, but what am I?"

Oh my god. It'd almost be worth finishing below just to be able to laugh about that for decades to come. I mean, if you think they're bitter now, imagine how bad they'd be if that happened!