You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

59 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Human Rights lawyer I'm hearing.

Aye, termination of the Labour Party, applied only to those who fall foul of automatic termination of membership rules (mostly about being a member of Labour whilst standing for election for another party or a court has found them to be making vexatious legal claims), is my favourite part of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. 

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Trying to see where Len lives to see if it ties in with the addresses mentioned, but isn't mentioned on wiki. 

Len has a flat in London, that Unite 'Loaned' him the money for.

He's probably got a home somewhere else though I'd assume.

EDIT: Just checked and he's listed as Holborn on companies house as his correspondance address.

On 08/04/2022 at 17:25, Mudface said:

At least Lampard's lot got beat again-

Outside of Lampard and probably Bill, who the hell votes conservative in Everton? 3.4%? One of the most deprived areas of the City. I despair.

I assume the comments are about the Labour candidate in Birmingham. Having seen the video, he may have a few problems. It goes beyond self-defence and kicking to the head while somebody is on the floor/their knees is a serious aggravating feature. If that goes further he has problems.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I assume the comments are about the Labour candidate in Birmingham. Having seen the video, he may have a few problems. It goes beyond self-defence and kicking to the head while somebody is on the floor/their knees is a serious aggravating feature. If that goes further he has problems.

At the very least he has to withdraw from the election. I know it's too late for his name to come off the ballot, but he can't take the seat if he wins after that.

I think I’m jibbing off the activism. Can’t be arsed anymore. Others have left my branch to the point we got so small I had to take on some roles just to keep the thing going. I think suspending my mate was probably the last straw for me though. She was head and shoulders above everyone else in doing hours and hours of unpaid shit, even when it was making her ill. 

I decided this in my head weeks ago, but I’ve been putting off letting everyone else know. I’ll keep my membership so I retain my vote, and I’ll turn up to some meetings so the branch doesn’t fold but beyond that I think I’m done. 

• Upvote 1

Can't blame you Cap. I've stepped away from the Green Party activism, mostly because of family issues, but there is a little bit of them and us between those who live in Prescot and Whiston, and those of us who live in other areas of Knowsley. It's understandable as that's (Prescot and Whiston) where we've had most success so far, but I feel a little bit out on my own on Canny Farm.

I'm not standing for election this year, but thankfully somebody else is, and I was happy to nominate him in this ward.

He's got my vote at least.