You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2022

Elite

It is only when you do a bag workout that you realize how incredibly fit these lads are. Treadmills bore the shit out of me but its too slippy to run outside. I tried it and managed 4 x 1 minute rounds and by the end was barely tickling the bag. Nothing fancy  just left right, left right. Totally goosed. And bags don't punch back.

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

It is only when you do a bag workout that you realize how incredibly fit these lads are. Treadmills bore the shit out of me but its too slippy to run outside. I tried it and managed 4 x 1 minute rounds and by the end was barely tickling the bag. Nothing fancy  just left right, left right. Totally goosed. And bags don't punch back.

yep doesnt half get you fit just doing bag work.

The Loneliest Sport

'Ken was a different fighter for me. I could tell he had the potential right away to eventually become the heavyweight champion of the world. He was a marine and a tough son of a b****. He had a different style, and you had to mix it up with him to get close and throw a good punch. He warned me off pretty good and gave me a lot of problems in the gym. I tried to take him out, but he had a laid-back style; his right hand stayed up, but his left hand stayed down. And he was bouncing in and out, whereas I was always coming at him. He was a very good fighter and was not an easy guy to hit.

This was the kind of guy Yank wanted me to beat. His style was so unique. He was more of a counterpuncher. We worked together and sparred, but that's as far as I wanted to go with him. In training, I only wanted one round with him. Eddie or Yank might have wanted two or three rounds, but I only wanted one round with him. There were days I called in sick because I knew I had to spar with him that day. I didn't want to fight Ken; I wanted no part of him.

He wasn't sure if he could kick my a**, and I wasn't sure if I could kick his a**, so we just remained buddies and never fought each other. We figured that unless the money got to that breaking point, it was best to remain friends. It would have been a rough fight, and I don't really know if I would have won; but let's just say I probably have a little more use of my brain today because I didn't have to fight Ken Norton.'

- Joe Frazier

FB_IMG_1674669060364.jpg

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Special K said:

Just looked up the Journeyman's record. He's been beaten 96 times!! That can't be right

Life of a journeyman. 

He loses professional,its all about going 4-6 Rounds. Don't get stopped and do the same again in 2/3 weeks.