You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW's All Time Germany Side - Left Back

Bjornebye

TLW's All Time Germany Side - Left Back  

25 members have voted

1. 1. TLW's All Time Germany Side - Left Back

• Paul Breitner
    • Andreas Brehme
    • Bernard ‘Enatz’ Dietz
    • Christian Ziege
    • Other (Please State)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/06/23 at 14:01

2 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Littbarski.

Not really a 433 winger. More a attacking midfielder you could play wide. You could put Voller and Rummenigge wide but none really fit what you'd want in a 433. It's like us having Kuyt out there,though better players

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not really a 433 winger. More a attacking midfielder you could play wide. You could put Voller and Rummenigge wide but none really fit what you'd want in a 433. It's like us having Kuyt out there,though better players

on the right, Hassler or Basler.

left you could have Bode, Podolaki or Reus.

Not a great deal to choose from really.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hassler surely 

He wasn't a winger. 

Another attacking midfielder that occasionally played wide. He was part of a midfield 3 for Germany in a 532 in 1990 and played behind the strikers in 92. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

He wasn't a winger. 

Another attacking midfielder that occasionally played wide. He was part of a midfield 3 for Germany in a 532 in 1990 and played behind the strikers in 92. 

Gotta play, in this fiormation  -- Hassler RM, Lothar middle, and in this set up Kroos left.

Should be Muller wide right, Muller center and then....

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There are posters who have never watched Brietner - the epitome of West German dominance. No one is voting for Netzer.

There’ll be posters who won’t vote for Der Bomber for the same reason. 

It’s a bit like voting for Ed Sheeran as the greatest ever singer songwriter, in a list that includes Bob Dylan (or others of that ilk) because they’ve never heard one of his songs.

• Upvote 2

Breitner for sure. Brehme was very good, and I think Briegel played there for Germany too. All three were versatile enough to be used in midfield to telling effect.

Putting the pieces of a team together, I think 4-3-3 might work best for the players I have in mind. I'm undecided on the second centre back (or only centre back, as the other was a sweeper in his pomp), but the midfield 3 would be Matthaus, Netzer and Overath, and I'd have a front 3 of Rummenigge, Seeler and Der Bomber.

Some real quality names are getting omitted.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

There are posters who have never watched Brietner - the epitome of West German dominance. No one is voting for Netzer.

13 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I will be!

11 hours ago, Trumo said:

Breitner for sure. Brehme was very good, and I think Briegel played there for Germany too. All three were versatile enough to be used in midfield to telling effect.

Putting the pieces of a team together, I think 4-3-3 might work best for the players I have in mind. I'm undecided on the second centre back (or only centre back, as the other was a sweeper in his pomp), but the midfield 3 would be Matthaus, Netzer and Overath, and I'd have a front 3 of Rummenigge, Seeler and Der Bomber.

Some real quality names are getting omitted.

And so it is done.

59 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Add a 3rd for Netzer. Ideally I'd pick him in the front 3 to play behind 2 strikers. But unless I know he's a option I'll be picking him in midfield

He'll only be in the midfield picks mate. 

• Like 1

The ‘before my time’ argument is a load of old tosh. 

These polls give all an opportunity to stop everything else going on in their lives immediately and focus only on researching some of the truly great names of yesteryear that are appearing on these lists.

Phone in sick, tell your wife and kids they will have to do without you for the duration of the competition, stock up on snacks, and focus. 

Start with Netzer, you’ll have a lovely time. 

I’m pretty sure nobody would omit Kenny Dalglish from a vote to establish an all time Liverpool XI, even though there’ll be a good few on here who aren’t old enough to have seen him play.

If a vote for Kenny is based on the stories you’ve heard, the videos you’ve seen, the books you’ve read etc.. then the equivalents are available for all the footballing greats of the past.

There was a documentary on Der Kaiser on Sky a while ago. Worth a watch. You might find that he was indeed a better player than Jerome Boateng.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I didn’t vote as missed it but would have voted for Brehme. 

The ultimate “I’m too important/busy” bollocks. You’ve arguably posted more than me this last week. Get over yourself, you fucked the chance of a decent outcome in this poll with your over inflated ego. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The ultimate “I’m too important/busy” bollocks. You’ve arguably posted more than me this last week. Get over yourself, you fucked the chance of a decent outcome in this poll with your over inflated ego. 

Soz.