You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I've told you before, sweetheart....you aren't my type - but thanks for your interest.

C'mon, indulge me.  If the integrity has gone, a theme you've been consistent with for a long time, why would you watch the rest of the league games? 

It'd be like going back to Calciopoli era Serie A and expecting a fair contest.

1 hour ago, TK-421 said:

C'mon, indulge me.  If the integrity has gone, a theme you've been consistent with for a long time, why would you watch the rest of the league games? 

It'd be like going back to Calciopoli era Serie A and expecting a fair contest.

Consider yourself indulged.

Sadly footy or more to the point LFC is an addiction... and one can't kick...so yeah i'll watch us.

The league's integrity this season is shot to fuck though...been a farce how it has been handled and how some clubs have used it to their advantage and how other clubs have lost out.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Consider yourself indulged.

Sadly footy or more to the point LFC is an addiction... and one can't kick...so yeah i'll watch us.

The league's integrity this season is shot to fuck though...been a farce how it has been handled and how some clubs have used it to their advantage and how other clubs have lost out.

I can see why you think that, but it's a difficult and fluid situation to contend with and I don't see an easy answer. Rules can be drawn up, but they'd always be open to abuse and so on.  If you can get school kids fiddling a lateral flow test with a bit of lemon squeezy then it's a bit tricky to oversee the whole thing and relies on a bit of openness and honesty - qualities that are not the hallmark of Premier League football.

Anyway, we still have a sniff of the title and a great chance in the other trophies so I think the club has handled things as best they can in trying circumstances.  We mustn't feel sorry for ourselves, we need to give it our best shot and see where it takes us.  Rona ain't going anywhere, this will rumble on. 

7 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

I can see why you think that, but it's a difficult and fluid situation to contend with and I don't see an easy answer. Rules can be drawn up, but they'd always be open to abuse and so on.  If you can get school kids fiddling a lateral flow test with a bit of lemon squeezy then it's a bit tricky to oversee the whole thing and relies on a bit of openness and honesty - qualities that are not the hallmark of Premier League football.

Anyway, we still have a sniff of the title and a great chance in the other trophies so I think the club has handled things as best they can in trying circumstances.  We mustn't feel sorry for ourselves, we need to give it our best shot and see where it takes us.  Rona ain't going anywhere, this will rumble on. 

I agree it is hard to get the rules dead on, but the application of the rules has been terrible IMO....inconsistency, a lack of transparency and that has exacerbated the whole thing.

Clubs will of course driven by self interest look to try it on or do what is best for them - league IMHO have made it easy for them to exploit.

I agree it will likely rumble on.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

I agree it is hard to get the rules dead on, but the application of the rules has been terrible IMO....inconsistency, a lack of transparency and that has exacerbated the whole thing.

Clubs will of course driven by self interest look to try it on or do what is best for them - league IMHO have made it easy for them to exploit.

I agree it will likely rumble on.

My solution would be this - do nothing.  If your first teamers have Covid, tough shit - you play squad players, kids or stick Tony Moanero in the number 10 role and you honour all of the fixtures.  None of this circuit breaker nonsense.  Everyone can find players.  Then, it's the same for everyone and it makes it easier for the fans to make their travel plans. 

16 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

My solution would be this - do nothing.  If your first teamers have Covid, tough shit - you play squad players, kids or stick Tony Moanero in the number 10 role and you honour all of the fixtures.  None of this circuit breaker nonsense.  Everyone can find players.  Then, it's the same for everyone and it makes it easier for the fans to make their travel plans. 

About right that.

I would have maybe given them all 10-14 days to get into that mindset/position/sort stuff out (implement whatver protocol at clubs they choose to about how they try and limit covid or do fuck all if they didn't want to)...which they could have done from about mid dec when it all started with the postponements to boxing day, clubs could form bubbles or do nothing - whatever they decided... then from boxing day on what you said above...no excuses, no exceptions.

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

About right that.

I would have maybe given them all 10-14 days to get into that mindset/position/sort stuff out (protocol at clubs about how they try and limit covid)...which they could have done from about mid dec when it all started with the postponements to boxing day, clubs could form bubbles or do nothing - whatever they decided... then from boxing day on what you said above.

Yep. The only thing I would consider changing is playing in empty stadiums if things get really bad, in order to protect the public  But I wouldn't have "Covid rules" for a certain number of players testing positive etc. - it's too open to abuse and inconsistency, as we've seen.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Jhinge Machha said:

WWIII could prevent Liverpool from winning the champions league

It's a global conspiracy to stop us winning the title. Last time it was Covid, this time Harry Kane plays his only decent game of the season and blows open the title race all of a sudden Putin unleashes hell. 

In short, Harry Kane started the war the fucking meff