You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Sep 30 - Oct 3 2023)

tlw content

roundupheader.jpg

Would have been a perfect weekend that. City lost, United lost, Everton lost and we were set to go top of the table. Until THEY decided that wasn’t happening. Far too often we’re having to play against the officials as well as the opposition, but this was something 

It’s crazy how transparent it all is yet no-one will say it out loud. Manchester City’s owners are giving high paid side gigs to Premier League refs and two days after Darren England had been away on the Sheikh’s dime he did THAT to fuck over a team that was about to go above City in the table. Best league in the world? It’s more stage managed than WWE. We’d probably have more chance if Vince McMahon was writing the storylines.

But I’ll try to leave all of that out of this and just stick to the games, starting at Goodison as I think we all need cheering up this week don’t we? You can always rely on Everton to bring cheer when it’s needed most. 

The Blues had actually shown signs of life with wins at Brentford and Villa (in the cup) and this looked like a home banker. There’s no such thing with these bums though is there? They can literally lose to anyone, at any time, in any place. No Everton loss is shocking to me anymore. Not even this one. It was mildly surprising though, even I have to admit that. 

Luton took the lead in scrappy fashion when Morris hit the bar with a header and Lockyer flew in to block a clearance by Ashley Old and got lucky as it ricocheted into the net. Morris made it 2-0 with a nice finish after being picked out from a free-kick. He’s decent him, he looks a bit old school and you can see why he did well in the Championship. 

He reminds me a little of Troy Deeney and he’s the only Luton player who has posed any threat all season. You’d think Everton might have been aware of that and decided that marking him might be a good idea. Dyche being undone by set-pieces is always nice to see.

Calvert-Lewin bundled one in that was even scrappier than Luton’s opener but the Blues didn’t have an equaliser in them. Beto did have two really good headed chances and put both of them over the bar. In his defence, it’s difficult to keep headers down when you’ve got a two foot neck. One little flick of those neck muscles is like trying to hole a short putt with a driver. Can’t control the force coming off the club face.

View full article

• Upvote 3

• dave u pinned this topic

Enjoyed the write up Dave, I also had a look at Match of the day for the first time in years. Just to see their comments on the Spurs match. 

Still clowns with over inflated egos and it will be years before I look at it again. 

13 hours ago, ralph said:

Enjoyed the write up Dave, I also had a look at Match of the day for the first time in years. Just to see their comments on the Spurs match. 

Still clowns with over inflated egos and it will be years before I look at it again. 

For once, I listened to a bit of the ‘analysis’ and all Richards and Shearer do is to describe the action- there’s zero insight. Two more pundits stealing a living, none of them prepared to call out the shit fest of incompetence and corruption that is the PL, for fear of detailing the gravy train. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic