You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

Must confess to a wry smile when I hear the City and Arsenal fans media apologists bemoaning their injuries, especially last week. Walker and Stones injured for England - yet Stones was on the bench at the weekend, and they just happen to have a £77m defender lying around twiddling his thumbs. An Arsenal fan was moaning about their injury list recently - Timber (not proven at PL level), Zinchenko (weak link), Tomiyasu (yeah, exactly), Jesus (ha!). We started Sunday with just one of what was our first choice back 5 at the start of the season. We had virtually a whole team (including world class players) out until quite recently. The position we're in - when you consider the lengthy injuries to Alisson, Matip, Trent, Robbo, Tsimikas, Thiago, Curtis, Gravenberch, Jota (twice), Bajcetic, Doak - is nothing short of phenomenal. I've some sympathy with Newcastle and even United (stop laughing at the back!) who have genuinely suffered from lengthy injury lists (mostly to shit players, mind) - but look where they are.

• Upvote 3

Klopp on Endo:

Liverpool expect to have Wataru Endo available for Sunday's trip to Manchester United.

The midfielder missed the Reds' 3-1 victory over Sheffield United on Thursday due to a knock, but is set to come back into contention at Old Trafford.

Jürgen Klopp told his post-match press conference at Anfield: "That's my information [that he will be fit].

"We rested him today. We had a feeling there could have been a chance for tonight but if we leave him out, then there is a big chance for Sunday. I hope that didn't change."

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Did klopp mention any of the players who played tonight? Salah doesn't look right and it looked like his sub was preplanned. Dom was limping quite heavily when he walked back on at the end. And Diaz didn't look good as he was walking off. 

Was quoted as saying no one got injured today as far as I know 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dapower said:

Was quoted as saying no one got injured today as far as I know 

Yeah

"Nobody got injured already as far as I know today, so recovery started already and now we recover and go again."

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Yeah

"Nobody got injured already as far as I know today, so recovery started already and now we recover and go again."

But as we know the knocks are around the corner 

I'm absolutely fucking sick of injuries and injured players this season. we seem to be constantly loaded full of flakes. Keita and Chamberlain have fucked off. Yet thiago, Jota, matip and loads of others barely spend any time away from the treatment room. Quansah will get leathered by loads after today..but the reality is the lad shouldn't be near a game of this magnitude, but we just can't trust others or they're so injured they can't get on the pitch. I'm absolutely done with these fuckers who are always injured. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm absolutely fucking sick of injuries and injured players this season. we seem to be constantly loaded full of flakes. Keita and Chamberlain have fucked off. Yet thiago, Jota, matip and loads of others barely spend any time away from the treatment room. Quansah will get leathered by loads after today..but the reality is the lad shouldn't be near a game of this magnitude, but we just can't trust others or they're so injured they can't get on the pitch. I'm absolutely done with these fuckers who are always injured. 

The poor lad has turned off his socials apparently after abuse I don’t think we’ve picked any injuries today though 

6 minutes ago, Dapower said:

The poor lad has turned off his socials apparently after abuse I don’t think we’ve picked any injuries today though 

It's fucking disgraceful. It was a massive fuck up. But we absolutely didn't fail to win because of that..the game should have been out of sight by then. Our fans who are slaughtering him should be ashamed of themselves..

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dapower said:

That’s a disgrace. Abusing a kid for a mistake? Some of our so called “fans” want to fuck off and support England, that’s the level of “support” some of the knuckle draggers give out.

Twats.

I bet the “abuse” will be some variation of people saying, “Konate is a better defender and should have started” or “You probably shouldn’t gift goals to the Mancs at Old Trafford”.

11 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I bet the “abuse” will be some variation of people saying, “Konate is a better defender and should have started” or “You probably shouldn’t gift goals to the Mancs at Old Trafford”.

Or just man Utd fans being "hilarious".

I don't think we can rely much on Jota, Trent and Ali when they come back in the next 2 weeks (or whenever the fuck that happens).

Match fitness, sharpness will take a while to come back and at best, they will be subs in the first 2-3 games. We only have 9 games to play, 12 potentially. If we get past Atalanta they might come in handy but I am not keeping much hope. 

Probably the best finisher at the club.

Probably the best goalkeeper in the country.

Probably the best passer of a ball in the league.

Plus a very good young midfielder.

All getting ready to rejoin a team that's level on points at the top of the table.

• Upvote 2