You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 3 Aston Villa 0 - Match Reaction & Ryan Gravenberch discussion

tlw content

The Reds made it 10 points from 12 with an impressively dominant display to see off Aston Villa at Anfield and head into the international break just two points off top spot.

Chris Smith is joined by Paul Natton and TLW Editor Dave Usher to look back on a highly enjoyable afternoon in which all areas of the side functioned superbly. Other subjects covered include the Ryan Gravenberch signing, the Mo Salah speculation and how the lads rated the transfer window as a whole. Plus Dave educates Chris and Paul as to why that second goal today should be credited to his boy Darwin and not a Matty Cash own goal.

View full article

• Upvote 5

• dave u pinned this topic

I see myself as a chippy nobhead but gotta back Dave here. Another example that makes me wanna punch myself in the face is when people pronounce Cairns (city in Australia) like they’re fucking Alf Stewart. Get to fucking fuck.

In the international break You boys should do a season review of what’s happen so far in the premier league. Honestly think you should do a weekly ‘other football’ pod, basically just calling out who’s sound and who’s a thunder cunt.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

I see myself as a chippy nobhead but gotta back Dave here. Another example that makes me wanna punch myself in the face is when people pronounce Cairns (city in Australia) like they’re fucking Alf Stewart. Get to fucking fuck.

In the international break You boys should do a season review of what’s happen so far in the premier league. Honestly think you should do a weekly ‘other football’ pod, basically just calling out who’s sound and who’s a thunder cunt.

ignoring you siding with Dave on the indefensible for a minute… just out of interest, is that extra pod you mention something you (or anyone else for that matter) would be interested in as some sort of patreon-style situation? Or maybe TLW subscriber exclusive? That seems to be how this sort of additional content stuff works these days. 

And also, Alf Stewart for life. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Chris said:

ignoring you siding with Dave on the indefensible for a minute… just out of interest, is that extra pod you mention something you (or anyone else for that matter) would be interested in as some sort of patreon-style situation? Or maybe TLW subscriber exclusive? That seems to be how this sort of additional content stuff works these days. 

And also, Alf Stewart for life. 

I’d happily commit to that.

• Upvote 4

Good pod, lads.

On the left footed CB/hybrid thing, think it's clear they don't want one. If they did, it's one of the first things they would have looked at this summer. Virgil and Robbo will keep their roles.

The CB we get now feels like it will be quite a like for like replacement with Matip. I think we have to remember what Klopp likes in that position and it's someone who first and foremost, is huge. The place where we can maybe experiment with a different profile is when Tsimikas goes, and who will replace him.

48 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The dismay and disdain in Dave's voice when asking Chris if he was going to keep up the Gravenberch pronunciation was a highlight for me.

Your takeaway was Dave's reaction to MY pronunciation? Then he has won already. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Kinda impressed with Dave's stance, persisting in referring to New Jersey when everyone from that part of the world is saying Noo Joyzee. Because only a knobhead would say it like the natives do, right?

New and Jersey are both English words. Unreleated to accents. 

Croissant is a french word. Thus should be spoken as the French speak it. Because there isn't a word for it in the English language. 

Please don't encourage him.

Dave's like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys pronouncing Jalapeno with a hard "J"

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

New and Jersey are both English words. Unreleated to accents. 

Croissant is a french word. Thus should be spoken as the French speak it.

Please don't encourage him.

Dave's like Ricky from Trailer Park Boys pronouncing Jalapeno with a hard "J"

Well, I don't think that's what this is about. If it were, the capital of France would be Par-EE, not Par-iss. Cross-awnt sounds shit, as does referring to New Jersey like you went to Eton.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Kinda impressed with Dave's stance, persisting in referring to New Jersey when everyone from that part of the world is saying Noo Joyzee. Because only a knobhead would say it like the natives do, right?

I don't see how anyone can even dispute this. Nailed it.

• dave u unpinned this topic