You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

21 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Dean, I think it's him, saying  on Sky that Oliver believed he got the ball first, VAR looked, confirmed he got the ball first so therefore that was that. 

Surely VAR should be saying, yes he got the ball but it was reckless, have a look. 

It's bollocks, next week, get the ball but follow through is enough to give foul, as it correctly should be, according to refs that game/week/specific incident. 

He doesn't win the ball first though. It comes off MacAllister's chest, onto Doku's leg then up into the air. VAR would have seen that, but chose for whatever reason to avoid sending Oliver to the screen.

On 10/03/2024 at 19:39, Caramac said:

IGTc31A.gif

8 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I reckon a lengthy conference for all the PL refs in Abu Dhabi after the season ends needs to be arranged. Let them discuss all of this through in a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere, regroup and set a good strategy for next season.

Hookers on tap too I bet.

5 hours ago, magicrat said:

Furious about the pen decision at the end . VAR just bottled it and came up with a very weak argument for not overturning Oliver’s spineless decision to pass it upstairs. Apart from that we came out with heads held high after a miserable first half that could , perhaps should, have seen the Saudis out of sight. Just a pity Diaz couldn’t have finished one of his chances and secured the win in the end we fully deserved. Still well in the frame for the title.

Atwell & Oliver just bottled it.

11 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

You can be stood on the goal line. And the ball could be on the outside of the quadrant I guess and slightly played forward to then near post. But I always thought though the rule was just you can't be offside from a corner, just as you can't from a throw in. 

You cant be offside from a corner kick,a goal kick or a throw. They are part of the Laws of The Game.

Michael Oliver,Darren England and Dan Cook all with a nice midweek paid trip to tbe UAE. 

Arrive back on Friday morning

Saturday

Oliver gives no red card for this

Sunday

Cook and England on VAR and we play Spurs away. They demand Curtis tackle I relooked at and only show contact not the foot sliding over the ball and then disallow Diaz goal. 

A week later Oliver intervenes to give City the softest of penalties in against the red mancs

Don't like conspiracies much but when it quacks

Them officials have taken money from Cities owners and have given decisions that benefit them all season. Even if its not a bribe its influencing them to not bite the hand that's feeds them

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Dean, I think it's him, saying  on Sky that Oliver believed he got the ball first, VAR looked, confirmed he got the ball first so therefore that was that. 

Surely VAR should be saying, yes he got the ball but it was reckless, have a look. 

It's bollocks, next week, get the ball but follow through is enough to give foul, as it correctly should be, according to refs that game/week/specific incident. 

That “ he got the ball first” is a load of shite . Take a look at the pen given in the Bournemouth - Sheff Utd game . Player gets the ball and follow through gets the man . Penalty given , no argument against given . I was surprised that ref watch on Sky all 3 concluded that Oliver should have given a pen.

12 hours ago, The wanderer said:

Hearing they’re straggling band of supporters are unhappy with chants about Foden’s ma. Couldn’t hear it on telly so must have been in the Anny road end.

I couldn't hear anything from the Lower Kenny (apart from constant & very loud songs about conquering Europe and fields and our Centre Half, etc).

26 minutes ago, dave u said:

Content like this is so much more insightful than the shite served up by the TV channels with their gobshite pundits who are paid fortunes for their opinion which turns out is just designed to get a reaction from people online and therefore garner clicks and advertising revenue. 
I actively dislike everything about the sport now. 
Yesterday was a belting game of football utterly ruined by that decision at the end and nobody has the balls to call it out for what it is. 

Fuck off. I’m still pissed off about it now. 

The bullshit justification of it all just makes it worse “he got a touch on the ball first” when everyone has seen that a) he probably didn’t and b) that hasn’t mattered in dozens of decisions already this season.

Just call it for what it is - Oliver didn’t give it and the VAR didn’t send him to look at it, because they both shit out of the decision as it was in the last minute.

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

The bullshit justification of it all just makes it worse “he got a touch on the ball first” when everyone has seen that a) he probably didn’t and b) that hasn’t mattered in dozens of decisions already this season.

Just call it for what it is - Oliver didn’t give it and the VAR didn’t send him to look at it, because they both shit out of the decision as it was in the last minute.

That mantra of "he got the ball first" is the reason I went to look up the actual rules.  Turns out I had remembered correctly: the definition of what is or isn't a foul makes fuck all reference to who got the ball.

3 hours ago, Torvald Utne said:

Not that I watch the shit sport of rugby but don't they have a big screen where the assistant shows the play for the ref to review without having to toddle off to a pissy little monitor? Would speed things up a lot and have the ref make the call instead of the var assistant.

* Bin it off altogether would be my preference but how it is now clearly doesn't work

In rugby, you have a team of people working openly to make sure the decision is right. In football, you have a team of people working secretly to make sure the referee is right.  

• Upvote 11

Let's assume nothing untoward is going on,  the perception its giving is shocking and the PGMOL and Webb should be made to answer some serious questions. 

Whatever is going on at these jolleys it needs to stop immediately .

3 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

He doesn't win the ball first though. It comes off MacAllister's chest, onto Doku's leg then up into the air. VAR would have seen that, but chose for whatever reason to avoid sending Oliver to the screen.

And we all know what that reason was!

4 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I've no issue with the refs missing things. Sure isn't that was var was brought in to help. 

But the fact the silly fucks in the var room don't want to overtuen the on field referees decision. That's the problem. 

Spineless fucking cunts. 

If that was me, and I'm the var guy, I'm looking at it and just point blankly saying. 

"that's a penalty, he's kicked him in the chest" 

Not all this "eh, you might want to look at the monitor" bollox. 

No, it's a pen, just fucking give it. Simple as fucking that

I'd be more than happy if the VAR simply just pointed out to Oliver "you do know the defenders studs landed forcefully in the middle of the attackers chest. ". There should never be a time when studding someone in the middle of the chest isn't a foul. Those simple words would force Oliver to give a pen.. but none of the refs.csre about getting to the right decision. The care about protecting each other, they care about being seen as it's their game, they want to remind all the participants, there'd be no game without them. 

34 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That mantra of "he got the ball first" is the reason I went to look up the actual rules.  Turns out I had remembered correctly: the definition of what is or isn't a foul makes fuck all reference to who got the ball.

Is right

33 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Maybe even any other time of the match it would have been a pen; dicksplash just shit the bed.

I said it yesterday - I am convinced that had that Doku incident on Macca happened say even 5 mins before full time that a pen is given.

The useless officials have bottled giving it us in "100th min of 98" as a direct reaction to the bullshit that surrounded our goal against the scabs last week...at almost the same time and in supposed controversial circumstances...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Let's assume nothing untoward is going on,  the perception its giving is shocking and the PGMOL and Webb should be made to answer some serious questions. 

Whatever is going on at these jolleys it needs to stop immediately .

The issue for me is the English press. They are petrified of the narrative that there may be corruption amongst referees. The know a very large and vocal part of the English football fan base believes refereeing integrity being a problem is an issue for Johnny foreigner. And anyone who suggests otherwise, is a tin foil hat merchant. So the align themselves time and time again with the whole idea it can't possibly be  corrupt, it's just shit. Listen to any of those weekly podcasts, the times, guardian, athletic etc, they're all the same. Until one of them stands up and says "can't we at least remove the impression of a conflict of interests", this is going to just continue. I find it all quite depressing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5