You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - 3pm, Sat 16/09/17 - Just get the job done.

Trumo

In fairness Jockney, there's a lot of forumites who are old enough to remember Liverpool as Champions and not just a brand. Those who are old enough know that we needed a new keeper, left back, central defender, defence midfielder - all areas Klopp has failed to adddress after 4 transfer windows.

Rafa would have sorted it out after one.

If Klopp is not serious about winning the league , then he should fuck off now. I don't think he is - he is the perfect FSG poster boy - great , charismatic front man but not really serious about winning the League.

• Upvote 2

In fairness Jockney, there's a lot of forumites who are old enough to remember Liverpool as Champions and not just a brand. Those who are old enough know that we needed a new keeper, left back, central defender, defence midfielder - all areas Klopp has failed to adddress after 4 transfer windows.

If Klopp is not serious about winning the league , then he should fuck off now. I don't think he is - he is the perfect FSG poster boy - great , charismatic front man but not really serious about winning the League.

Rafa wouldn't of sorted shit!!

We where crap in the league apart for half a season during his time here even though he signed about 100 players

It's too early to say whether we are better or worse.

Based on early indications my best guess is we will be slightly better going forward, but the defensive issues will remain. We will have a decent chance for top four and a cup with a fair wind, but the balance doesn't look to be there for a title challenge.

Loads of football to be played yet though.

Add VVD, Keita, Goretzka on a free to replace Can, and Werner to finish off all the chances we create, and we challenge for everything. But that's getting ahead of ourselves.

I've address that mate, and agree. He is being criticised rightly. Rafa was also rightly criticised for shit football, that would have struggled to break down our defence!

I remember us winning the league, and I remember the moaners. The moaners who lashed Kenny in 91'.

We all said we need new defensive players. But it has gone now, and jumping on the team after 5 minutes isn't helping. The fans where shit today, if you are going to sit there and whinge then like Klopp, you deserve criticism as well.

I've always thought it does....whether i am right or not is debatable of course.

Of course is very early and a very small sample right now.

This time last week, we were even! I don't think that comparison is valid at this stage of the season.

A fair an indicator as anything else, but ai think it is a lot more complex than that.

Spurs dropped points again at home so not as bad as it could have been.

second week In a row im looking at other top 4 teams hoping they drop points because we've dropped points.

Hate these type of weekends.

I've no intention of watching Utd destroy Everton tomorrow.

Leicester conceded 36 when they won the league; we've already conceded 9. Our defence is definitely on a par with that of the 13/14 side (i.e. shit), but not a cat in hell's chance it's as good Leicester's was when they won the league.

And they went and conceded 63 the following season.

On an individual level I believe Clyne-Matip-Lovren-Milner is about on par with Simpson-Huth-Morgan-Fuchs. There's a massive difference in the setup of the teams and the protection they get and the opponent's tactics. Schmeichel is also a significantly better keeper than either Mignolet or Karius. 

If you want Liverpool to set up like Leicester ie. the Hodgson experiment we probably hover around 7-8th most seasons. 

• Upvote 1

Every manager goes through a bad period. It took Klopp 7 years to build that Dortmund team and they got rid of him after a poor season where he finished 7th, got them to a cup final and through to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

It was a momentary blip. One of his signings (Mkhitaryan) ended up being the best player in the Bundesliga the following season and Aubameyang ended up becoming a world class centre forward.

We'll inevitably hit a down period with him, and maybe that's this season. Maybe it's a good thing for the fans to put the hero worship to one side and treat him as they would any other manager, but we need to remember he hasn't been here a full two years yet.

The defence and keeper situation is a shambles but he doesn't have £250m per season to spend on whoever he wants like Pep and Mourinho. He's dealt with the attack. Once Keita is here and Lallana is back, and maybe Coutinho shipped off for a player who's heart is on the task then we'll see the midfield similarly transformed. 

I'm sure he'll start to focus much more specifically on the defence and keeper positions in the next few years, but of course he's going to say they're good players when he's asked about them now. He's not going to iron them out in public or cause unnecessary division in the team when he has no choice but to play them at this time.

• Upvote 3

And they went and conceded 63 the following season.

On an individual level I believe Clyne-Matip-Lovren-Milner is about on par with Simpson-Huth-Morgan-Fuchs. There's a massive difference in the setup of the teams and the protection they get and the opponent's tactics. Schmeichel is also a significantly better keeper than either Mignolet or Karius. 

If you want Liverpool to set up like Leicester ie. the Hodgson experiment we probably hover around 7-8th most seasons. 

We dont have a Kante type (nor apparently do we see the need for one) so this is meaningless.

And thats where the problem is.

Myopic stubborn stupidity.

Every manager goes through a bad period. It took Klopp 7 years to build that Dortmund team and they got rid of him after a poor season where he finished 7th, got them to a cup final and through to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

It was a momentary blip. One of his signings (Mkhitaryan) ended up being the best player in the Bundesliga the following season and Aubameyang ended up becoming a world class centre forward.

We'll inevitably hit a down period with him, and maybe that's this season. Maybe it's a good thing for the fans to put the hero worship to one side and treat him as they would any other manager, but we need to remember he hasn't been here a full two years yet.

The defence and keeper situation is a shambles but he doesn't have £250m per season to spend on whoever he wants like Pep and Mourinho. He's dealt with the attack. Once Keita is here and Lallana is back, and maybe Coutinho shipped off for a player who's heart is on the task then we'll see the midfield similarly transformed. 

I'm sure he'll start to focus much more specifically on the defence and keeper positions in the next few years, but of course he's going to say they're good players when he's asked about them now. He's not going to iron them out in public or cause unnecessary division in the team when he has no choice but to play them at this time.

Hes just had a summer window and spent £35 mill on a superfluous centre mid, who he cant find room for.

While the defence was left to rot.

Its indefensible however its wrapped up.

That's fair enough boss,but in his first 2 years at Dortmund he got rid of all the shit and got in players that suited his system,he hasn't done that with us.

He didn't do that. Michael Zorc, an experienced Sporting Director did. We have Michael Edwards. People are blaming Klopp for FSG's inability to build a proper structure above Klopp and saddling him with all the responsibility of scouting and buying.

• Upvote 1

He didn't do that. Michael Zorc, an experienced Sporting Director did. We have Michael Edwards. People are blaming Klopp for FSG's inability to build a proper structure above Klopp and saddling him with all the responsibility of scouting and buying.

So are you saying Klopp is weak? Or what?

I can't see an answer that puts him in a particularly good light.

So hes a top line football manager who cant spot or recruit his own players now?

I see.

I like Klopp, i was overjoyed he rocked up at Liverpool. 

I thought he would address obvious weaknesses.

I thought he would be the new broom that cleaned out the dross.

He hasn't done these things.

It is Klopps decision. Zorg or Edwards, Klopp wanted VVD and Klopp doesn't want anyone else. Subotic instead of Klavan and I think we have 3 points today. And i'd say the same thing for Wednesday as well, but as Boss said it took him 2 years at Dortmund.

The atsmophere has been shit all season, in my opinion some fans need to have a close look at their own behaviour and wind their necks in.