You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

What I would say about Nunez is that if he didn't have pace we'd be absolutely fucked. It's the one thing that stops him being a complete dud with no hope.

He still has a chance to settle and grow into a better player for us. But he does look nervous and overawed right now. He's not playing with any confidence or rhythm and it's making him look even worse than he is.

He's thinking far too much. That will only go over time. He has obvious flaws technically but all of the above is magnifying those flaws.

The biggest problem for us, with him in the side, is he can't make double runs. He can't fake to go one way and then dart another. That's how you create space and open up space for others. Once he makes one run, that's it, he's commited to it. He's pretty rigid in that sense. Quick in a straight line but not flexible enough to turn quickly.

That's why we are struggling to use him, our players are used to more dynamic movement Infront of them like Mane provided or even Firmino (before his slump in form)

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

What I would say about Nunez is that if he didn't have pace we'd be absolutely fucked. It's the one thing that stops him being a complete dud with no hope.

He still has a chance to settle and grow into a better player for us. But he does look nervous and overawed right now. He's not playing with any confidence or rhythm and it's making him look even worse than he is.

He's thinking far too much. That will only go over time. He has obvious flaws technically but all of the above is magnifying those flaws.

The biggest problem for us, with him in the side, is he can't make double runs. He can't fake to go one way and then dart another. That's how you create space and open up space for others. Once he makes one run, that's it, he's commited to it. He's pretty rigid in that sense. Quick in a straight line but not flexible enough to turn quickly.

That's why we are struggling to use him, our players are used to more dynamic movement Infront of them like Mane provided or even Firmino (before his slump in form)

If my aunt had bollocks shed be my uncle, up there with the most fucking stupid statements in  posts I've read recently, and there's been alot

• Upvote 1

I think we have tweaked our set up to get the best out of Nunez, Salah should have had around 10 assists already this season, but Nunez has not delievered the goals we had expected.

This need to change fast, if not we need to go back to try and involve Salah as much as possible in scoring positions.

Watching our game on Wednesday and BT cut to an ad break and they did one of those live match adverts with a couple of players from the teams involved grabbing their shirts, pointing at badges, shushing the camera, that type of thing. They got Haaland from City and he just looked ridiculous, the ugly bastard trying to pout and look cool. He scores loads so it makes sense from that point of view but fuck me, you wouldn't pick that face for that kind of activity if he was rank average.

More important things I guess, but he's a right gurning fuck.

2 hours ago, Code said:

I think we have tweaked our set up to get the best out of Nunez, Salah should have had around 10 assists already this season, but Nunez has not delievered the goals we had expected.

This need to change fast, if not we need to go back to try and involve Salah as much as possible in scoring positions.

That's a bold statement. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Lad still hasn't played a full 90 mins for us yet and had (albeit his own stupid fault) a 3 match ban, and now the programme is disrupted for some old womans funeral....Just no continuity/rhythm for him so far, or us playing with him in side and the adaption that needs to happen.

This one is gonna need a fair bit more time before we can really make any credible judgement.

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Hopefully this international break will give us a couple of weeks off from everyone posting about how shit he is.

Uruguay have got Iran and Canada coming up so if he doesn't score at least two hat-tricks the knives will be out on here. 

It would be superb if he put a few past Canada. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Uruguay have got Iran and Canada coming up so if he doesn't score at least two hat-tricks the knives will be out on here. 

It would be superb if he put a few past Canada. 

Agreed, mate. I think I speak for the entire forum when I say that it would be magnificent if Uruguay annihilated Canada. 

4 hours ago, Mook said:

Hopefully this international break will give us a couple of weeks off from everyone posting about how shit he is.

I can't be arsed looking but it would interesting to see how many people being negative about him now were getting their knickers in a twist a few months ago when we were clearly looking at him but it was rumoured Utd were going to offer more fee and wages to get him.