You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

Watching videos of Gravenberch, he reminds me of a shitter Paul Pogba, who despite the fact he was a unique midfield talent and at times a world class player, a lot of people didnt rate him. And that was even when he was at the top of his game. 

Now, if Gravenberch will turn into Pogba, we should obviously sign him, but he cant even get on the field. And even if theres a possibility this is a Salah or De Bruyne situation where he needs a chance, could we even give him more a of a chance than Bayern do

Like I get why Klopp or Ljinders or whoever would love the look of him, but the reality seems to be different. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You can never tell with Klopp but a lot of the stuff he's said/not said about the lads who've gone to Chelsea makes him sound like he was uninvested/unarsed about both situations.

His view of any player that doesn't want to play for us, whether through choice or when asked about players who might not want to play for a team in the CL, is met with similar indifference.

• Upvote 1

Amrabat:

"Last Tuesday there was a telephone contact between Klopp and the midfielder: the coach explained to Amrabat the importance of a player of his characteristics in a midfield that has lost several balancers - despite having bought Mac Allister and Szoboszlai - and Amrabat he appreciated the interest. To close the deal, however, an offer of thirty million to Fiorentina is needed."

https://www.violanews.com/stampa/repubblica-klopp-ha-chiamato-amrabat-ma-italiano-se-lo-immagina-con-arthur/

Based on Caicedo/Lavia disaster last weekend, the swift signing of Endo, all the players we are linked to these days, and Klopp's comments in the presser yesterday, I think the LFC leadership has understood the gravity of the situation and is now pushing hard to get the last couple signings over the line as soon as possible. 

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Watching videos of Gravenberch, he reminds me of a shitter Paul Pogba, who despite the fact he was a unique midfield talent and at times a world class player, a lot of people didnt rate him. And that was even when he was at the top of his game. 

Now, if Gravenberch will turn into Pogba, we should obviously sign him, but he cant even get on the field. And even if theres a possibility this is a Salah or De Bruyne situation where he needs a chance, could we even give him more a of a chance than Bayern do

Like I get why Klopp or Ljinders or whoever would love the look of him, but the reality seems to be different. 

The problem Pogba had was he was a complete and utter cunt. He had a season for Juve and two weeks for France where he managed to control it, and did well, but otherwise his career defining characteristic is massive absolute egocentric twat.

If Gravenberch is not that then he may have a chance of being half decent.

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Sly Sports seem to have gone all the way with the "Players don't want to go to Liverpool any more" line. Stupid cunts. 

It's just pure televised clickbait now. Dunno how anyone can watch it. I had it on in the hotel room last week while the Mrs was getting ready, it was called the transfer centre or something, and it was literally three blokes reading tweets.

On 18/08/2023 at 10:58, Ronnie Whelan said:

Got to be honest, the more I hear about Endo, the more excited I get. He seems a very good player.

The Bundesliga has had a few flops, but it's a very good league. Celebrated players like Veron and Schevchenko have been flops over here so let's see what this lad can do.

2 more players please though.

Let’s see how Endo gets on. What I’ve not understood since Ibiza Jorge started was if his area of expertise is the bundesliga, why weren’t we looking at their players ?

So if Endo turns out to be worth a first team DM role, well played Jorge, now get out of Pacha, leave the Gary Abletts for a couple of days and get some more players in.