You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

12 Nov, 15:00 Liverpool Vs. Southampton

Lee909

Just win.

Then hopefully this break for that shite in Qatar will help us get injured players back and sort some problems out.

It also helps bridge the gap to Jan and the start (or what should be) of the desperately needed midfield rebuild.

I never thought this break would be a good thing - but it could be for us.

Wisdom. Right decisions. Energy. Class. Know-how. Effervescence. Determination. Incisiveness. Tactical nous. Ruthlessness. Accuracy. Luck. Poise. Heart.

I don't ask for much.

The last game before the World Cup break then, against a side that has just replaced their manager. Southampton under Hassenhuttl were pretty much as Southampton have been since they returned to the top flight. A team that had spells where they looked decent enough to challenge for a European place, and at other times a pure relegation bum. Those 9-0 hammerings are still the abiding memory of his time in charge there, even though they are not representative of it. They've replaced him with Luton manager Nathan Jones, or at least had discussions as I write. All I know about him is that he's a bit of a God-botherer who quotes Bible passages in team talks and press conferences.

Momentum is everything, even with a forced winter break. It's about time we started building it, and a win tomorrow will at least provide a brighter outlook going into the resumption of the season in December. It requires everyone to step up a level (some need to step up a couple) so that we get to where we claim we belong. No excuses.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Wisdom. Right decisions. Energy. Class. Know-how. Effervescence. Determination. Incisiveness. Tactical nous. Ruthlessness. Accuracy. Luck. Poise. Heart.

I don't ask for much.

The last game before the World Cup break then, against a side that has just replaced their manager. Southampton under Hassenhuttl were pretty much as Southampton have been since they returned to the top flight. A team that had spells where they looked decent enough to challenge for a European place, and at other times a pure relegation bum. Those 9-0 hammerings are still the abiding memory of his time in charge there, even though they are not representative of it. They've replaced him with Luton manager Nathan Jones, or at least had discussions as I write. All I know about him is that he's a bit of a God-botherer who quotes Bible passages in team talks and press conferences.

Momentum is everything, even with a forced winter break. It's about time we started building it, and a win tomorrow will at least provide a brighter outlook going into the resumption of the season in December. It requires everyone to step up a level (some need to step up a couple) so that we get to where we claim we belong. No excuses.

He needs this job, hes been gone too long.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Lee909 is doing the match threads? Stig been binned off?

3 games

3 wins

Scored 4

Conceded 1

I got the Napoli one up because the site was back online not long before kickoff. So was told to carry on after a win. 

• Upvote 6

Klopp banned for this match, after the FA appealed against the decision. 

Pricks, mad that there's an independent commission specifically to make these decisions and the FA decide they don't like it when things don't go their way and appeal against it. 

Probably would have been better missing the Cup game but at least they're doing it now, our next game is the blue mancs so it's good he isn't banned for that instead. 

51 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Klopp banned for this match, after the FA appealed against the decision. 

Pricks, mad that there's an independent commission specifically to make these decisions and the FA decide they don't like it when things don't go their way and appeal against it. 

Probably would have been better missing the Cup game but at least they're doing it now, our next game is the blue mancs so it's good he isn't banned for that instead. 

Would he have been banned for the EFL Cup game? Players now only get banned for the domestic competition they got a red card so a red in a PL game doesnt carry a suspension in an EFL or FA Cup game.

But I agree. They introduced an independent panel but gave themselves a double jeopardy clause. This at the least should have a high bar for a successful appeal such as new or unseen video evidence and not, the FA dont like the decision.

On 10/11/2022 at 05:40, VladimirIlyich said:

Lee909 is doing the match threads? Stig been binned off?

Winner stays on.

On 10/11/2022 at 13:55, dockers_strike said:

Hope it's fucking warmer on Saturday than it is today! Going to fucking freeze in the ground!

You must have blood like chip shop vinegar as its been positively balmy these last few days, 15 degrees again tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Winner stays on.

You must have blood like chip shop vinegar as its been positively balmy these last few days, 15 degrees again tomorrow.

Righto, you must be one of these who have loads of blubber to insulate themselves and stand in the ground shirtless throughout the game. 15 degrees aint 'balmy' especially with a northerly wind behind it.

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Righto, you must be one of these who have loads of blubber to insulate themselves and stand in the ground shirtless throughout the game. 15 degrees aint 'balmy' especially with a northerly wind behind it.

Behave, I've got a spare tyre but I'm pretty far away from having blubber!  BTW the wind is coming from the South at the moment hence the unseasonably warm weather.  Keep your fucking long johns on mate.

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Behave, I've got a spare tyre but I'm pretty far away from having blubber!  BTW the wind is coming from the South at the moment hence the unseasonably warm weather.  Keep your fucking long johns on mate.

He’ll have his hands wrapped, there’s no two ways about that. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63604174

I fucking hate the FA....can't wait to enjoy the failure of their team in that shite in Qatar

Cunts.

Liverpool are understood to be disappointed by the decision but accept the outcome, with Klopp having already admitted to a charge of improper conduct. The club are also unhappy with an appeal process that led to their manager being banned with fewer than 24 hours to go before the Southampton game, which kicks off at 3pm.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Would he have been banned for the EFL Cup game? Players now only get banned for the domestic competition they got a red card so a red in a PL game doesnt carry a suspension in an EFL or FA Cup game.

I think that's just for yellows. As far as I know reds carry over to all domestic competitions.