You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

20 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

And United get Coventry in the semis, another kick in the swingers!

At least the blue mancs have another tough game right after the champions league 2md leg, they've struggled with Chelsea lately who are going to be up for making another final and putting their Wembley curse to bed. 

Could be the difference come the end of the season. 

Fret not, the treble is still on my friends. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Moo said:

Next year? What about the matches coming up this year?  We're about to go into the most important set of fixtures of many a season and if losing today, against them lot and in the manner we did, gives us even half a percent more chance of winning the league I would take it every single time.

If we wanted to focus on the league then don't play such a strong team...especially over 120 mins.

I wanna win stuff. Today was a great chance to go through to a cup semi.

Just now, Jennings said:

If we wanted to focus on the league then don't play such a strong team...especially over 120 mins.

I agree, I said Jürgen picked the wrong team today, imo.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, niallers said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1878566/Liverpool-Jurgen-Klopp-Man-Utd-FA-Cu

Marvellous. More injuries. Dunno how severe and less hope they're not serious but still. Just rubs salt in the wounds

I mean, all this does is prove the approach was correct in trying to manage the game. If these are real injuries and no one can stay fit, there is no point in trying to blow United out in a cup game. 

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

It's not just on here though, it's all over the shop. Always best to keep your mouth shut about dishing  out hidings prior to a game lest you end up with egg over your coupon 

So then we just discuss how shite we were today and we'll never get anywhere or we just don't say anything and close it all down?

Just now, Smell The Glove said:

So then we just discuss how shite we were today and we'll never get anywhere or we just don't say anything and close it all down?

Not at all.

I just can't get the mentality of going into difficult fixtures talking about how we are going to obliterate the opposition or whatever. I think we, as a fanbase have egg all over our face today.

It's probably always going to happen though, I'll always moan about it and seemingly you'll get on my back about moaning about it.

• Upvote 1

I do understand why people are pissed off today but I just can't bring myself to feel strongly about this defeat.  I feel much more annoyed over the choice of starting 11.  Seriously, if you offered me a 75% (vs 0%) chance of winning the FA Cup this season, or a 33% (vs 32%) chance of winning the league I'd take the latter. Fine margins and all that.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

Not at all.

I just can't get the mentality of going into difficult fixtures talking about how we are going to obliterate the opposition or whatever. I think we, as a fanbase have egg all over our face today.

It's probably always going to happen though, I'll always moan about it and seemingly you'll get on my back about moaning about it.

Not at all. This isn't twitter  Its like minded people giving their opinions. I thought we'd win easy today. I was wrong. We should have easily won, I was kind of right. I'm fucking pissed off but I don't understand why people can't have an opinion and discuss. It's what the whole thing is about. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TheSire said:

Fuck off you hysterical fanny. He's been great all season, the whole team were making stupid decisions late on. Fuck all to do with blaming one player.

Hysterical? Blaming one player? Don’t think so mate. You absolute top level tool. I made an observation, didn’t ‘blame’ him & i’m far from hysterical. You prick   

2 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Not at all. This isn't twitter  Its like minded people giving their opinions. I thought we'd win easy today. I was wrong. We should have easily won, I was kind of right. I'm fucking pissed off but I don't understand why people can't have an opinion and discuss. It's what the whole thing is about. 

Fair enough mate, no point going round in circles.

The whole thing just defied reason. Time and again this weird Mr Egg Head fake villain escapee from some second rate comic strip gets to be portrayed as some kind of evil genius without actually doing anything at all. They're shite and yet, once again, we contrived to hand them a victory. Do many of our players even know that much about the mancs? I doubt it. So why do they start these games with such a sense of anxiety? We had more than enough chances to destroy them and all of them wasted. 

• Upvote 1

We let them off the hook, they're absolutely shite. No discipline, no gameplan, they just hit it long and took their chances. We dilly dallied and got sucker punched a few times.

I'm bothered but far from distraught, we could and should have won. Shit happens.

I'll heartened though that their demise as a big club is seemingly complete. They looked like they'd won the world cup tonight. Every corner won a winning goal at the San Siro in a European Cup final. The press too, talking up their plucky underdog spirit. Front page of the Mirror will just be a shot of them celebrating and the word "heroes" above them.

It's like when a kid with special needs paints a giraffe and it doesn't look like a dog. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 10

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

We let them off the hook, they're absolutely shite. No discipline, no gameplan, they just hit it long and took their chances. We dilly dallied and got sucker punched a few times.

I'm bothered but far from distraught, we could and should have won. Shit happens.

I'll heartened though that their demise as a big club is seemingly complete. They looked like they'd won the world cup tonight. Every corner won a winning goal at the San Siro in a European Cup final. The press too, talking up their plucky underdog spirit. Front page of the Mirror will just be a shot of them celebrating and the word "heroes" above them.

It's like when a kid with special needs paints a giraffe and it doesn't look like a dog. 

Ten Hag Master Class incoming. Oh do fuck off!

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

Gakpo is not good enough for this club. It’s becoming so obvious now. That pass when we had 5 versus 2 epitomised his game. Time to let him go. 

Nah he's sound. It's hard for the lad as he's always in and out and playing different positions.

27 minutes ago, Mook said:

Careful not to tar all of us with that brush. Plenty of us knew that playing Manchester United at Old Trafford in the only competition they have left would be a challenging situation.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

And United get Coventry in the semis, another kick in the swingers!

Coventry will do them, it'll be the reverse of this where United will think they just have to turn up and Coventry will just keep going at them.