You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

6 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

London polling from YouGov

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/uk-opinion-polls-labour-s-london-lead-is-halved-as-it-s-all-to-play-for-in-capital-a4279016.html

Brackets are changes from 2017 election

Lab 39 (-16)

Con 29 (-4)

LD 19 (+10)

Brx 6 (+6)
Grn 5 (+3)

I wasn't too sure what to make of Labour in London but seeing that and comparing at a similar stage of the 2017 GE Labour are just two points off with the Conservatives down seven. 

Voting-intention-2-May-London-01-1.png

9 hours ago, moof said:

You are a tedious cunt I’ll give you that. The policy is very fucking simple. The only way you wouldn’t be able to understand it is if you are completely bogged down in inconsequential little details. Like, “why won’t they tell people which way to vote”

You're determined to keep this going

I understand the policy, quite obviously more than you. It is not as simple as "lets have another referendum".

As for the "why wont they tell people which way to vote" the policy is to do just that, but vote for us in the GE first then we will tell you. The deal you will have to vote on? Wait and see, we'll negotiate one. Thats just inconsequential little details though, move along.

I love the "i mistyped the word exact" Happens all the time, off you go posting an opinion, and all the wrong words showing a complete lack of understanding, come out. But fuck it, lets stick with it like a tedious bastard because its better than appearing to be wrong.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

BBC News - General Election 2019: Voters should back PM - ex Labour MP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50330007

I was listening in the car as he was being interviewed, it was staggering.

"I cudda been a contender........"

Tory Boy Robinson and "Unbiased" Kuenssberg lapped it up. Obviously.

21 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

After Watson resigning last night I was very pleasantly surprised by how well the Labour party had shown a united front, it is the one thing I give the Tories credit for. 

Purely coincidentally after Labour handled a resignation really well, an ex minister (left the party 9 months ago, but let's not mention that), comes out slagging off the leadership. 

As I say, timing is purely a coincidence. 

34 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I've got sympathy for him to be honest it must be fucking horrible to wake up every single day being Ian Austin

Slags Corbyn off for being a racist then asks everyone to back a sociopathic racist

• Upvote 1

So far Ian Austin has been on BBC Radio 4, BBC news and Sky regurgitating the same shite although on Sky I actually thought he was going to cry. Not really sure why he's getting so much airtime as he left the Labour Party about nine months ago..

Meanwhile an actual statesman of a politician (whatever you think of his policies) said this a few days ago and I could be wrong but I don't remember it getting as much airtime

Ken Clarke warns he will not vote for 'crazy right-wing nationalist' Tories

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/ken-clarke-on-the-tories-at-the-general-election-1-6357109

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

So far Ian Austin has been on BBC Radio 4, BBC news and Sky regurgitating the same shite although on Sky I actually thought he was going to cry. Not really sure why he's getting so much airtime as he left the Labour Party about nine months ago..

Meanwhile an actual statesman of a politician (whatever you think of his policies) said this a few days ago and I could be wrong but I don't remember it getting as much airtime

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/ken-clarke-on-the-tories-at-the-general-election-1-6357109

When Austin left in February he said that Corbyn was unfit to be PM, so not sure why him repeating what he said 9 months ago is news. 

Actually I am.

10 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

When Austin left in February he said that Corbyn was unfit to be PM, so not sure why him repeating what he said 9 months ago is news. 

Actually I am.

He didn't just repeat it, he upped the ante by saying people should vote for Johnson. That's newsworthy, at least for a day.

23 minutes ago, Stickman said:

No one will remember Ian Austin come next week. He can crawl off into the night chocking on his 15 minutes of fame

14 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I Morgan is hardly the best person to be challenging anyone on fake news but Just in case anyone missed this on GMTV this morning.

A perfect example of fucking up and not having the sense to back down straightaway and kill it dead.

40 minutes ago, A Red said:

A perfect example of fucking up and not having the sense to back down straightaway and kill it dead.

For my sins, I have been following Cleverly closely for some while. 

Whilst he has apologised for certain individual MPs comments/actions (Mogg most recently), I have never seen seen/heard him apologise/admit that the Conservative party itself has every had a bad policy or done anything wrong strategically ever. 

I am at the point now where when the Tories fuck up and I hear he is on to defend the fuck up I look forward to it, as I know he will never admit it was a fuck up and just makes himself and the Tories look worse. 

I do believe that makes my life sad.

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I dont know what time the story originally broke but I posted that BBC link at 09:00 today.  I've been randomly in and out if the BBC website all morning and each time the timestamp on the article has changed. 

As I type, according to the latest timestamp the article is only 29 minutes old. Surely the good old impartial BBC arent going out of their way to keep the item near the top of the page ?

And as if by magic it now two minutes.