You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Just now, Section_31 said:

Will be interesting to see what sway the metro mayors have in a Labour run UK. Quite a lot I reckon.

It would make a nice change given Tory attitudes to Labour run areas for the past 14 years.

Just now, Rushies tash said:

It would make a nice change given Tory attitudes to Labour run areas for the past 14 years.

Could see the likes of Burnham and Khan having a lot of influence over Starmer, and not being afraid to call him out.

22 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I'm genuinely baffled why,when sunak brings up corbyn, starmer doesn't respond with...whilst sunak was quite happy to support the utter crash under johnson and truss 

You could ask that cunt the time and he’d bring up Corbyn. It’s pretty much all they’ve got. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Could see the likes of Burnham and Khan having a lot of influence over Starmer, and not being afraid to call him out.

It would be good, but I don't see it. Nothing Starmer has done so far gives me an inkling of that. I know there's the argument of "he's doing what he needs to get elected" but I think what we see now is what we get going forward after the election.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, redinblack said:

It would be good, but I don't see it. Nothing Starmer has done so far gives me an inkling of that. I know there's the argument of "he's doing what he needs to get elected" but I think what we see now is what we get going forward after the election.

Nah I honestly don't.

I think the whole country is focussed on getting rid of the Tories. Every time the little fuck takes to the podium you hear a groan in every corner of the land. But there's still always the danger of people voting for the 'devil they know'. regardless of their own personal circumstances or politics. 

I think politics will change once they're out. I see more progressive factions/parties coming to the fore. Young people have had enough of the right - you can see that with how GB News have been reduced to begging for money and the disastrous showing for right wing candidates in the locals. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nah I honestly don't.

I think the whole country is focussed on getting rid of the Tories. Every time the little fuck takes to the podium you hear a groan in every corner of the land. But there's still always the danger of people voting for the 'devil they know'. regardless of their own personal circumstances or politics. 

I think politics will change once they're out. I see more progressive factions/parties coming to the fore. Young people have had enough of the right - you can see that with how GB News have been reduced to begging for money and the disastrous showing for right wing candidates in the locals. 

I hope you are right, I guess I'm not even a "glass half full" dude, I'm a "smashed the glass to smithereens and threw it in the bin" type.

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Will be interesting to see what sway the metro mayors have in a Labour run UK. Quite a lot I reckon.

Burnham, Rotheram and Brabin tend to work together to promote "soft Left" policies; not enough to rock the boat, but definitely left of Streeting, Reeves, et al.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them getting some support (but still not enough funding) to continue doing that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Burnham, Rotheram and Brabin tend to work together to promote "soft Left" policies; not enough to rock the boat, but definitely left of Streeting, Reeves, et al.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them getting some support (but still not enough funding) to continue doing that.

I think Khan and Burnham especially are extremely secure in their roles now. The Metro mayors have taken on a life of their own since Covid, the optics of Starmer trying to cut down big personalities like those won't wash with the membership and voters in areas which are extremely important to the party.

Starmer can depend on a lot of anti Tory support this election which will cut accross a lot of demographics, but that will change once the Tories are gone, he's  going to have to shape up or ship out.

I've never bought this notion that he's got a Stalin esque grip on every aspect of the party, far from it, whether he wants it or not. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

If he promised to kill most people who comment on the echo website he may get my vote.

The fucking racism and whataboutery are off the fucking charts.

Most of the cunts that comment on there aren’t even local. You can tell. 

Only time I ever commented on an Echo story was when I said there'd been Typhoon fighter jets heard over Speke, and loads of people gave me shit saying 'imagine how you'd feel if you were in Syria!'

I didn't get the link personally, also,  these people clearly had never been to Speke - it makes Homs look like Weston-super-Mare, 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Only time I ever commented on an Echo story was when I said there'd been Typhoon fighter jets heard over Speke, and loads of people gave me shit saying 'imagine how you'd feel if you were in Syria!'

I didn't get the link personally, also,  these people clearly had never been to Speke - it makes Homs look like Weston-super-Mare, 

Im probably gonna regret announcing this but I was actually born in Weston super mare. My dad worked on the holiday camps down there and my mum used to go down and stay with him. As soon as I was born he brought me back home and I think I’ve only been there once since. But yep, there it is on my passport. Weston Super Mare. Fuck my life and fuck the echo 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Im probably gonna regret announcing this but I was actually born in Weston super mare. My dad worked on the holiday camps down there and my mum used to go down and stay with him. As soon as I was born he brought me back home and I think I’ve only been there once since. But yep, there it is on my passport. Weston Super Mare. Fuck my life and fuck the echo 

You're the only person I've ever heard of that's from there besides Jill Dando. 

Jill Dando, whatever happened there. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Wool....

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

WOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Shit happens bud, my mates dad was in the army so they lived all over the shop and led to his sister being born in Leamington Spa.

• Upvote 1