You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Lallana will be 30 and have sat out for the best part of 18 months -- he is the new Sturridge and will finish his contract off with us then leave on a free.

Sure, but getting an unproven talent like Ceballos could not be considered an upgrade.

Dani Ceballos is a bit of a nutcase. He went on a rant on twitter saying he hoped a bomb would land on every Catalan and Basque person that booed the national anthem. He's a big Franco fan. He's talks mad trash to players. He once told Iker Callisas he'd bang his wife and that he was a son of a bitch with a cock smaller than a coin. He also claimed that 14 year old girls nowadays have big tits because they hold their breath all the time because they suck so many cocks.

Dani Ceballos is a bit of a nutcase. He went on a rant on twitter saying he hoped a bomb would land on every Catalan and Basque person that booed the national anthem. He's a big Franco fan. He's talks mad trash to players. He once told Iker Callisas he'd bang his wife and that he was a son of a bitch with a cock smaller than a coin. He also claimed that 14 year old girls nowadays have big tits because they hold their breath all the time because they suck so many cocks.

You need a bit of that.

• Upvote 6

Give the man a contract.

I’ve seen Jorginho heavily linked with Man City today and it’s just a formality that he signs for them, weird one that for them because he won’t play instead of De Bruyne or Silva and if he plays instead of Fernandinho they’ll be wide open in midfield. It explains our links with Neves though, we’ve probably been informed that Jorginho favours a move to City and we’ve quickly moved on to Neves who is very similar.

Not weird at all, he's absolutely perfect for them.

Really disappointed to be honest, I was hoping they'd end up with that Fred from Shaktar Donetsk. Jorginho will replace Fernandinho and City will be unbelievably strong in midfield. Neves might be better when he gets to his peak but Neves next year at 21 isn't going to be as good for us as Jorginho would have been, and next year might be our best chance at a title for some time.

Maybe Napoli can pull off the miracle and catch Juve for the title? I remember reading a few months back that if that happened it was very unlikely Jorginho would move because he could easily choose to sign a new deal and eventually retire there; he reportedly loves the club and the city.

Not weird at all, he's absolutely perfect for them.

Really disappointed to be honest, I was hoping they'd end up with that Fred from Shaktar Donetsk. Jorginho will replace Fernandinho and City will be unbelievably strong in midfield. Neves might be better when he gets to his peak but Neves next year at 21 isn't going to be as good for us as Jorginho would have been, and next year might be our best chance at a title for some time.

Maybe Napoli can pull off the miracle and catch Juve for the title? I remember reading a few months back that if that happened it was very unlikely Jorginho would move because he could easily choose to sign a new deal and eventually retire there; he reportedly loves the club and the city.

A midfield of KDB-Jorginho-Silva will get torn apart by a top level midfield, neither are defensive minded enough to deal with an onslaught.

A midfield of KDB-Jorginho-Silva will get torn apart by a top level midfield, neither are defensive minded enough to deal with an onslaught.

No chance in my opinion. Jorginho is positionally exceptional. I will probably go as far as saying he is the tactically most astute midfielder out there, doesn't really matter if he is not a ball winner.

Agree with NMI's feelings. He will be perfect for them, as he would be for us. Massive blow if City beats us to his signing. Not only we will almost certainly have to settle for someone slightly inferior (I sincerely doubt Rabiot is available), it also means City will in all likelihood be pulling even further ahead of us and the rest. Will just have to hope that he fails to adapt to the league as he's not the most physically imposing, but I fear that will never be more than just wishful thinking.

• Upvote 1

Bit odd considering how stacked City are i reckon.

Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Delph. And isnt that Foden supposed to be a CM?

I guess Toure is gone. But i would have imagined them being after a CB or two and a forward. Guess signing Jorginho wouldnt stop that though. Someone is going to be unhappy with game time.

No chance in my opinion. Jorginho is positionally exceptional. I will probably go as far as saying he is the tactically most astute midfielder out there, doesn't really matter if he is not a ball winner.

Agree with NMI's feelings. He will be perfect for them, as he would be for us. Massive blow if City beats us to his signing. Not only we will almost certainly have to settle for someone slightly inferior (I sincerely doubt Rabiot is available), it also means City will in all likelihood be pulling even further ahead of us and the rest. Will just have to hope that he fails to adapt to the league as he's not the most physically imposing, but I fear that will never be more than just wishful thinking.

I agree, totally that Jorginho is positionally and tactically one of the best CM in the game not quite up to Busquests level but he’s not far off! He’s not the quickest nor the strongest, so when some shite is playing Felliani up against him and he’s all elbows and shoves none of them three has the snide to do it back, Fernandinho does he’s as dirty as you can get at times. In possession they’ll be unreal, the spaces out wide that De Bruyne picks up Jorginho will find him 9/10. It would be like us putting Xabi in our midfield now though, he’d get overrun time and time again by the alehouse shite that most of the league serves up. He’ll be a success there don’t get me wrong, he’s too good a footballer not too be, I just don’t think that he’s what they need at all. Gundogan is class I reckon, there’s a reason they rarely play Gundogan-De Bruyne-Silva as the 3 and have Fernandinho in their midfield, it’s because even Pep realised that half the battle in this league is actually the battle, he’d get away with that midfield in Spain and they’d be unreal, not here.

Silva, Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Delph. And isnt that Foden supposed to be a CM?

I guess Toure is gone. But i would have imagined them being after a CB or two and a forward. Guess signing Jorginho wouldnt stop that though. Someone is going to be unhappy with game time.

Gaurdiolas policy is going to be like Abramovic during Mourinhos first spell at Chelsea. Buy every quality player they can for your squad and it stops your domestic competitors dead and your European competitors to a slightly lesser degree. It is down to whether the player wants a shitload of money playing a bit part role with long spells on the bench but picking up medals. I guess many players nowadays do not have a problem with this.

Fernandinho is 32 and they have few options to spell him in his position. Jorginho could easily play as the deepest lying player in that midfield to slowly phase the Brazilian out.