You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Proud Parent. My son is running the London Marathon

Champ

1 hour ago, Champ said:

I’ve never seen anyone more relaxed in my life as he headed out this morning.

Thanks again for all your kind words and encouragement 

Hope he smashes it enjoys himself, as the guys above say, all the pain is in the training! Have a great day down there.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Yeah it is one big buzz all day. Overwhelming almost.

3:37:36 nice negative split from the lad, well done!

I dreamed of negative splits.

For non runners he finished in 3:37:36

So pleased for him 

• Upvote 8

Not too late to say thank you?

Tell you what, going back to work today was a bit of a come down from Sunday. Sometimes you build something up and then it happens and it doesn't quite match expectations but if it were possible that about exceeded mine. Some of the scenes at Cutty Sark and going over Tower Bridge. Just wow, was getting quite emotional.

Really was some day. Already have my name down for next year. A boy can dream...

Chuffed with 3:37. Decent benchmark, definitely think I've got more in me. Apparently I wasn't tired enough at the end, eh mum?!

Enough about me. Your donations have helped to raise over £2000(!!) for some really, really worthwhile causes. I wasn't sure if I had enough friends to get to 1000 never mind 2, so to raise more money than the year is just incredible. Huge, huge thanks to family, friends and football fans! The donations and messages were inspiring and I really do appreciate them, thank you once again.

• Upvote 5