You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nottingham Forest (A) - FAC Quarter Final, Sun 20th Mar 2022 (6:00pm)

Trumo

45 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why? I like him but he wasn't the best player on the pitch.

It's all about opinions but until he got subbed, who was better? Bobby? Jota? Harvey? None of them could make the ball stick and again, until he was subbed, Ox had more shots than any of Bobby, Jota and Harvey in the game.

Or are we going to go Joe, Konate and Virgil were better because if we are, only Joe was close to Ox upto the point he was subbed.

Over the 90, I made Joe MoTM so yeah, Ox would only have been in contention if he'd stayed on for the 90 minutes.

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's all about opinions but until he got subbed, who was better? Bobby? Jota? Harvey? None of them could make the ball stick and again, until he was subbed, Ox had more shots than any of Bobby, Jota and Harvey in the game.

Or are we going to go Joe, Konate and Virgil were better because if we are, only Joe was close to Ox upto the point he was subbed.

Over the 90, I made Joe MoTM so yeah, Ox would only have been in contention if he'd stayed on for the 90 minutes.

Oxlade was appalling. No idea what you saw, but it wasn't there.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Tsimikas

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ox is just pointless at this juncture. Same as ever, he and Keita gotta go. I'm sure Keita will somehow spawn a contract extension, though.

I'm not Keita's biggest fan by any means, but he's been much better this season, and I will have no issue with him staying.

We have a squad where the only reason we won't win everything going is corruption or Bayern.

Some of the opinions about us are batshit mental.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

All I can say bud is if Ox was appalling in the first half, Jota, Bobby and Harvey stank the gaff out in the same period. Harvey has an excuse being a young lad,

I thought Bobby started brilliantly and went off the boil by half time. Harvey was a non factor, but he was asked to play in the front 3. Jota isn't great without Mo and Mane, but he'll win us games.

Irrespective of all that, Oxlade Chamberlain was fucking gash.

1 minute ago, m0e said:

I thought Bobby started brilliantly and went off the boil by half time. Harvey was a non factor, but he was asked to play in the front 3. Jota isn't great without Mo and Mane, but he'll win us games.

Irrespective of all that, Oxlade Chamberlain was fucking gash.

I love Bobby but I dont know how you can say that. All he had to do was lay the ball off to Jota in the first half but instead went for goal and made a hash of it.

Look, Im not going to slag our players off because of that game. We'll have to disagree.

First game in which I thought Tsimikas' general play wasn't up to usual standards. But given how he's stood up before, he has to be allowed this one. Like the Inter game, if you're going to lose one, let it be one that doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things.

The lad is well in credit, not least because even in a below par performance, he still gets an assist.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

First game in which I thought Tsimikas' general play wasn't up to usual standards. But given how he's stood up before, he has to be allowed this one. Like the Inter game, if you're going to lose one, let it be one that doesn't matter in the greater scheme of things.

The lad is well in credit, not least because even in a below par performance, he still gets an assist.

Totally agree.

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Going to have to steal these replies.

One day people will learn that the angle of the camera is deceiving so you shouldn't pay any attention to it on the first replay. 

Sick of commentators going "yeah that looks miles on/offside" when the perspective they are looking from isn't anywhere close to being in line with the actual players. 

1 minute ago, Aventus said:

One day people will learn that the angle of the camera is deceiving so you shouldn't pay any attention to it on the first replay. 

Sick of commentators going "yeah that looks miles on/offside" when the perspective they are looking from isn't anywhere close to being in line with the actual players. 

Isn't VAR looking at that same angle much of the time?

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Isn't VAR looking at that same angle much of the time?

Yeah, but I'm assuming when they're dragging the lines around it accounts for the fact that it's not at a perfect angle and automatically draws it in the right place.